A gym with a view

roger101

I understand your problem. The first thing I wish to say, is kudos for your will to move and stay healthy. After that, you can choose any gym. Just bring your phone and listen to music or buy a tablet to put in front looking movies while you walk and excersie.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roger101 said:

I don't need any comments about just walk the streets. I'm getting old and my sense of balance is crap.

It sounds like you think your sense of balance will somehow improve walking on a movable machine, 555.  By your own admission it sounds like a stationary platform is what you need. There's plenty of parks with jogging/walking paths if you know how to find them. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Woofer said:

Coco gym in Mike Shopping centre has a nice view of Pattaya beach. It's bit more than 120 baht though.

Used that one a few times myself for just that reason, although I settled for Fairtex near the Dolphin Roundabout - seem to recall there's a lot of green outside in front of the running machines (and/or tennis courts?).

I used to stay at the Palm Gardens round the corner but that seems to have disappeared along with the Kiss Food place when Terminal 21 muscled in. All a sad loss for Pattaya. ????

P.S.

Just noticed OP budget of 120. Don't think that'll stretch to Fairtex, can't remember about above Mike's. But otherwise my post stands.

Edited by BusyB

19 hours ago, roger101 said:

a street view that gives me something to look at at while I'm walking, I would prefer a low priced gym say a 120 baht a day

The PRS Hotel gym on Soi 17/Soi Regional Land looks out on the street with a lot of traffic passing. It's air-conditioned but only in the evenings. I haven't been there for years but it used to charge 3,000 Baht a month for membership. There's also a small swimming pool. Sounds like it ticks all your boxes.

On 9/8/2023 at 10:40 PM, roger101 said:

that either has a TV nearby to watch

Your smart phone isn't able to watch youtube videos? Assuming you're not Amish, get a pair of wireless earphones, a smart phone with internet access, then watch Youtube, Netflix, or any one of the hundred of streaming sites for free.

Then you're free to pick & choose any gym that fits your needs. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Guderian said:

The PRS Hotel gym on Soi 17/Soi Regional Land looks out on the street with a lot of traffic passing. It's air-conditioned but only in the evenings. I haven't been there for years but it used to charge 3,000 Baht a month for membership. There's also a small swimming pool. Sounds like it ticks all your boxes.

A expensive gym near the low class Flybird Condominiums????