Silent film chaos: Man attacks transwomen at mall theater for shushing

webfact

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

If this story were slightly different and instead of two trans-people (see what I did there !), it were two Westerners... 

... Would we have posters suggesting the attack only occurred because the two victims were Westerners ? :whistling:

No but it definitely would have been reported that they were foreign.

Also stop lying. Nobody said it was because they were trans.

I said it might have aggravated it and I stand by that.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A guy like that is going to attack anyone....  if its girls or boys....   the only time an utterl ayhole like this would not attack someone when triggered is if that person (or two people) are significantly larger in size or in a larger group.

If this were two guys (smaller or similar size) the ayhole would have attacked them. 

If this were two girls, the ayhole would have attacked them. 

This is just a story of an utter ayhole attacking someone who triggered him. 

I'm not so sure.

Trans Women in Thailand (Ladyboys) do tend to have a certain "way" about them, especially when there is more than one of them together. It is quite possible that the way they asked the guy to be quiet was different to the way a biological female might ask them. It also may have affected the way he reacted to them compared to let's say a young pretty biological female doing the same thing.

I think it's relevant to the story, it certainly gives me a better idea of what happened.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Reporting them as trans men would have been incredibly stupid. 

Why? It makes sense to me. They're men who are in a trans state.

Similar to ladyboy. They are boy/male, but act like a lady.

We don't call them 'man ladies.' That would be stupid an akin to 'trans women'

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

If they have a penis they ARE men - end of story. You want to put a dress on then fine, wear one, I'd fully support you doing it. But you trying to tell me that my understanding of the biological difference between men and women should be changed because one day a man wants to be called a women,then you can one ! Gender dismorphia is real, but that does not mean your sense of reality is rightfully changing the biological truth of your own body !

Biology is not tolerance - its reality !

So you think they should have reported as men. They had to say something in the article. I think most people seeing their picture would think another term should have been used though. So agree to disagree.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I think it's relevant to the story, it certainly gives me a better idea of what happened.

Not at all.

The only significance is that he didn't violently attack actual real women (females), which society strongly believes is bad.

I think the article points out the trans thing to highlight the fact that he attacked biological men, which is generally considered a lesser offence by society.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If this story were slightly different and instead of two trans-people (see what I did there !), it were two Westerners... 

... Would we have posters suggesting the attack only occurred because the two victims were Westerners ? :whistling:

No, but let's say the story was that 2 very large foreign females (named Skylar and Tanner) from Nashville USA who were heavily tattooed had asked him to be quiet, I would want to know that information because it gives me some insight into the reaction of the Thai guy.

It doesn't mean I blame them. I just think it's relevant to the story. It adds perspective compared to if it was a local Thai woman. Of course it "shouldn't" change his reaction, but it would be quite possible that it did.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

Not at all.

The only significance is that he didn't violently attack actual real women (females), which society strongly believes is bad.

I think the article points out the trans thing to highlight the fact that he attacked biological men, which is generally considered a lesser offence by society.

Nah.

Again they needed to say men, women, or something else.

They understandably went with something else as that fit the situation best.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Not at all.

Either way, it is relevant to the story and therefore correct that it was mentioned.

Actually from the picture it looks like a Tom and her girlfriend, but the potential mis-reporting is another subject.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Trans women. If you don't know what that means, look it up. Many don't seem to get such basic things.

I have very little interest in other peoples gender, sexuality or the clothes they wear or what they call themselves or what letter they are or whether they are curious about anything or not. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

I have very little interest in other peoples gender, sexuality or the clothes they wear or what they call themselves or what letter they are or whether they are curious about anything or not. 

But you're posting here on that topic. 

Velly interesting. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

No, but let's say the story was that 2 very large foreign females (named Skylar and Tanner) from Nashville USA who were heavily tattooed had asked him to be quiet, I would want to know that information because it gives me some insight into the reaction of the Thai guy.

It doesn't mean I blame them. I just think it's relevant to the story. It adds perspective compared to if it was a local Thai woman. Of course it "shouldn't" change his reaction, but it would be quite possible that it did.

IF it were 2 very large 'anyones' he wouldn't have reacted !!!.... 

So while, knowing such information can allow us to make our own interpretation of any possible underlying reasons for an attack...  it also generates a 'red-herring' where people can jump on a bandwagon and shoe-horn the issue into something else to suit their agenda..... 

These two were not attacked becasue they were trans... they were attacked because they caused an unhinged d-head to lose face. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF it were 2 very large 'anyones' he wouldn't have reacted !!!....

So while, knowing such information can allow us to make our own interpretation of any possible underlying reasons for an attack...  it also generates a 'red-herring' where people can jump on a bandwagon and shoe-horn the issue into something else to suit their agenda..... 

These two were not attacked becasue they were trans... they were attacked because they caused an unhinged d-head to lose face. 

When I said "large" I actually meant "fat". I was doing my best to be PC but unfortunately that leads to having to use inaccurate language.

I don't think we can really conclude his reasons, only he knows that. Maybe a combination of a few things, although having had a few conversations with Thai ladyboys I don't believe it's beyond the realms of possibility that they "may" have been less than polite/discreet in their request for him to stop talking. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

When I said "large" I actually meant "fat". I was doing my best to be PC but unfortunately that leads to having to use inaccurate language.

I don't think we can really conclude his reasons, only he knows that. Maybe a combination of a few things, although having had a few conversations with Thai ladyboys I don't believe it's beyond the realms of possibility that they "may" have been less than polite/discreet in their request for him to stop talking. 

Where did you speak with those ladyboys and what work did they do ?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Where did you speak with those ladyboys and what work did they do ?

I've been here 17 years so I've come across quite a few. Some I worked with (manufacturing), some were friends of friends, some serve me in restaurants/711, some in the bar areas.

Why?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I've been here 17 years so I've come across quite a few. Some I worked with (manufacturing), some were friends of friends, some serve me in restaurants/711, some in the bar areas.

Why?

People who work in the sex industry are usually more brash and direct and vociferous , rather than those who don't work in the sex industry 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

People who work in the sex industry are usually more brash and direct and vociferous , rather than those who don't work in the sex industry 

True. But as you can see from my post, many of them were not involved in the sex industry. Not all transgenders are sex workers you know?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1