Thai condo owner discovers shocking state after foreign tenants leave

webfact

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

I wonder what nationality they were? Nowhere does it say farang; could be from Cambodia or Malaysia?

There's only 4 types on this Earth, Kaek,Jek, Farang and Khon Thai...if you don't believe me, ask one of the latter!

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Who's "we"You may want to know that but we do not need to know as it is irrelevant.  You make it sound as thought you grandly think you speak for others here.

You actually used 'we' too! Unless you have a mouse in your pocket. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

you find them everywhere in the world...

I had to dig about 50 lbs of cat poop between a garbage skip full of rubbish, in one of my apartments.

Lucky that these cu*ts had no money to escape too far and so I had 2 scums, who renovated me 4 more Apartments for free to avoid "enforced overstay"... 

image.jpeg.486d4de1c6646bd17413c88ff025564b.jpeg.4bf3075d0eac0d4abdb4163dbb6663c4.jpeg

Edited by Reginald Prewster

20 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Nonsense, never had a problem with getting back deposits. anyone leaving a place like this is a low life.

I didn't have to pay deposit on my Condo, live in it for year and half now.

My landlord is from Finland and so is me.

He have come to me a could of times asking me if I want a new fridge and new balcony furniture when some of his other tenants have died. I have a steady job and sometimes he invites me to dinner party.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sing_Sling said:
On 8/28/2023 at 10:03 AM, webfact said:

foreign tenants

20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where was there a reference to "farangs"?

In the article, a few times. 

Quote the parts where "farangs" were mentioned, then!   "Farang" was not used once in the OP or the link.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Who's "we"You may want to know that but we do not need to know as it is irrelevant.  You make it sound as thought you grandly think you speak for others here.

Expand  

You actually used 'we' too! Unless you have a mouse in your pocket. 

Yes, but when I used it my remark was factual in that "we" do not need to know because "we" includes me and I do not need to know!   He was saying that "we" need more information, "we" do not need more info.

• Confused 1

Hardly a luxury condo that, it looks staged to me, as for cats in a condo people need locking up, 

I have a friend who has a high end condo and decided to rent it out long term and they smuggled a cat even though in the contract "No Pets allowed" on the project, cant get rid of the smell so obviously cannot rent it out,

If it was allowed to pi$$ everywhere may have to take up the laminated floor, 

22 hours ago, Almer said:

But we all no landlords do everything not to return the deposit, so as the saying goes, what goes around comes around. 

Always got my deposit back in Thailand. Put it in a special fund in the UK so as not to be ripped-off by unscrupulous landlords.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Actually they do not mean the same thing......

Can you, please, tell me what the difference is as I've always known the two words to have the same meaning. 

57 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Quote the parts where "farangs" were mentioned, then!   "Farang" was not used once in the OP or the link.

Are you ok there, Lou?  

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I see the word 'foreign' used particularly, not 'farang' specifically.

They do mean the same thing, though, and the article is written in English.  

They don't mean the same thing. 

Farang = White Westerner in Thailand

Foreigner = Non Thai (when used in Thailand)

In the context of the article the use of the word foreigner clearly means a 'non-Thai' person.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can you, please, tell me what the difference is as I've always known the two words to have the same meaning.

A 'farang' would be a more specific term for foreigners from Western countries....Europeans, Americans Oz, etc etc  ie caucasian, probably more defined by appearance. 'Foreign', all them who are not Thai. In the case here, we might be avoiding being specific, to say Chinese (who are not falang)......

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/29/2023 at 6:00 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Farang = White Westerner in Thailand

Foreigner = Non Thai (when used in Thailand)

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

farang' would be a more specific term for foreigners from Western countries....Europeans, Americans Oz, etc etc  ie caucasian, probably more defined by appearance.

Is it that we tend to identify the word with Caucasians?

Thank you gents, appreciate it. ????