Trump trial in Fulton County will be televised, judge says

Social Media

15 minutes ago, Tug said:

One must not lull themselves into a false sense of security American democracy is indeed trying to rid itself of this albatross he’s done grievous damage to us we cannot afford to let our guard down.

So it is a democracy that keeps him in the limelight... so half the people support him... but it is the wrong half of the population in your opinion... so he is a deplorable "albatross" and must be gotten rid of... do you know how silly you sound???

If there was another election and he won that election, would it still be a democracy?  Would you accept him as the president?  Based on history the answer is NO... just ask Nancy...

The best way to get rid of Trump would be to offer up a viable democrat party candidate with a viable party platform... so far the only platform the democrats have offered is prosecute and persecute Trump so that we can win the election... Biden did not beat Trump... Trump lost due to so many shortsighted "anybody but Trump" voters... it may happen again or it may not.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

So it is a democracy that keeps him in the limelight... so half the people support him... but it is the wrong half of the population in your opinion... so he is a deplorable "albatross" and must be gotten rid of... do you know how silly you sound???

If there was another election and he won that election, would it still be a democracy?  Would you accept him as the president?  Based on history the answer is NO... just ask Nancy...

The best way to get rid of Trump would be to offer up a viable democrat party candidate with a viable party platform... so far the only platform the democrats have offered is prosecute and persecute Trump so that we can win the election... Biden did not beat Trump... Trump lost due to so many shortsighted "anybody but Trump" voters... it may happen again or it may not.

No it’s not democracy that keeps him in the limelight it’s the media for the most part cheep news and a vocal minority of Americans I will clue you in on something I’ve been aware of mr Trump since the 70s he’s a fraud he mismanaged the Covid pandemic that killed more Americans than all the wars we have been involved in since our founding something else you keep saying it’s the democrats prosecuting him that’s an incorrect statement it is the DOJ of the United States of America that’s pressing charges against mr Trump further more trump lost the 2020 election if by some horrible chance that he wins in 2024 I will endure and continue to fight trumpisium never give up the ship.if you can’t see what the dems are doing I can’t help you it’s blatant and obvious 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's a public forum not a meeting of the UN general assembly, so if anyone wants to post an opinion ( opinions are just that and don't need to be substantiated ) they should be able to do so without the usual tag team trying to shout them down.

If any of us use the emojis, it's a/ because they are there to be used b/ because the post probably isn't worth spending any time on and an emoji will convey the posters opinion quite well without the use of words.

Perhaps some would prefer that we could only "like" a post, and that would be fine by me, as it would cut down the number of laugh emojis my posts attract.

Can't you fathom the difference between a claim of fact and an opinion? I'll give you a clue. If you say the sky is blue, that's not an opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tug said:

No it’s not democracy that keeps him in the limelight it’s the media for the most part cheep news and a vocal minority of Americans I will clue you in on something I’ve been aware of mr Trump since the 70s he’s a fraud he mismanaged the Covid pandemic that killed more Americans than all the wars we have been involved in since our founding something else you keep saying it’s the democrats prosecuting him that’s an incorrect statement it is the DOJ of the United States of America that’s pressing charges against mr Trump further more trump lost the 2020 election if by some horrible chance that he wins in 2024 I will endure and continue to fight trumpisium never give up the ship.if you can’t see what the dems are doing I can’t help you it’s blatant and obvious 

Hahaha... you are so lost... I hope that you can find peace from casting stones 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tug said:

No it’s not democracy that keeps him in the limelight it’s the media for the most part cheep news and a vocal minority of Americans   

So you admit that Trump has lived in your head for over 50 years... that's SAD

"a vocal minority"... 50% of USA voters is a vocal minority???

"cheep news"... you mean news outlets that report a different perspective than yours???

2 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

So you admit that Trump has lived in your head for over 50 years... that's SAD

"a vocal minority"... 50% of USA voters is a vocal minority???

"cheep news"... you mean news outlets that report a different perspective than yours???

Never rented him any space till he became a threat to my country and the world order im certainly paying attention now as any concerned patriot should. as far as cheep News it’s easy for the media to produce a show with one centralized person they don’t have to chase stories to the ends of the earth all they have to do is listen to trumps yap and the cowering republicans easy and cheep

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2023 at 6:41 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Half the people don’t support him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Judge confronts novel issues in whether to move Meadows’s Georgia charges to federal court
09/04/23 6:00 AM ET

A judge is set to rule soon on the first Georgia 2020 election co-defendant’s attempt to move their charges to federal court, a decision that could prove decisive for the future of Fulton County, Ga., District Attorney Fani Willis’s (D) criminal case.

Former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows wants U.S. District Judge Steve Jones to allow him to switch courts to attempt to get his charges thrown out on immunity grounds. It would also widen the jury pool to less Democrat-heavy areas and likely prevent a televised trial allowed by state law. 

“A judge doesn’t ask for additional briefing unless the judge is thinking that that briefing will be helpful to resolving the motion that is in front of them. So it seems obvious that the judge is at least considering finding that some of the acts fall within the scope of removal,” said Alex Reinert, a professor at the Cardozo School of Law.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4183275-meadows-georgia-judge-confronts-novel-issues-federal-court/

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

Judge confronts novel issues in whether to move Meadows’s Georgia charges to federal court
09/04/23 6:00 AM ET

A judge is set to rule soon on the first Georgia 2020 election co-defendant’s attempt to move their charges to federal court, a decision that could prove decisive for the future of Fulton County, Ga., District Attorney Fani Willis’s (D) criminal case.

Former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows wants U.S. District Judge Steve Jones to allow him to switch courts to attempt to get his charges thrown out on immunity grounds. It would also widen the jury pool to less Democrat-heavy areas and likely prevent a televised trial allowed by state law. 

“A judge doesn’t ask for additional briefing unless the judge is thinking that that briefing will be helpful to resolving the motion that is in front of them. So it seems obvious that the judge is at least considering finding that some of the acts fall within the scope of removal,” said Alex Reinert, a professor at the Cardozo School of Law.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4183275-meadows-georgia-judge-confronts-novel-issues-federal-court/

Oh no, he’s going to get away with it all.

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve played a lot of sports, still do.

There’s winning moves and there’s wasted energy.

The trick is to know which is which before you make the effort.

I like long shots. Easy to root for Dallas Cowboys or Manchester United at least in their hey-day.. And you can lose a lot and one good score can put you way ahead. 

I like looking at the cases. Not who wins or loses. As the late Associate Justice Antonin Scalia wrote:

"I do not think, however, that the avoidance of unhappy consequences is adequate basis for interpreting a text."

Edited by jerrymahoney

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

I like long shots. Easy to root for Dallas Cowboys or Manchester United at least in their hey-day.. And you can lose a lot and one good score can put you way ahead. 

I like looking at the cases. Not who wins or loses. As the late Associate Justice Antonin Scalia wrote:

"I do not think, however, that the avoidance of unhappy consequences is adequate basis for interpreting a text."

Antonin Scalia was a major hypocrite.

• Thanks 1

Georgia prosecutors in Trump election case estimate four-month trial

September 6, 2023 at 5:36 p.m. EDT

McAfee did not reject a joint trial of Trump and his 18 co-defendants, but he peppered prosecutors with questions and appeared deeply skeptical that proceedings for all 19 could begin next month. He noted efforts by some of the defendants to move their cases to federal court and existing motions from Trump and others who have said they will not be ready for trial by late October. ...

McAfee said he plans to decide by next Thursday whether all the defendants must be tried at the same time beginning next month.

“I remain very skeptical,” McAfee told prosecutors. “But I’m willing to hear what you have to say on it.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/09/06/trump-georgia-trial-four-months/

https://archive.ph/Xeyry

On 9/5/2023 at 12:29 PM, jerrymahoney said:

On 9/5/2023 at 2:45 PM, placeholder said:

Antonin Scalia was a major hypocrite.

On 9/5/2023 at 3:46 PM, jerrymahoney said:

He was very witty.

Beware when someone indulged wit (or bovine crap as in  "the avoidance of unhappy consequences is adequate basis for interpreting a text...") as cover for hypocrisy. There's something insidious about it, though it doesn't quite work as a deflection tactic. It's like saying, hey, that guy just robbed a bank. Then someone responds, he drives a rather nice car.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, watthong said:

Beware when someone indulged wit (or bovine crap as in  "the avoidance of unhappy consequences is adequate basis for interpreting a text...") as cover for hypocrisy. There's something insidious about it, though it doesn't quite work as a deflection tactic. It's like saying, hey, that guy just robbed a bank. Then someone responds, he drives a rather nice car.

That quote was from a Supreme Court concurring opinion written by Scalia in which he sided with liberal justices Ginsburg and Breyer. So, at least in this case, if Scalia was a hypocrite, so were Ginsburg and Breyer.

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

by Scalia in which he sided with liberal justices Ginsburg and Breyer. So, at least in this case, if Scalia was a hypocrite, so were Ginsburg and Breyer.

So if a hypocrite somehow agrees with you or sides with your opinion, then that makes you a hypocrite as well?  But never mind that, how about you quoting a hypocrite, what that makes you?

Edited by watthong
  • Like 1

Justice Antonin Scalia’s politics and jurisprudence weren’t to everyone’s liking, but there was general agreement that he was the Supreme Court’s finest writer during his tenure. Ask practicing lawyers, editors of the New Republic (not exactly Scalia’s target demographic), or even his liberal colleague, Justice Elena Kagan — who declared Scalia to be “indubitably [the Court’s] greatest writer.”

https://abovethelaw.com/2016/11/how-justice-scalias-writing-style-affected-american-jurisprudence/