Trump seeks to make the most of historic Georgia mugshot

Social Media

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Like it or not, without oil we would still be using horses and sailing ships. I'm grateful I grew up in a world where I am able to travel further than my village, and have a good life. All that is due to oil.

Before horses, people walked, I suspect that if you were alive back then you would have said the same thing about walking as you're saying now about oil. Maybe you think being sentimental about petroleum isn't word, but I sure do.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Had Trump been able to finish his wall many less undocumented immigrants would have been able to enter the US now.

you sure about that?

Why the Wall Won’t Work

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/why-wall-wont-work

THE WALL
The real costs of a barrier between the United States and Mexico

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/the-wall-the-real-costs-of-a-barrier-between-the-united-states-and-mexico/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The mugshot seen round the world.

Rhyming history.

A picture is worth a thousand words (substack.com)

What is it that you see in this photograph? It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. Certainly this one is no exception. Do you see something sinister? Chilling? Authoritarian? Familiar in the pose?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, morrobay said:

A real WALL would work continuous from the Pacific to the Gulf. Trump could have declared a national emergency and ordered the Army Corps of Engineers to build it.* Im starting to go for DeSantis because I don't think he would wimp out like Trump did. * And ya all spare us all the "reasons" why a wall won't work because you don't like the idea. What rational folks don't like are hundreds of thousands of all kinds of illegals flooding into the country. I guess some don't believe in laws: the crime and anarchy in these liberal sap cities sure seems like it. And where were you all that can't stop complaining about Trump when bush falsified information about Iraq that led to $Trillions lost and thousands of lives too. And here we are again in Ukraine with Biden admin support. Trump said he would get out of there fast . I don't know about most of the people on this forum. ***And pretty sure this post will be reported and deleted- And ask me if I care 

You do realize the United States is not a dictatorship don’t you it would be much much better for both party’s to legislate a solution to the immigration problem 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 10:59 AM, Olav Seglem said:

This caracter has done more to disgrace americans in the eyes of the rest of the world than any other....

You sure about that. And Bush and Co. who falsified info about Iraq* that cost $Trillions and thousands of young US soldiers lives. Just a coincidence the VP Chenys company Halliburton made millions in this deception. Then 20 years in Afghanistan. Has not been forgotten by the world. And I say most of the world could care less about all this Trump nonsense that some around here just can't stop talking about.  ** Of course Saddam and Bin laden had to go. But that could have been carried out by the special forces. How does that saying go: you don't need to by a vineyard for a glass of wine. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Your preaching to the choir. Of course it would be better. But it was blocked by the democrats. There are advantages to a light authoritarian type government - some times that is the only way some things get done

The wall was blocked but the republicans offered no legislative solution the dems did and McConnell blocked it then trump tryed his intimidation dictator move when that dident work he had a tantrum remember?I sure do it was just one of many scandals.as far as your assertions that Joe Biden is a stumbling old fool you are mistaken he has assembled a top team and has made tremendous progress why just today they have got Medicare permission to negotiate on 10 more commonly used drugs that sir will save the government billions of dollars and it is a blow to the (swamp)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, morrobay said:

No I don't remember but your making my case: As I said above there are advantages to a light authoritarian type government (Singapore)  Hopefully DeSantis will declare a national emergency that it is and order the Army Corps of Engineers to build it.  And I dare say a Singaporean type government would have had that WALL built for the good of the good old U S of A

We are a democracy and will remain so the problem with a (light)authoritarian government is the guy in charge gets (heavy) with power I seem to recall trump telling his rubes I am your retribution remember that?I sure do 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, illisdean said:

Trumps supporters are "racist to the core". You have no clue what you are saying, do you! But, I'll give you a chance to validate your ludicrous claims.

link to photos

CNN

TownHall

1107611437_BlacksforTrump_1_TH.thumb.jpg.83a1bef71691e90ee86303ade048acb3.jpg586319915_TrumpColorvoters_CNN.thumb.jpg.84fa4b8bf48511831152f31a9ae4f749.jpgIf by racist, do you mean Trump's colored supporters?

You need to up your reading list. Townhall..............

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/townhall/

The CNN poll was with just 200 people and is explained fully in the article

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/27/2023 at 9:58 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Which is why I used the word "if". Comprende?

Well there’s that and being a foreigner (ie) alien don’t think you would be allowed to serve on a jury

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

What's not allowed? You probably won't find any posters who are sympathetic about it. It's a shame Bush and Cheney have not been prosecuted for that.

And It's rich coming from a right-wing poster, as the current MAGA fans were all waving the American flag and cheering this war

Sure right after 9/11  as well as majority of non magas . They all bought this load that disgraced general put up. Have you heard what Trump and Carlson are saying about those wars as well as about everyone else. So conflating Trumps supporters now with I guess the Bush supporters then ?  I called those bush supporters SAPS twice.  And who all really should be in prison for that criminal deception. Invading Iraq after 9/11 would be like invading Mexico after Pearl Harbor. Search : Dick Cheney and Halliburton, Iraq /Afghanistan wars. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Sure right after 9/11  as well as majority of non magas . They all bought this load that disgraced general put up. Have you heard what Trump and Carlson are saying about those wars as well as about everyone else. So conflating Trumps supporters now with I guess the Bush supporters then ?  I called those bush supporters SAPS twice.  And who all really should be in prison for that criminal deception. Invading Iraq after 9/11 would be like invading Mexico after Pearl Harbor. Search : Dick Cheney and Halliburton, Iraq /Afghanistan wars. 

Of course, most people bought it then,  including the current MAGAs who are old enough.

I just find funny to read the same guys who enthusiasticly supported the Irak war now complaining about Bush and others not having been prosecuted, as an argument.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The vast majority of illegal aliens enter the US through legal ports of entry. They are brought in by large agricultural businesses using fraudulent papers. These large businesses then donate large amounts to Republican politicians who then make speeches decrying illegal immigration, but do nothing to stop the flood of illegals coming in via legal ports of entry.

If you have any doubts, tell me what the Republican Congress has done to stop illegals entering the country.

This is an issue that you may only know about via propaganda, but I lived on the border for years. I agree that  walls in urban areas are useful, but building walls where almost no one crosses is pointless and wasteful.

If you really want to stop illegal immigration, go out to the fields around Bakersfield or Riverside, catch the illegals and put their employers in jail.

Very true.  DeSantis did not get serious about fighting illegal immigration in Florida until halfway through his final term as Governor (he's term limited).  Now that he's focused on becoming President he's throwing the small businesses and farmers who had supported him under the bus.  https://www.npr.org/2023/05/30/1177657218/florida-anti-immigration-law-1718-desantis

• Like 2

12 hours ago, candide said:

Of course, most people bought it then,  including the current MAGAs who are old enough.

I just find funny to read the same guys who enthusiasticly supported the Irak war now complaining about Bush and others not having been prosecuted, as an argument.

And who is supporting the Ukraine war on that not such a winding road from Iraq/Afghanistan. Trump/Carlson followers and also an emergent Black population who see massive inner city neglect and crime (as a result of liberal "policies" while $Billions are going to the military industrial complex as well as these bribed policy makers. 

Edited by morrobay
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, ozimoron said:

That's because, dishonest or not, the lies were within the scope of his duties as a president. Trying to overthrow a state election was not.

Lies that they knew then we're lies that cost $Billions and thousands of young US soldiers lives. So the establishment could profit. Within the scope of his duties ?? Are you serious?. Try coming to the families who lost loved ones with that trash, Hoss