Police visiting house 2 months after visa approved to 'recheck visa'

I received a phone call today from an unknown number telling me that he is an immigration officer and will be visiting my house tomorrow at 10 AM to recheck my non O marriage visa. However, the immigration officer was just at our house 2 months ago when my 1 year extension was approved. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a scam?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Had them going down the road kicking doors down (joking) looking for Chinese a few months ago.

Therein lays the answer.

I did my non o ext  renewal a few days ago and had lots of problems.   It seems there is a lot of pressure from head office making it difficult for honest expats but due to corruption among officers and the Chinese you speak of.  Usually my renewals go through like a breeze after doing them for over 10 years, but this year the (new) officer tore mine to bits finding all sorts of things to pick on.  I firmly believe he was not being an <deleted> but following orders under pressure.  He was not happy with the pics around the house, picked on the angles taken, the house number was not permanant and had to be burnt into wood or made of steel etc etc.  Just too damn fussy.  Also had to have two attempts at the bank letter even with telephone instructions from the imm officer and the bank.  The map had to be precisely from our front door step to the Imm Office front door.

Maybe the unusual visits are due to the same pressure from above.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always possible of course that you may be out of the country when they call.  I guess they would want to know when you are coming back and follow-up again.

• Confused 2

Always possible of course that you may be out of the country when they call.  I guess they would want to know when you are coming back and follow-up again.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

I have never used an agent..................????

1 hour ago, transam said:

How do you know....?

I had a visit on a multi-O...............:huh:

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Use an agent and you can guarantee you wont be getting random visits! 

Then why answer me as above,,,? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

Then why answer me as above,,,? 

Because I had a visit when I had a multi entry O visa obtained from outside the country...

In other words, you never know if they will come a knocking, even using an agent............

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Because I had a visit when I had a multi entry O visa obtained from outside the country...

In other words, you never know if they will come a knocking, even using an agent............

No logic there at all. Agent versus Consulate! Lol.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

7 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

It seems there is a lot of pressure from head office making it difficult for honest expats but due to corruption among officers and the Chinese you speak of.

True. I had huge aggravation getting my Marriage extension at Kalasin, not long after several members of staff there were arrested for being too helpful to the Chinese. I asked the friendly and helpful IO who dealt with it all if it was because of the arrests, and he said it was and the new boss was making things difficult for everyone.