Thailand to boost tourism by easing visa rules for Chinese, Indian travellers

webfact

Ease visa? Then why old system Thai Elite is gone and new one costs a fortune?

20 years 5 million baht, 15 years 2.5 million baht, 5 years 900 kbaht.

And why they did, as more people bought. So more money to have or to cut down on people buying it?

Last option seems to me the issue.

10 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Let's make it easier for the scammers from China to come to Thailand and set up their call centers... 

they don't have to come as they are already here.... receive an average 2-3 calls a day, keep blocking them but they keep rotating numbers

11 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Let's make it easier for the scammers from China to come to Thailand and set up their call centers... 

just in case u missed it, they are here, never left and never will, brothers take care of brothers 555

Police seize luxury houses and expensive cars from Chinese romance scam gang

3 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Ease visa? Then why old system Thai Elite is gone and new one costs a fortune?

20 years 5 million baht, 15 years 2.5 million baht, 5 years 900 kbaht.

And why they did, as more people bought. So more money to have or to cut down on people buying it?

Last option seems to me the issue.

For 5m baht aren't they now comparable with countries that offer citizenship/residency/passport rather than a revokeable 5 year at a time renewable visa?

12 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Actually, Thailand needs to tighten visa rules for countries like China, Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Lithuania, Romania, Nigeria, Belarus, Kazakhstan, United States, United Kingdom, Australia and some other countries. Sretha may be manipulated by TAT, this is not what we expect from him.

Mmmm so who would you like walking the Sois in Phuket Eskimos and Tongan's?

13 hours ago, mania said:

xactly! Even the USA gives 6 months to most & it would be far easier to get lost in the USA with many States being as large or larger than Thailand in total

There is no guarantee that IOs in the US will give 6-month. It's the maximum. They determine your need and after that they will stamp how long one can stay in the USA. In most cases, family members of foreign nationals are given 6-months which can be extended for another 6-months.

16 hours ago, mania said:

Exactly! Even the USA gives 6 months to most & it would be far easier to get lost in the USA with many States being as large or larger than Thailand in total

Exactly, Thailand is  ridiculous and then they complain about tourists levels dropping. I am in Colombia where people go to the US all the time. The guy renting a room next to me said he went to the US and worked for 5 years on a 6 month visa... hahaha... No problems what so ever. 

Times are defiantly changing no one wants to put up with Thai immigration. You would have to be daft to even think about it this day and time.

Here if I want to stay more than 3 months I go online fill out the forms and a copy of my financial solvancy.  I am so spoiled that I don't even consider Thailand anymore.  

Actually I look at Thailand as more a communist dictatorship as far as their visa laws are concerned. 

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Here if I want to stay more than 3 months I go online fill out the forms and a copy of my financial solvancy.  I am so spoiled that I don't even consider Thailand anymore."

European Union is equally stupid by giving only 3 months visas every 180 days.

Many rich retires and tourists would like to stay in Northern Europe, in Scandinavia, for 5-6 months in wonderful summer time.

EU wants them to go home and come back to frozen waste land in mid winter!

No wonder no takers... they are in Thailand ????

• Like 2

On 8/30/2023 at 1:59 AM, John Drake said:

personally I prefer Chinese over Indians. Neither one, however, impacts my life where I live on the edge of Bangkok. Essentially, I don't care who comes here or who doesn't.

may I suggest you have a little compassion for the rest of us who will be affected.

6 hours ago, Gknrd said:

Times are defiantly changing no one wants to put up with Thai immigration. You would have to be daft to even think about it this day and time.

Friend who is wealthy retired and owns condo will only be coming for 30 days now as last time the TR application was such a hassle - required TM30 documents from him as far as I can tell.

Meanwhile millions can come in on a VE/VoA and stay in an unregistered AirBnB.

Thailand is just no longer attractive enough a destination to put up with this. Before it was a free and easy place and that is what we liked about it.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 5:41 AM, Deserted said:

Visa system in Thailand is very outdated and needs to be modernized. Why only 30 days for most countries. What actual harm does it do by allowing people to stay longer, which so many do anyway?

We keep stealing the women, corrupting the moral fibre of the young and don't shower enough.. apparently.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, mokwit said:

Friend who is wealthy retired and owns condo will only be coming for 30 days now as last time the TR application was such a hassle - required TM30 documents from him as far as I can tell.

Thailand is just no longer attractive enough a destination to put up with this. Before it was a free and easy place and that is what we liked about it.

Why does he not just use an agent? They will do all the immigration work for him, submitting TM30 getting visa extension, etc, no point in stressing about it.

5 hours ago, mokwit said:

Why does he not just use an agent? They will do all the immigration work for him, submitting TM30 getting visa extension, etc, no point in stressing about it.

4 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

have you any idea how much it costs to go through an agencie ?

Where is he located? In Pattaya no more than a few thousand Baht, PM me and I will give you the name of the one I use, they are probably the most popular agent, and their fees are set, to do a TM30 no more than B1000 probably less, visa extension B1000 plus the fee

On 8/31/2023 at 4:02 AM, thairookie said:

The Immigration Department needs to make 1,900 baht from every tourist who finds 30 days too short.

If you simplify all the rules, the Immigration Officer will have less powers to collect ..... you know.

That's probably what its about yeah. Just about money.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Seppius said:

Where is he located? In Pattaya no more than a few thousand Baht, PM me and I will give you the name of the one I use, they are probably the most popular agent, and their fees are set, to do a TM30 no more than B1000 probably less, visa extension B1000 plus the fee

Thats all very well but how much in total is the cost.

As has been stated before, the same visa requirements were in place pre-Covid and that did not prevent more than ample Chinese tourists, at the time there were many complaints about them and their numbers. If the security concerns that used to be there no longer are valid, that is one thing, so give them Visa exempt....if they still exist, to do so would be folly.