Flight ticket with 100% free cancellation

Hello.

I am about to go to Thailand (I will get 30 days visa exemption stamp on arrival).

I only have one way flight ticket.

At check-in for departure (in France), they will probably ask me to show a return ticket, because I do not have visa on passport.

So I would like to book a ticket from Thailand to a neighbored country, so I can show this proof at check-in airport.

I will cancel this flight right after I got the 30 days visa exemption on arrival in Bangkok.

Any advise to get a flight like this, that I can cancel and get 100% refund ? Thank you.

Edited by zenplay
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, zenplay said:

Thank you. Is this reliable ?

Many posts of zero issues.

Just for comfort of mind...

Have wifi access on your cell.

Any silly issues step back from counter and book cheapest onward flight.

It does not need to be return flight.

Not ideal but will be under 2k baht

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zenplay said:

Thank you. Is this reliable ?

Historically, it has worked. It is a genuine flight reservation. You want to book the ticket about 24 hours before check in (later is also OK) as the reservation is automatically cancelled after about 48 hours.

43 minutes ago, aublumberg said:

Cathay Pacific, just as an example, allows you to hold a fare for 3 days. You could book that, print out the reservation, and just let the booking expire

Do you have personal experience of this working.

The onward flight that airline May want to see needs to be a "confirmed" booking. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, zenplay said:

At check-in for departure (in France), they will probably ask me to show a return ticket, because I do not have visa on passport.

Can definitely confirm that you will be, based on my personal experience of flying from CDG to BKK a couple of months ago. Thankfully I had a valid re-entry permit which did the trick in lieu of a return/onward flight ticket!????

i once bought a refundable economy class ticket on emirates, BKK-HKG one way.  bought the ticket a week before i departed and then went online and canceled it a week after arrival.  the charge and the refund hit my credit card in the same billing cycle.   prior to that, i used the throw away ticket method a couple times, just got a cheap one to saigon on air asia. 

When entering Thailand on a one way ticket, I usually book a fully refundable onward ticket to KL with Malaysian airlines and then refund it once I arrive.  They offer fully refundable fares, have easy booking and super easy refunds.

Just make sure to book on their website and make sure to choose a refundable fare.

Other airlines with fully refundable tickets I am aware of are qatar, emirates, ethiopian and delta.  Just again always make sure to book on the airlines website and choose a refundable fare.

There is absolutely no reason to book a renta ticket or throw away ticket that are frequently recommended here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

NEVER have they asked to see a return tix..even when i bought a fake one..

Your post was a total waste of time to read, as you did not bother to mention your passport country! 

We are talking about French airports, and one poster already mentioned that they wanted to see his return ticket!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

What about Thai Airways business class full flex?

It's called Royal Silk Full Flexi --  2,000 THB cancellation fee.

There are very few, perhaps none, fully refundable tickets, with no fees (no show/cancellation). Maybe on a corporate contract. Then you've got the potential loss, or gain, on Fx.

onwardticket.com, or a similar service is the best way to go. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

What about Thai Airways business class full flex?

When I checked Thai a couple of months ago they didn't offer any fully refundable fares.  Flex usually means you can change the date with no fee but refunds still have a fee.

8 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

It's called Royal Silk Full Flexi --  2,000 THB cancellation fee.

There are very few, perhaps none, fully refundable tickets, with no fees (no show/cancellation). Maybe on a corporate contract. Then you've got the potential loss, or gain, on Fx.

onwardticket.com, or a similar service is the best way to go. 

2000 baht?. A legitimate ticket and a pittance then to cancel after you changed your plans. I guess that is still misrepresentation but I would never proffer a false ticket to Thai immigration or anyone else.  Those who do so should be prosecuted, banished,  and FORBIDDEN  entry to the Kingdom. 

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

Your post was a total waste of time to read, as you did not bother to mention your passport country! 

We are talking about French airports, and one poster already mentioned that they wanted to see his return ticket!

Allow me....hover mouse over my avatar...click ignore--check all boxes....problem solved...thanks!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Yeah, Thai Immigration is not involved, and it is not a "false ticket". It is a real booking with a PNR and Customer Name available to anyone with access to a GDS.

That's on a ~ 13,000 THB ticket BKK-KUL, so 15% of the purchase price. And more than a real throw-away. DMK-PNH on FD for 1,500 THB.

"Banished"? Seriously? Sure, your Highness.

You're a hoot.

Interesting where you draw the line on "deception". 

I have never understood the criminal mind.

Why not simply follow the rules?

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I have never understood the criminal mind.

FWIW, tens of thousands of Thais use a similar procedure when applying for visas for travel to other countries. Maybe just get on with "banishing" them. :rolleyes

4 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Why not simply follow the rules?

Sure. What are the rules? 

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Sure. What are the rules? 

Exactly. The rules are whatever a man with a badge or a jobsworth check-in counter lady says they are. I come to understand  that we airline staff are treated a little differently but I have never been once asked for onward ticket by immigration in hundreds of arrivals since 1998.

Since that time there have been an increasing number of hassles. To a certain extent I blame the foreign lowlifes who come here , work illegally, and blithley overstay.

Why don't you ask your Thai friends, if you have any, who need to go thru a nightmare of rejection and insults to get a visa to the US for example what they think ? Of these "groovy hipsters" who come here, work illegally or even beg in the street on visa exempt stamps or easily procured tourist visas supported by the ticket rental services?

Don't forget the sexpests. Don't forget the minority on tourist status who commit serious crimes like fraud, assaults, drug dealing, racketeering, and even terrorism and peadophillia.

Having a confirmed business class ticket "back to your country" is not  guarantee that you will not overstay. People are judged on their actions ans behaviors,  and many "farangs" have failed bringing all foreigners into disrepute.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Exactly. The rules are whatever a man with a badge or a jobsworth check-in counter lady says they are.

Jeez, I hope you feel better after that rant. Wow!

57 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Why don't you ask your Thai friends, if you have any

Nice passive-aggressive parry. Brilliant.

58 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Don't forget the sexpests.

Am I sensing some projection? Why even go there based on the subject of this thread. Very Skeevy.

59 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Having a confirmed business class ticket "back to your country" is not  guarantee that you will not overstay.

Sorry, what does that have to do with the subject of this thread?

For the most part (99%), the requirement for onward travel is required by the original check-in airline. Most folks have a round trip, or an onward segment so it's not an issue. But if it applies to you then you may be flagged - OLCI usually results in a "See agent" pop-up, or tag on the PNR - for details.

Actual "enforcement" of this varies widely. And you probably have a good explanation (valid permission to stay with re-entry permit). But you may be Involuntarily Denied Boarding (IDB). Pending some (re-)solution.

AFAIK, onward tickets are completely legal. That said I'm not a lawyer. 

Travel agents can book a ticket for a customer, and cancel it for a tiny transaction fee which they recoup from customers. The terms of the two transactions can span from immediate to days even weeks in the future. Onward ticket just made the whole more streamlined.

Again tens of thousands of Thais use Ghost booking (via a travel agent/or visa rep) as part part of a visa application, for obvious reasons (cost control, unknown schedule vs. visa window). This not illegal.

3 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Can't you just edit an old pdf file for a previous flight?

We all know this is a nonsense rule and when you show the file on your phone at check-in they will hardly look at it.

That is high risk. Airline staff have computer terminals at their fingertips that can check whether the reservation is real. They will usually not check, but they can.

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

That is high risk. Airline staff have computer terminals at their fingertips that can check whether the reservation is real. They will usually not check, but they can.

Are the "Onward Ticket" s real? To mean are they on PNR a begged or borrowed from somewhere that will actually be used by some person? Some tickets that allow a name change incur a fee. 

I think they are 100 percent SCAM and the listing does not exist even if it is in your name. Just a bit of cut and paste in Acrobat?

Have you even ever met anyone who lent their ticket to these sites? I think not.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Are the "Onward Ticket" s real? To mean are they on PNR a begged or borrowed from somewhere that will actually be used by some person? Some tickets that allow a name change incur a fee. 

I think they are 100 percent SCAM and the listing does not exist even if it is in your name. Just a bit of cut and paste in Acrobat?

Have you even ever met anyone who lent their ticket to these sites? I think not.

Nonsense.

I have you on ignore but checked this post.

There have been posts where airline have actually checked if it's a confirmed booking.

Shows up as a Yes.

Move on.