2x limit on land border crossings per year - is that only for visa exempt entries?

2x limit on land border crossings per year - is that only for visa exempt entries? I presume with a METV you are allowed unlimited land border crossings until the visa expiry date, eg. via Nong Khai if you have a visa. Is this correct?

a year ago i went to Ban Pakkad Border, after 2 time they wouldn't let me back in, but it was a scam we were exiting Thailand into Cambodia, he wouldn't stamp me out of Thailand telling me go extend in Bangkok, he fully know that if i just came back nothing would happen, the stamp back into Thailand wouldn't give me problem, so he try to scam us leaving Thailand for 2k each saying we can only do it 2 time and extend in bangkok 1 time and re can repeat

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, vinci said:

a year ago i went to Ban Pakkad Border, after 2 time they wouldn't let me back in, but it was a scam we were exiting Thailand into Cambodia, he wouldn't stamp me out of Thailand telling me go extend in Bangkok, he fully know that if i just came back nothing would happen, the stamp back into Thailand wouldn't give me problem, so he try to scam us leaving Thailand for 2k each saying we can only do it 2 time and extend in bangkok 1 time and re can repeat

You wouldn't have been allowed back into Thailand if you already had two visa exempt entries that calendar years .

He wasn't scamming you, he as helping you , if you would have left Thailand , you would have had to fly back in from Cambodia 

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

I'm not sure where you see a "scam" there. That's a border crossing popular with border runners, so the IO assumed you'd want to come right back and did you a favor by letting you know that you wouldn't be allowed back if he stamped you out.

The limit that is being discussed in this topic is strictly being enforced.

That's why he tried to scam them out of 2000 baht, to help them

9 hours ago, In the jungle said:

Yes.  Although a Thai immigration officer once complained that I used my multi entry visa too much.

I figured they were having a bad day.

Was this at Poipet/Aranyaprathet? There have even been reports there of denied border bounces.

• Like 1

You wouldn't have been allowed back into Thailand if you already had two visa exempt entries that calendar years

i wasn't talking about 30 day visa exempt, i'm talking about multiple non-o visa 

He wasn't scamming you, he as helping you , if you would have left Thailand , you would have had to fly back in from Cambodia 

but after him asking us for 2k each, it was ok for us to out and in

Where did the 2000 Baht scam come in ?

His post wasn't too clear about where the scam was 

if he wanted to help us, he could of tell us to return to Bangkok and do the extension there and leave it like that, but he literally asking for 2k to let us out and in, are you trolling or you literally don't see the scam,

and all this was on multiple non-o visa and not visa exempt entries, every person in this group was on mult non-o-visa, we all knew about visa exempt and its limit, that day he made over 30k in just one morning not bad for a day work.

Edited by vinci

Just did my 2nd land border hop at chiang khong yesterday---I was the ONLY person there!

Was a bit odd and thought it was closed.....spookily quiet but all went as planned...

On the Laos side..nice guys,,stamped me in and out-wish i they didnt take up a full PP page with a useless visa.....as for USD they said if going INTO laos it was $40--for turnaround was $50 so I just paid the 1800 baht fee......bus was 25 bt over bridge each way....the thai IO noted this was my 2nd run and was the last but i will still extend it to make my usual 6 months stay sans visa..

I would def do CK again if it wasnt for the Laos visa fee vs $10 usd in mae sai..about same drive

Nice area up there and there is a really nice resort that I walked to from border as the buses stop running back to Crai after 3pm.......so I walked to this secluded rice field cottage resort

So until mae sai opens-if ever, this would likely be my back up and not have to deal with Vn laos

I did ride my mbike 95 honda dream 100 cc to CR from CM and that was a mistake so would be the green bus to CK or to CR and take the local bus to CK for 70 baht--extra 50 to the border

• Thanks 2

I am wondering if paying for the VIP line at airports is not a good investment when you start to get a decent amount of visa exemptions and visas on your passport. The bad stories I red about METV not being honored start to make that option attractive as I guess they won't bother you if you are in the fast track line.

15 minutes ago, El Matador said:

The bad stories I red about METV not being honored start to make that option attractive as I guess they won't bother you if you are in the fast track line.

METV "not honored" would require link to post stating that. 

Fast tract would not be necessarily helpful.

Agents (some) in Thailand (Bangkok) provided assistance in this regard

From memory 4k so expensive insurance. 

Reminds me of the time I did my last border bounce to Phu Nam Ron and there was a backpacker who was addiment to the point of argument that it was 2 land crossings per country per year. he had already done 2 crossins to Laos.Thai immigration refused to stamp him out of Thailand. Spent the whole trip back to Bangkok listening to him complain about Thai immigration. My German buddy had no idea that lockdown was starting but went to the same crossing anyway. Finding the crossing closed he asked around and for 4000 baht got a new 90 day stamp. He was happy as larry, never crossed his mind to whinge about it.