Does anyone know the name of this bar from this background clue?

Senior Player

The shutters were still down on the bar I thought it was, so no confirmation yet, but I'm quite sure it's one of the bars close to Mike Shopping Mall.  

Do you want to find out if she's still going with customers?  Maybe Stickman is in Pattaya and feels like doing some gum-shoeing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/8/2023 at 7:19 AM, Bobthegimp said:

The shutters were still down on the bar I thought it was, so no confirmation yet, but I'm quite sure it's one of the bars close to Mike Shopping Mall.  

Do you want to find out if she's still going with customers?  Maybe Stickman is in Pattaya and feels like doing some gum-shoeing.

I didn't think Stickman was still in Thailand, or Bangkok. I have to admit, it does look like one of the older bars by the tiles around the bar which lead me to somewhere close to the beach front. Further back the bars tends to be more modern. Perhaps you're right in your assessment of it being near Mikes Shopping Mail. I don't suppose you have a name?

Looks same many older bars in walking street or anywhere else.

Near Mike beach road?

No.

From soi 10 going south,

1. Five Star bar been around 30+ year, cashier been there 28 yrs, different tiles and bar.

2. Cocktail bar, brand new open only 2(?) months ago.

3. Pasha's cafe, newer open air directly outside Mike. No bar.

4. Chalee bar outside modern city. Newer style, no bar.

None of these looks anything same the photo. Not near Mike on beach road.

Edited by Shop mak
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Shop mak said:

Looks same many older bars in walking street or anywhere else.

Near Mike beach road?

No.

From soi 10 going south,

1. Five Star bar been around 30+ year, cashier been there 28 yrs, different tiles and bar.

2. Cocktail bar, brand new open only 2(?) months ago.

3. Pasha's cafe, newer open air directly outside Mike. No bar.

4. Chalee bar outside modern city. Newer style, no bar.

None of these looks anything same the photo. Not near Mike on beach road.

Thank you for your feedback

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2023 at 8:44 AM, Senior Player said:

Hi. I'm trying to find the name of this bar and location from a tiny portion of a photo. The bar is in Pattaya and might be close to the beach, and that's pretty much all I know. If any good detectives out there can piece together the name from this small background clue, I'd be grateful. If not, don't worry. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e4082990ded52a0bf1f11ab879aa480b.jpeg

From the bill cup I'd guess the Tahitian Queen.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Senior Player said:

Here's another photo of the bar with a different girl in the shot...

IMG_0259(1).jpeg.71c61317f80480cbdd044b95f80bcdd8.jpeg

Ugly white tiling, pitch-black background... Should be pretty easy to identify by scanning bars along beach road on Google Maps. Alternatively you can try and watch videos of people walking around the area on YT.

It might be one of the bars at the entrance of Walking Street - next to the entrance of the Pattaya Beer Garden.

I love those guessing games. Come on, more pics without the mystery girl on them. I'm gonna pinpoint that place for you (pretty sure I know it. Remember once thinking to myself what an ugly white tiling - can't remember where though)...

Edited by Bunny Silverhand

15 hours ago, Bunny Silverhand said:

Ugly white tiling, pitch-black background... Should be pretty easy to identify by scanning bars along beach road on Google Maps. Alternatively you can try and watch videos of people walking around the area on YT.

It might be one of the bars at the entrance of Walking Street - next to the entrance of the Pattaya Beer Garden.

I love those guessing games. Come on, more pics without the mystery girl on them. I'm gonna pinpoint that place for you (pretty sure I know it. Remember once thinking to myself what an ugly white tiling - can't remember where though)...

Yes, I tried Google Maps already, plus AI location. There's also no GPS info on the photo to help. I was rather hoping that someone who'd been to this bar might recall the name or location. The last time I went to Thailand (April this year) the entrance to the Pattaya Beer Garden had changed quite a lot and no longer looked rundown. They've even got rid of the Thai Boxing ring in the centre.

• Thumbs Up 1