Bank letter for immigration

12 hours ago, franckpattaya said:

Hi,

I have to renew my one year visa (retirement) and I would like to know if

I can request the "letter" for immigration in a different branch from the one

where I opened my account.

Thanks

My permanent address is CM, I opened my self-only (as requirement changed) acct there too.  But yearly, while that bank does my 12 monthly deposits, the other "bank letter" has to come from the main office in Bangrak, Bangkok.  It takes 3-5 days for that so I advise my bank in CM that I need the letters for immigration and they provide same within the same couple of days, I update my Acct on the day I will go to Immigration and also make copies of ALL the pages in the bankbook.  Yearly there have been requests for each different report that I need so now I just include all these.  Originally they wanted my advice reports from my stateside bank too but now only from Thai banks.  Less than an hour at immigration now for yearly update of long stay.  MUch better today than years ago.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, franckpattaya said:

Hi,

Thanks

You should able to get the bank letter from any branch bank. The branch bank where I opened my account is in South Pattaya. As it is more convenient, I have been obtaining the letter from Bangkok Bank's customer service counter at Tesco Lotus South (just recently they have closed that counter).  I know several others that use the Bangkok Bank branch on Jomtien 2nd Road located near the Immigration Office. 

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes you can..... presuming you mean the confirmation letter and not the monthly income verification. Just seems to be a regular teller function in the Bangkok Bank branches I have used. 

For my last 3 retirement extensions, I have obtained both bank letters (verification of account required for all and listing of foreign deposits for the previous 12 months used for the monthly income method) from Bangkok Bank's service counter at Tesco Lotus South in Pattaya.  

Since I don't keep my passbook updated on a regular basis, I firs order bank statements for the previous 12 months which they have to obtain from HQ in Bangkok and takes about 5 business days.  I then return and they prepared both bank letters for Immigration for me, using the bank statements for the listing of foreign deposits which I then presented to Immigration the following morning along with my TM.7 and other required documents.

Next year I will need to use a different customer service location as Bangkok Bank closed their counter at Tesco Lotus South last month.

8 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

Next year I will need to use a different customer service location as Bangkok Bank closed their counter at Tesco Lotus South last month.

Yeah, they shut the branch in Big-CX and removed the convenient ATMs at my nearby gas station...... the small branch near Numchai, which is convenient en-route, doesn't open until quite late....

Edited by jacko45k

I use Kasikorn and they closed the branch where I first opened the account so I just went to another branch and had no issues.  Since the bank letter and transaction details should be on the same day as your immigration application you might inquire at the branch you intend to use to make sure ahead of time.

17 hours ago, franckpattaya said:

Hi,

Thanks

I opened my BKK Bank account in one town and moved. I get my IO letters for the past several years from the new town with no problems.

22 hours ago, franckpattaya said:

Hi,

Thanks

It might depend of the bank you are using. In SCB you can for example use any branch – they have closed so many branches that lots of customers became "homeless" – while Bangkok Bank for example still requires that some things shall be done in one's home branch. Check it in a branch of the bank in where you have your account.