TCC Outlines 3-Point Revival Plan for Thai Economy

snoop1130

1213841-630x420.jpg

The Thai Chamber of Commerce has laid out a comprehensive three-point plan, urging the newly appointed government led by PM Srettha Thavisin to take swift actions aimed at revitalizing the economy and the tourism sector.

Chamber Chairman Sanan Angubolkul emphasized the significance of immediate measures and accelerated budget disbursements to address the current economic challenges. Sanan made clear the critical importance of prioritizing specific actions during the initial 100 days of the new government’s term, urging the new government to address the pressing need for stimulus packages intended to alleviate the burden of living costs on citizens and production expenses for businesses.

The new administration has also been urged to quickly facilitate visa issuance for Chinese tourists and address the escalating demand for foreign tourists through increased flight availability. These proactive measures are particularly crucial considering the final quarter’s significance as Thailand’s peak tourism season, thus playing a pivotal role in the country’s economic rebound.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/25/tcc-outlines-3-point-revival-plan-for-thai-economy/

-- The Pattaya News 2023-08-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Chamber Chairman Sanan Angubolkul emphasized the significance of immediate measures and accelerated budget disbursements to address the current economic challenges. Sanan made clear the critical importance of prioritizing specific actions during the initial 100 days of the new government’s term, urging the new government to address the pressing need for stimulus packages intended to alleviate the burden of living costs on citizens and production expenses for businesses.

In other words... subsidise everything to get people spending something, short term policy with no real solution.?

Better to put money in peoples pockets so that they have the funds to spend long term.

Edited by hotchilli

The number one way to accelerate economy is to rid Thailand of corruption (fat chance, right?). But all the kickbacks, payoffs and bribes are like an excise tax, except that the money does not help with infrastructure, services, etc etc.. Okay, slight "trickle down" as villas etc built from ill gotten gains, and I suppose mia nois spending helps a bit

• Haha 1

Self-serving twaddle. Chinese are not coming because of their economy, not because of visa issues. Second, giving the companies in TCC more handouts won't improve the economy. Put money in poor peoples pockets, they spend all their money....but it's all given to the rich, who don't spend more because they have everything they could possibly want, or maybe spend it on a Ferrari or a yacht made abroad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

In other words... subsidise everything to get people spending something, short term policy with no real solution.?

Better to put money in peoples pockets so that they have the funds to spend long term.

Plus businesses don't have to pay higher wages. 

It may be a good idea but I think we all know they're main interest is in their profit margins. 

As you say this will only work shirt term. Tackling the disparity between rich and poor is, I think, the longer term answer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

The number one way to accelerate economy is to rid Thailand of corruption (fat chance, right?). But all the kickbacks, payoffs and bribes are like an excise tax, except that the money does not help with infrastructure, services, etc etc.. Okay, slight "trickle down" as villas etc built from ill gotten gains, and I suppose mia nois spending helps a bit

As I often say, I'll mention that to my wife. Wish me luck

• Haha 1