Nancy Pelosi: Democrat and ex-Speaker, 83, to seek re-election

Social Media

3 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

It’s not so much that he’s old, it’s more the fact that he’s senile.

His team has done well but he will not win re-election if he has to front up to a non Covid lock down election.

Stepping aside for generational change is the best he can do now.

The amateur gerontologist strikes again!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You need to sit a medical assessment and driving or riding assessment to keep your licence after a certain age.

Public office should be the same as driving licences - prove your fitness after a certain age.

Pelosi, Feinstein, McConnel, Biden and Trump should all be in a nursing home not running the country into the ground.

Classic false equivalence. You need to do a medical for your driver's license because you might endanger others. Difficult to do as a senator. If she can get the votes that's the democratic way.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

It’s not so much that he’s old, it’s more the fact that he’s senile.

His team has done well but he will not win re-election if he has to front up to a non Covid lock down election.

Stepping aside for generational change is the best he can do now.

I see you’ve bought the accusation confession line.

The accusation of Biden sensory ramped up after Trump was rushed into the Walter Reed in the middle of the night to be administered the Montreal Cognitive  Assessments Test, it’s a confession there is something seriously wrong with Trump.

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2023 at 8:38 PM, Tug said:

The city has always had a dark underbelly as do all large cities unfortunately the drug problem (I think that’s what you are alluding to )is a worldwide problem  so I’m just going to chalk that up to another slur all that being said she should quit while she is ahead it’s time .mr Jeffery’s as minority leader seems to be doing a fine job.time to pass the torch madam speaker 

San Francisco is where people used to wear flowers in their hair. 

Now they wear lice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, nauseus said:

San Francisco is where people used to wear flowers in their hair. 

Now they wear lice.

That was in the hait asbury area lots of drugs but generally not so hard as today I’ve spent time in the city in the early 70s and in 2007 through 2019 made lots of money but then I’m not a tweaker there are definitely some seedy areas that beeing said you would be mistaken to assume the whole city is like that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I see you’ve bought the accusation confession line.

The accusation of Biden sensory ramped up after Trump was rushed into the Walter Reed in the middle of the night to be administered the Montreal Cognitive  Assessments Test, it’s a confession there is something seriously wrong with Trump.

Biden’s mental decline is abundantly obvious and completely unrelated to anything about Donald Trump.

73% of American voters agree he is too old (read senile) to run for re-election. 

Biden, like McConnell and Feinstein, is very very old and therefore, day by day, becoming more and more physically and mentally diminished.

It is not a debate, it is fact.

BTW - this thread is about Pelosi, yet here you are commenting off topic ???????????? seems your excuse to avoid certain questions in other threads is just bs.

2 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Biden’s mental decline is abundantly obvious and completely unrelated to anything about Donald Trump.

73% of American voters agree he is too old (read senile) to run for re-election. 

Biden, like McConnell and Feinstein, is very very old and therefore, day by day, becoming more and more physically and mentally diminished.

It is not a debate, it is fact.

BTW - this thread is about Pelosi, yet here you are commenting off topic ???????????? seems your excuse to avoid certain questions in other threads is just bs.

There was me thinking I was responding to your comment.

19 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You don’t think America is being mismanaged? ????????????

The country is at a crossroads akin to 1968.

The Democrats are garbage; the only ones who make any sense - Bernie and AOC, are sidelined by their own party. And the Republicans…these nutters are so bad they make the Democrats seem halfway decent.

The future looks incredibly grim which is bad news for the entire free world.

Wonder where is this entire "free world"?

17 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

RFK Jr is on the same wacko train as the MAGA nutters.

That may be true, but shouldn't the voters be the ones to decide whether he's bat cr@p crazy? 

Not some Star Chamber at the DNC, like they did to Bernie...

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

That may be true, but shouldn't the voters be the ones to decide whether he's bat cr@p crazy? 

Not some Star Chamber at the DNC, like they did to Bernie...

What are you on about. He's allowed on ballots. He's an anti vax weirdo with appeal to Magadonians not Democrats. He has zero chance of being nominated. He's basically a troll.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What are you on about. He's allowed on ballots. He's an anti vax weirdo with appeal to Magadonians not Democrats. He has zero chance of being nominated. He's basically a troll.

He may be a troll, but he's our troll.   I don't subscribe to the conclusions or analysis of either of these links.  But that's where you need to go to see RFK Jr's claims.  The MSM is  silent on the issue...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rfk-jr-campaign-accuses-dnc-being-undemocratic-demands-assurances-every-dems-vote-counts

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-09-08-rfkjr-democrats-rigged-nomination-biden-excluding-everyone.html

The gist:

"Two of the things today is they've moved the Iowa primary, they've made rules that if anybody campaigns in Iowa or sets foot, any candidate sets foot in the state of Iowa or steps foot in the state of New Hampshire, then none of the votes that are cast for that candidate will be tallied," RFK Jr. said.

"In other words, any delegate that I win in Iowa or New Hampshire would go instead to the president. And now they're trying to change it that if I campaign in New Hampshire that none of the votes cast for me in Georgia will count, and that's significant because it's hard to win the nomination without Georgia."

Edited by impulse

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

He may be a troll, but he's our troll.   I don't subscribe to the conclusions or analysis of either of these links.  But that's where you need to go to see RFK Jr's claims.  The MSM is  silent on the issue...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rfk-jr-campaign-accuses-dnc-being-undemocratic-demands-assurances-every-dems-vote-counts

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-09-08-rfkjr-democrats-rigged-nomination-biden-excluding-everyone.html

The gist:

"Two of the things today is they've moved the Iowa primary, they've made rules that if anybody campaigns in Iowa or sets foot, any candidate sets foot in the state of Iowa or steps foot in the state of New Hampshire, then none of the votes that are cast for that candidate will be tallied," RFK Jr. said.

"In other words, any delegate that I win in Iowa or New Hampshire would go instead to the president. And now they're trying to change it that if I campaign in New Hampshire that none of the votes cast for me in Georgia will count, and that's significant because it's hard to win the nomination without Georgia."

Not our troll.

Your troll maybe.

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2023 at 9:59 AM, MrMojoRisin said:

You need to sit a medical assessment and driving or riding assessment to keep your licence after a certain age.

Public office should be the same as driving licences - prove your fitness after a certain age.

Pelosi, Feinstein, McConnel, Biden and Trump should all be in a nursing home not running the country into the ground.

I wouldn't got that far, but I do advocate that the retirement age for ALL politicians worldwide should be the retirement age in that country.

If you are still serving on your 65th (for example) birthday you must resign and bear the FULL cost of the by election from your own funds with nothing from the government.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I wouldn't got that far, but I do advocate that the retirement age for ALL politicians worldwide should be the retirement age in that country.

If you are still serving on your 65th (for example) birthday you must resign and bear the FULL cost of the by election from your own funds with nothing from the government.

I disagree. Mature, experienced and capable men and women can and have been invaluable assets and leaders for countries and institutions. I am for independent medical experts to regularly and fully evaluate those holding critical jobs in government, after normal retirement age .

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tug said:

That was in the hait asbury area lots of drugs but generally not so hard as today I’ve spent time in the city in the early 70s and in 2007 through 2019 made lots of money but then I’m not a tweaker there are definitely some seedy areas that beeing said you would be mistaken to assume the whole city is like that

Why don't you try going back in 2023? Huge number of major run down, filthy, dangerous neighborhoods getting worse by the month. A lot of things were much better in 2019 in most places. Of course. 

• Thanks 2

On 9/10/2023 at 7:24 AM, impulse said:

Bernie, I like.  Though I disagree with him a lot.

Here is the right wing version of virtue-signaling. What does it even mean to say "Bernie, I like. Though I disagree with him a lot". Why should anyone care about your alleged feelings? There's nothing substantive there at all.

An even more extreme example is another very clueless poster who used to chortle about how Trump had appointed right wing members to the Supreme Court but claimed he would have voted for Bernie were he running. Same class of nonsense.

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 2