What are they building left side of highway 7?

BenStark

If you take the tollway direction Bangkok, a few hundred meters before the exit Banglamung / Rayong, they are building some big complex for at least 6 months now.

One of the latest additions is a steel framework, which looks as if it could be used for the prices at a gas station, though I can see what could function as an entrance, but i don't see an option for an exit, so doubt it will be a gas station.

Anyone has knowledge about what they are building there?

15 hours ago, BenStark said:

If you take the tollway direction Bangkok

That pretty  much describes every tollway in Thailand.  I assume you mean north bound highway 7 after leaving Pattaya.  
They are building a big rest area that will only be accessed from the motorway just like the one in Bang Pakong.  It will surely have gas stations and restaurants and toilets.   How do I know this?  They have a big ol' sign there with the renderings showing what it will look like when finished.  

@bbko,  several of us care.  Get back to your bar stool. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, action said:

That pretty  much describes every tollway in Thailand.  I assume you mean north bound highway 7 after leaving Pattaya.  

Since this is posted in the Pattaya forum, that would be a fair assumption yes.

They are building a big rest area that will only be accessed from the motorway just like the one in Bang Pakong.  It will surely have gas stations and restaurants and toilets.

That was also my guess, but a rest area must have an exit at the end, and as far as I can notice, there is no provision for that

They have a big ol' sign there with the renderings showing what it will look like when finished.  

I live near there, so pass at least twice every day, and never seen such a sign.