hi, how is with the visa in phillipines?

5 hours ago, SuperSaiyan said:

No, you just need to extend it the first time after 59. I don't have the exact dates in my head, but it is something like: Extend first after 59 days for another 60 days, then after 60 days extend it for 90 days and after 90 days you can extend it for a year or so.

You can stay inside Philippines for up to 3 years without leaving! After 3 years you just do a border run by flying in and out and you can stay another 3 years! It's an absolute dream!

As a Brit (so am pretty sure it would be the same for somebody from the EU) it's 30 days on Arrival & your 1st extension will be for 29 days, though I do recall one time being stood behind an old gentleman who the Immigration Officer did a 29 day extension for there & then. 

After that you can extend for 1,2 or 6 months depending on a number of factors (not least where you're staying in Philippines, personally I'd recommend Davao City for a longer stay) up to a maximum of 3 years. 

Do have a return flight (or throw away ticket, e.g. https://onwardticket.com/) out of Philippines within the 1st 30 days as not only do you risk being denied check-in by your airline but there is also a risk of the Immigration Officer wanting to see it when in the Philippines... Happened to me a couple of times when I used one-way flights from Singapore to Davao & returned on a different airline from Cebu/ Kalibo (Boracay). Has never happened to me in Thailand.

Edited by Mike Teavee

17 hours ago, parafareno said:

so there are less tourists there i guess, like russians?  Also do they have lots of fruit to sale in markets? Like in thailand?

The Philippines has 5% of the expats and tourists Thailand has. Also a much bigger population. So it's basically uncharted territory. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, SuperSaiyan said:

How is it?

It's great! A dream in comparison to Thailand

Just go there, get the 59 days and then extend every 30-60 days up to a year without leaving.

Are you sure EU residents are getting 59 days on arrival? It's 30 from my experience and then can easily get extended another 30 after that. One can get a tourist visa to the Phils at a Phils embassy and that is 59 days. Visa on arrival is 30 days.

Edited by likerdup1

16 hours ago, Trippy said:

Yes there is plenty of fresh fruit there same as Thailand. Less tourists overall, not Russian many Korean. 

But I strongly advise you go there for a short trip first, before you make any long term plans. PI is not for everyone, including me. 

Yea, Phils is pretty rough around the edges compared to Thailand. It takes some adjustment that's for sure. You get what you pay for in this situation from my experience.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Are you sure EU residents are getting 59 days on arrival? It's 30 from my experience and then can easily get extended another 30 after that. One can get a tourist visa to the Phils at a Phils embassy and that is 59 days. Visa on arrival is 30 days.

The law is not in effect yet, but yes it has been changed to 59 days on arrival instead of 30 days. It will come in effect probably in October or November.

• Thumbs Up 1

i am worreid about the fruit vailability...i went to fruit markets in thailand daily for fresh mango, oranges, coconuts....if this would be lacking...there would be a problem....is it because it is an island so it is harder to imporr fruit?

Also they Phillipines are much more expensive if electiricity is so expensive....

is 1000 usd enough to live a good life?

i always went to thailand, never anywhere else.....the women are beautiful in majority, thin, easy to pickup...but in phillipines i see they are mostly chubby and less attractive? That could be another problem....I would go to thailand still if there would not be so many tourists and visa requirements with border runs etc...

Edited by parafareno
  • Confused 1

On 9/5/2023 at 4:20 AM, parafareno said:

Also do they have lots of fruit to sale in markets? Like in thailand?

There is fresh fruit available, but not much other food that is edible.  I spent 2 months there and the best meal I had was fried chicken at McDonald's.

19 hours ago, Trippy said:

Yes there is plenty of fresh fruit there same as Thailand. Less tourists overall, not Russian many Korean. 

But I strongly advise you go there for a short trip first, before you make any long term plans. PI is not for everyone, including me. 

And be aware that many people carry handguns, city and rural.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, parafareno said:

i am worreid about the fruit vailability...i went to fruit markets in thailand daily for fresh mango, oranges, coconuts....if this would be lacking...there would be a problem....is it because it is an island so it is harder to imporr fruit?

Also they Phillipines are much more expensive if electiricity is so expensive....

is 1000 usd enough to live a good life?

i always went to thailand, never anywhere else.....the women are beautiful in majority, thin, easy to pickup...but in phillipines i see they are mostly chubby and less attractive? That could be another problem....I would go to thailand still if there would not be so many tourists and visa requirements with border runs etc...

You need to go there for yourself, $1000 will be enough. More than in Thailand. If you are from the EU, everything will be cheaper except western food. Also, in reality, you cant stay in Thailand for long anyway because of the <deleted>ty visas for under 50's.

If you are worried about the fruit, most of it comes from China anyway (except maybe pineapples) and they export it to the Philippines as well and it will be available to buy.

3 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I did a very popular thread on this a few years ago now on Thai Visa forum and the overwhelming opinion was, with the exception of English speaking women, nothing much else to go for. Also, plenty of scams from the women there as well as Thailand, they just do it in a different way.

There was the odd poster who liked it in the Philippines but they were very much in the minority.

Far more unpredictable and volatile than Thailand.

Complaints included terrible food, expensive to rent very basic accommodation, utilities expensive, bad living conditions and rampant poverty, too many guns with people more than prepared to use them.Guards with machine guns and metal detectors at shopping malls. They also said you must remain very vigilant.

Many of these countries such as Philippines and Cambodia get people that cannot afford the rules and regulations to stay in Thailand.

I rent a house to a Filipina lady working in Thailand, she does not have a very high opinion of the place but loves her family of course. She doesn't run the place down, it's more a case of what she doesn't say.

I have never inquired much other than passing pleasantries but she just says he is happier working here.

For great local food, fruit and vegetables, you will be hard pressed to beat Thailand in this region.

How much is such a "popular opinion thread" worth if it's not even looking at the visa situation? And then the anecdotes over and over and never forget the "we expats in Thailand are better" bit. Everybody needs to see and compare it for himself.

30 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan said:

My personal comparison:

Philippines:

+ Girls, easier to get a real gf/wife

+ Friendly people, no xenophobia

+ Visa, so easy, so good

+ Beautiful islands

+ Christian Churches everywhere

+ Super cheap for low budget

+ Everybody speaks English
- Bad Hospitals

- Accommodation quality, for $300 you get a nice condo in Thailand while it will be $500 in the Philippines for the same standard

Thailand

+ Good food, street food is amazing

+ Accommodation is cheap and high standards
+ Private Hospitals have high standards

- nobody speaks English

- no Churches

- Visa for under 50 yo's make long stay impossible

- dirty beaches, dirty water

- many prostitutes, everywhere

- draws many shady people due to its Pattaya red light

- People are so unfriendly towards White foreigners, talk about them in the back all the time, xenophobia is real

my 50 cent about thailand

Border runs are pain in the ass my biggest problem

easy girls that are obsessed about white people lol is great

dirty beaches in thailand pattaya

many whores there...

too many russians and other tourists in pattaya, bkk is ok but bkk is boring, hot, hard to commute

farmers markets are best in the world, mangos, melons, coconuts, veggies....just a godsend...7/11 at every corner..i am a fruit obsessed man, especially mango

seems police has more control over crime, even thought there is corruption

about phillipines

no problem with visa, biggest advantage

lots of beaches second biggest advantage

never been there....been looking on tinder the girls in cebu....most of them are fat and not that attractive...in thailand it is opposite lol

less tourists is a big plus...i dont care if there are koreans...or chinese.... 

more expensive accomodation is a concern, even though my budget is like 1500 usd per month

people with guns seems scary....

more blend food....i am vegan and i see many vegan restaurants in cebu for example but dunno if the food is good....

about your opinion in thailand almost everybody speaks english...besides old people...i never had problems....only like girls from rural areas do not speak english, but i used the app, but it was really rare....

Edited by parafareno
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

As I recall you had some health problems while here. The medical care is not up to par in the Philippines especially outside of Manila. The food is going to be a really big deal for you. Their fruit in no way is near Thailand's as most is imported from China. Good luck.  

• Like 1