Digging for justice: Mother’s anger grows after 8 year old son buried alive by uncle

webfact

image.jpeg

A furious Thai mother sought justice for her eight year old son after the boy was buried alive by his uncle. The mother is incandescent with rage at the Royal Thai Police’s procrastination in issuing charges against the suspect despite the overwhelming evidence presented to them.

The mother, Tanyong, revealed her fury on Facebook.

“The incident occurred on August 26, but the person who harmed my innocent son remains at large, despite the possession of concrete evidence and the presence of witnesses. I want the person to face legal punishment. What was in his mind? The child is innocent, and that child is his nephew. I will never give up on the case. He is not a human.”

Channel 3 reported an interview with Tonyong yesterday. Tonyong revealed that she and her son lived separately after she divorced her husband. The boy resided with his grandmother in the northeastern province of Loei while she worked in Chon Buri province. She added that her ex-husband’s sister and her husband also helped take care of her son.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Nation.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/digging-for-justice-mothers-anger-grows-after-8-year-old-son-buried-alive-by-uncle

-- The Thaiger 2023-09-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 10

44 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

The RTP still living up to their reputation I see.

Attempted Murder! buy a piss head, no money in that, init. 

By no means am I suggesting what the uncle did was right. 

However, his actions were in response to this boy bullying his son - I wonder how long the bullying was going on for before the father (uncle) snapped.

There are two sides to this story and as a father I can understand the actions to put so much fear into the boy that he never so much as lays a finger on his son again.

Barbaric? yes. Necessary? thats difficult to tell. 

What we can be quite sure of is that boy will never bully his son again. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 10

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

what a sleezy play on words in the original OP. digging for justice ? oh how clever of you thaiger

Agreed....  it seems there are a couple of reporters at the 'Thaiger' who's primary goal is to generate a pathetic play on words for headlines which completely ignore any standards of taste and throws empathy, consideration and common decency out of the window. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

A slap and frog marched back to granny's, banned from his house or playing with his son again, Barbarizing is not necessary ever with an 8 yr old. Would you treat a child of yours that way . I think we know the answer. 

Agreed...  

I'm highlighting the 'trigger point'... which was not outlined in the article posted on this forum, but on the linked article. 

2 hours ago, CMBob said:

What's barbaric is anyone thinking that burying alive an 8-year-old might be "necessary."  Unbelievable.

I agree, particularly as the child as eight yrs old. 

I perhaps over egged my comment earlier trying to seek understanding as to what may trigger someone to such extreme actions.

Bullying does not demand such an excessive and barbaric response. 

Nevertheless, I can understand that as bullying occurred, that 'some' response was called for (just not anything close to extreme as this).

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Confused 2

On 9/1/2023 at 5:08 AM, brianthainess said:

Attempted Murder! buy a piss head, no money in that, init. 

The expectation that the police are there to stop laws being broken is a western assumption. 

The police are there to make money for the police.. If that means being paid to tolerate laws being broken, or collect petty fines as a tax on the population, that is what they will do. Occasionally social media will shame them into the job of enforcing the law but its only to maintain the primary income processes. Until this changes, with a total rebuild, which they will resist and fight, so it will continue to be.

Police, Army, these power structures are just more clans that have evolved out of a clan based society. In such a collectivised culture the success and preservation of your clan is more important that the rights of the individual, so right and wrong no longer means anything outside of the framework of what is happing to or for your clan. Its an entirely different moral mindset. 

Things like this are an everyday occurrence, from brutality to murder. They will continue for decades unless the main problem is addressed. One of the main reasons is that the little boy was growing up without a father's guidance, along with an absent mother, which this country takes the led worldwide for. No excuses at all. Some people started this quite awhile ago, and now it's considered normal for "parents" to leave their kids with grandparents, many times who are either too old to properly take care of the children and, or illiterate. Bullying comes from seeing it in a home environment. Teaching your child to defend themselves and not to take advantage of others is the parents, and especially the fathers job. This boy didn't have that guidance, and bullied (supposedly) the other boy, leading to an aggravated uncle taking matters into his own hands, which was outright over the top insanity. A boy that's 8 can still learn not to bully, but it should have been addressed since toddler stage. People here, parents, hit their children with sticks all the time, which leads to daily TV topics where you see others beating others with sticks. Cowards use weapons unless they are defending their or others lives. People who aren't taught by competent parents end up as bullies, users, abusers, rapists and murderers. Sadly, not enough care here about their children to do what's right, and leave it up to others to raise their children. This is one reason not to have children. If you don't want the job, use birth control. Serial killers and murderers are usually made and not born.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 3:42 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed....  it seems there are a couple of reporters at the 'Thaiger' who's primary goal is to generate a pathetic play on words for headlines which completely ignore any standards of taste and throws empathy, consideration and common decency out of the window. 

Everyone there is a western educated Thai who thinks they're hi-so and superior for having a western education and connections which landed them their joke of a job that will soon be replaced by ChatGPT.

Petch especially is an annoying C-word. Not very beautiful either. Useless person.

All this blah blah about what allegedly happened, but not a single mention about the condition of the boy, which was all I was interested in knowing.

This was all we got:

The boy was unconscious, his face and nose buried under a suffocating layer of earth, leaving him gasping for breath.

Do you gasp for breath if you're unconscious?

He must have survived as they mentioned "attempted murder".