Bangkok governor wants the city to become “international business hub”

webfact

Thailand, the land of hubs.

Reminds me, I must ask a thai, what is it with the word HUB that excite them so much?

(except P...HUB)

Monthly it seems, another incredible amazing (P)Hub idea comes up

(Pun intended)

Edited by Shop mak
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

Have you actually bothered to read this link?  It s full of restrictions, requirements  and criteria for business investment in Thailand,  just as I stated.  At least read it yourself before [putting it forward as evidence of your clearly wrong  views. 

Bigger companies don't have any issues investing 30+ million THB. Like I said before I WORK for one and know many others. Get of your bar stool more often as that is where you probably get your only info from.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Yup, the only international business hub where the suits and ties will be accosted for money constantly by the bums and beggars that the governor does nothing about.

But keep dreaming about being a world-class city one day, just as soon as you fix the streets flooding constantly over less than an afternoon's worth of rain.

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

I say again, it is not legally possible for a wholly owned foreign based company to operate in Thailand without following the BOI restrictions, requirements and criteria. 

Possibly why Carrefour (and others) left as they were severely restricted in their expansion which made their investments here unviable.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Another one who has no idea what they are talking about.

Ok.... I stand corrected about BOI.

....which is an investment visa and has nothing to do with real companies operating in Thailand.

Every single company needs 4 Thai staff to 1 foreigner.

No exceptions, 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Complicated visas, nanny check-ins, no health insurance, protectionist laws, courts unfair and biased, no real rule of law, bad economy, nation indebted.

War in Europe

Most westerners are reeling economically

China is about to take a bath

India hasn't a prayer

Arabs have Dubai

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

Ok.... I stand corrected about BOI.

....which is an investment visa and has nothing to do with real companies operating in Thailand.

Errrr, what?? What are you talking about, you are making no sense at all. The BOI is an "investment visa" and "nothing to do with real companies operating in Thailand"??  Do you even know what the BOI is and what it does? It is not a visa.  Seriously, why keep going?

"I stand corrected but then I'm going to say something immediately afterwards which means I clearly don't."

Every single company needs 4 Thai staff to 1 foreigner.

No exceptions, 

....and there you go again, repeating the same falsehood after I just gave you the most clear information and examples, and after you said you stand corrected. Wow, just wow.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The governor of Bangkok has ambitious hopes of turning the Thai capital into a hub for international business. Chadchart Sittipunt says transforming Bangkok into a foreign business hub can only benefit everyone, through job creation and income generation

If you want private people to seriously come here to open businesses and work then adapt the immigration laws, no-one in their right mind is going to invest heavily and only get a measly long term visa in return.

Time Thailand opened up to the world.