Where to buy sim card for USA in Chiangmai?

placeholder

I called True, they have a data package, but I need to be able to call also, and link my Google number to the phone number. They don't seem to have anything.

And to use my Google number I need internet service, for which I need a SIM.

Easiest option is to buy a SIM from T-Mobile when I am there. Don't use ATT. They are messed up.

Or if your phone accepts eSIMs you can buy a package from Google or another provider. 

Since you bought a roaming package consider TEXTNOW.COM. A FREE inbound / outbound number that's unlimited usage.  I use it in Thailand for US Banking an US friends. Download the APK.  I have talked to US for over 1 hour.  Used service for2 years.

It's a VOIP number that works on data or WiFi. anywhere you can connect to above. It has its own ring sound.

Oh, they have a US SIM, also free mobile service - sim service ONLY available in US ( as far as I know ) I think sim cost is $5.00. You will need a US address to send the sim to.

The service is ad supported, BUT small and does not interfere with phone calling. I don't know about the sim when it comes to ads.

If you don't use the service you will loose the service.  Call your friends / family in US as often as you want

Edited by edwardflory
spelling
  • Like 1

TEXTNOW is for a US number only.. inbound / outbound text and voice..  Works ANYWHERE you can connect to data OR WiFi. Cost is $0.00USD for UNLIMITED service.  I use for US banking and calling friends. My number is from Kentucky (859) xxx xxxx , my US home

19 hours ago, edwardflory said:

Since you bought a roaming package consider TEXTNOW.COM. A FREE inbound / outbound number that's unlimited usage.  I use it in Thailand for US Banking an US friends. Download the APK.  I have talked to US for over 1 hour.  Used service for2 years.

It's a VOIP number that works on data or WiFi. anywhere you can connect to above. It has its own ring sound.

Oh, they have a US SIM, also free mobile service - sim service ONLY available in US ( as far as I know ) I think sim cost is $5.00. You will need a US address to send the sim to.

The service is ad supported, BUT small and does not interfere with phone calling. I don't know about the sim when it comes to ads.

If you don't use the service you will loose the service.  Call your friends / family in US as often as you want

I'm going to give their sim a try, thanks. I hope it works with my bank. Can this service forward text messages to a thai phone or to an email address?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...