When you're old & lonely

georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

When your old and lonely what? The subject title is incomplete.

If you are, should you return to your home country? There is not much 'love' from Thai women these days. They all have a 'get rich quick in 30 minutes' mentality. The times when there was a 'girlfriend experience' available are long over. I have been single for almost three years now, and I'm not confident to find anything besides golddiggers here anymore. So, Thailand as a place is easily replacable. I guess, others who are lonely here think alike.

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make Tranny old chap,

I have a wife I find attractive, kids that are well behaved, a nice home, decent pension, pets.

Never really wanted much else, happy enough listening to music, reading a book or watching TV when on my own.

Had a nice 25Km cycle ride and coffee with a pal this morning, great weather as usual.

What more does any elderly guy need in his retirement?

What more could any old chap expect?

I was referring to your UK life.............????

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

They say Philippines is different as far as looking for a lady that cares ,that's another topic though 

Some places the girls will be different .   But the guy hoping to attract one will still be the same  ????

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

As long as you pay the full price, otherwise how do they make money

and i do....as it also for inventory as the water is free but the cup costs $$$

I do this with starbucks as i bought a 2nd hand SB travel mug and I ask for hot water and offer to pay but they give me free water as their teas suck

• Like 1

I'm old but never lonely I don't go out as much as I used to, I go down the beach a few times a week early morning have a walk around with my wife and she takes me out a couple of times a week to have a couple of beers and some snacks, everybody happy,

I've got lots of friends and family all Thai, I like it that way.

Do a bit of shopping at the weekends, Central and Makro, stop at Amazon for a coffee, 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NextG said:

I am also one of those people who takes his own food to an eating place. But I still pay the full price. It’s not about the money, I just like good food. 

That's weird, most would agree on that, same as taking your own beer to a bar, or coffee and pastries to a coffee shop

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's weird, most would agree on that, same as taking your own beer to a bar, or coffee and pastries to a coffee shop

Not the same at all, silly. You just lack imagination. 
Have you ever been to an outdoor Moo krata? You pay an all in one price, but a lot of the ‘meat’ is of poor quality or simply unidentifiable. So I take my own and enjoy the experience much more. Tasty outdoor barbecue experience. I enjoy it so much that I leave a generous tip…. with sometimes the staff joking that I should come back very soon. But usually the staff exhibiting their gratitude animatedly. There is more to life than just in your imagination. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

he misses his weekly Bingo in Australia and his Lawn bowls 

If this is ever me, please put to gun at the base of my skull and take me out, execution-style.

-Or....or have I wandered amiss of the true spirit of Are You OK-Day?

When you get older, you get more solitary. You have to build inner resiliency for that.

And have a plan to be less lonely. Pot bars are good for me. As a non -judgmental, non-sex creepy boomer, my knowledge of the classic rock era is actually a help, not a hinderance. They like Pink Floyd but never heard of Steely Dan? Let's YouTube that up. Traffic in an 18 minute jam is also popular.

We need to hear more about the bookstore cafe owner who survived through Covid instead of Mr Mope. Is he OK? Please ask on my behalf.