Pol Gen Torsak tipped to be new national police chief

snoop1130

torsak-600x364.png

In a move, described as a win-win, deputy police commissioner Pol Gen Roy Ingkapairote will be appointed National Security Council (NSC) chief, paving the way for Pol Gen Torsak Sukvimol to become the new police commissioner, an informed source said today (Monday).

Both Roy, the most senior deputy commissioner of the four, and Torsak, the second most senior, will reach their retirement age next September.

If either of them is promoted to the top police post, replacing Pol Gen Damrongsak Kittipraphat who is due to retire at the end of this month, one of them will retire as the deputy commissioner.

Caption: Deputy Police Commissioner Pol Gen Torsak Sukvimol

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pol-gen-roy-tipped-to-be-new-national-police-chief/

-- Thai PBS 2023-09-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

50 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Many myself included had expected that BJ was the fav for the job. 

Maybe there will Not Be Any Overhaul of visa requirements either, that so many stressing about.

It may well be tougher for the dodgy applicants that has been a long time coming. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

My Mrs keeps telling me of serious goings on relating to police here and many being removed and a few shot... involving quite senior members of the force. I haven't read much of it in English news. 

I can give her two names I'd like to see on the shooting list.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So sorting out the pension funds rather than who is most capable of doing the job?

And getting a chance to sit in the top chair before etirement regardless of capabilities and past track record is a priority.

Ensuring the brotherhood is protected etc., is more important.  

• Like 1

Anyone has got to be better than the joke. At least with the other guys, you know where they stand. On the side of corruption. With the joke, he had alot of people convinced he was a straight cop, which we all know would be impossible for the top dog in a pyramid scheme.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2