Amazing iPhone 15

Celsius

18 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Honestly an over the hill pensioner with nothing to do but play on words and stir up the brothers here in Asean, get real.....dont judge people by your particular low standards, I want and I can afford there for I will buy, and WE understand that the approx 30,000k iPhone is a 60hz with slow charging where the Pro range is 120hz and is fast charging capable.....for some one who is so uptight about phone specks cannot understand why you run around with an old Chinese tracking device in your pocket....

He's hi-so...........????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I just turned 50

Lack of entertainment living there in the middle of the rice fields that do look lovely around this time of year?

Mate if you are like this at 50 you would have been unbearable at 30 and wont have any friends by the time your 65, and I do pity the mrs, lucky there is a language barrier hey?

By the way time to off load that old Chinese tracking device you carry around, the Koreans are known for making phones since you have an aversion to Apple...

Just now, AlexRRR said:

Give the mrs a big surprise tonight and take her out to dinner then pop into a Samsung store...spend some of that money fella, as it spreads it brings love to all....

She's waiting for Ultra 24..... and she's paying for it!

Just now, Screaming said:

I remember many years ago when the young bald cult followers were strumming their drum and singing to the master in the airports. They are gone now but the Apple cultists have taken their place.

apple-cult.jpg

Which one is you....?  ????

15 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

I want and I can afford there for I will buy, and WE understand that the approx 30,000k iPhone is a 60hz with slow charging where the Pro range is 120hz and is fast charging capable....

You have been misinformed. All iPhone 15s are capable of fast charging with the correct cable and power supply

Both models

• Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
  • MagSafe wireless charging up to 15W15
  • Qi wireless charging up to 7.5W15
  • Fast-charge capable:
    Up to 50% charge in around 30 minutes16 with 20W adapter or higher (available separately)

e 15 Pro Max, has a fast-charging ceiling of 20W (20 watts).

However the supplied cable may, or may not, be capable of fast charging. The power delivery is likely higher than Apple specs and is likely to be 27W max, so if using an Apple charger get a 30W or higher.

BUT don’t fast charge unless you really need to as your battery life WILL be shorter.

NOTE all wireless charging is slower than using a cable but like fast charging with a cable using a 15W wireless charger will heat the phone so reducing battery life.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You have been misinformed. All iPhone 15s are capable of fast charging with the correct cable and power supply

However the supplied cable may, or may not, be capable of fast charging. The power delivery is likely higher than Apple specs and is likely to be 27W max, so if using an Apple charger get a 30W or higher.

BUT don’t fast charge unless you really need to as your battery life WILL be shorter.

NOTE all wireless charging is slower than using a cable but like fast charging with a cable using a 15W wireless charger will heat the phone so reducing battery life.

Can only go on what we are told by the tubers who were at the Apple event recently, they ALL said the 15 does not support fast charging, the pro does if you buy the appropriate cable...I dont care it's not something I need or use, the 120hz is bullocks too I dont game on my phone or speed read that I need it, I am only interested in reliability and how good the camera is, dynamic island, the new pro side button for on off are just gimmicks but hey the frenzied fans out there need a reason to upgrade....oh and a lighter pro phone are the attractions...

6 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Can only go on what we are told by the tubers who were at the Apple event recently, they ALL said the 15 does not support fast charging,

Well it is Apple itself that is giving the information that all versions of the 15 generation support the same charging.

As to the camera, there is a significant difference between the 15 and the 15 pro (possibly the pro max maybe different from the pro)

here is a video that may help.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

I now have the new 15 pro, not excited but so happy about the weight, can walk around now without my shorts on one side being pulled below my knee, that was the only reason I decided to upgrade from 13 pro max, $AU2000 was hard to take, was fine when I was working upgraded every two years and wrote it off at tax time, last two phones haven't been subsidised hehehe so I guess this one will need to hang around for 5 ys...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2023 at 5:49 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

Well it is Apple itself that is giving the information that all versions of the 15 generation support the same charging.

As to the camera, there is a significant difference between the 15 and the 15 pro (possibly the pro max maybe different from the pro)

Interesting video.

Someone in the comments section mentioned that reviewed Samsung was not updated with the latest software which greatly improves the camera.

At this point in time you can get S23 Ultra for around 33,000 baht, so it is significantly cheaper.

I think note is an excellent high end phone, and I absolutely love the pen which is really convenient when taking photographs. But apple has better design and feels better in your hands, that is for sure.

On 9/22/2023 at 1:49 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

The CANON EOS 5D MARK IV is a DSLR for professional use.

Its 30.4 MP - so all this nonsense of 200 MP seems, well, just like nonsese... its marketing and who has the 'biggest number' gets to win 'top trumps'....

Admittedly, according to reviews, historically, Samsung's photography is better than Apples - BUT... IF someone is really caring about these numbers - aren't they better off getting the stardard version (of whichever phone they are choosing) and purchasing a decent camera.

Very good camera's can be bought for $200 that surpass the quality of any phone. 

While phone's are a good 'Jack of all trades'...    they are not 'cameras'...  this camera 'one-up-man-ship' seems a little ridiculous to me, especially when the vast majority of users are going to 'point and shot'... and then look at the result on... yup, a 6" or 7" screen....

Edited by richard_smith237

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The CANON EOS 5D MARK IV is a DSLR for professional use.

Its 30.4 MP - so all this nonsense of 200 MP seems, well, just like nonsese... its marketing and who has the 'biggest number' gets to win 'top trumps'....

Admittedly, according to reviews, historically, Samsung's photography is better than Apples - BUT... IF someone is really caring about these numbers - aren't they better off getting the stardard version (of whichever phone they are choosing) and purchasing a decent camera.

Very good camera's can be bought for $200 that surpass the quality of any phone. 

While phone's are a good 'Jack of all trades'...    they are not 'cameras'...  this camera 'one-up-man-ship' seems a little ridiculous to me, especially when the vast majority of users are going to 'point and shot'... and then look at the result on... yup, a 6" or 7" screen....

Some correct information some not so much.

the 200MP isn’t “just marketing” it is real and can be used, the vast majority of photos don’t or can’t use it. But it can be used (you will need a large amount of storage if you do use it).

if you watched the video you would see that sometimes the S30 Ultra was better sometimes not and it depends on your requirements but in the reviewers opinion the 15 pro max was better for the things he used cameras for, your usage your choice.

As to Samsung being better at photography than apple sometimes for somethings yes, sometimes for somethings no, and both companies are putting R&D into the subject.

While phone's are a good 'Jack of all trades'...    they are not 'cameras'... 

totally subjective and there are enough examples of them being used as cameras beating the opposition to show that you are wrong.

There are many people who are not good at photography and whatever they have won’t be great. There are enough examples of talented photographers using the phones to show that they are good cameras.

Back to the subject of megapixels, a 200MP phone sensor may well be beaten by 30MP DSLR using a 35mm sensor and that will be beaten by a  (56.73mm diagonal) sensor with appropriate lenses and that will be beaten by a 140mmX120mm one.

in general the larger the sensor the more accurate the pixels render the image.

So you may choose to carry a DSLR but it isn’t better than a good phone camera if it is not there, and isn’t better if the phone camera it being used by a more talented photographer.

• Like 1

iPhone 15 Pro's overheating issues can't be resolved without dialing down performance apparently.

Many users and reviewers have noticed that the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max have a tendency to get hot quickly. And this doesn't just happen when you are pushing the phones to their limits. Even tasks that are not resource intensive, such as using social media apps or chat apps, make the phones toasty. An analyst thinks this is happening because of the Pro line's lighter design.

Link

On 9/13/2023 at 3:43 PM, gargamon said:

My Samsung Android phone has the state of the art USB-c port. Pretty much been the standard for years for everything other than Apple. I guess Apple figured they've already fleeced their users by making them buy the proprietary lightning cables. 

Apple was forced by the EU to change to the USB-C standard - not for the Apple's love of their users!

But is it 100% compatible with ALL USB-C cables? A little bird whispered that its not - but needs confirmation.

Article

2 hours ago, ravip said:

Apple was forced by the EU to change to the USB-C standard - not for the Apple's love of their users!

But is it 100% compatible with ALL USB-C cables? A little bird whispered that its not - but needs confirmation.

Article

The change o USB C was in all probability accelerated by the eu rules but that change was already ongoing, the iPad Pro USB C predated the EU rule change by years so he changes were going to happen and the EU is a convenient excuse to do it sooner than later.

as to any device being 100% compatible with ALL USB-C cables? No none of them are. There are many different USB-C cables with many different specifications, so what do you mean by “100% compatible”? All the cables will fit, most if not all will charge. But high speed charging is different as is high speed data transfer 

1 minute ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The change o USB C was in all probability accelerated by the eu rules but that change was already ongoing, the iPad Pro USB C predated the EU rule change by years so he changes were going to happen and the EU is a convenient excuse to do it sooner than later.

as to any device being 100% compatible with ALL USB-C cables? No none of them are. There are many different USB-C cables with many different specifications, so what do you mean by “100% compatible”? All the cables will fit, most if not all will charge. But high speed charging is different as is high speed data transfer 

so what do you mean by “100% compatible”? All the cables will fit, most if not all will charge. But high speed charging is different as is high speed data transfer

Not fast charging, no high speed data transfer is acceptable, as long as the cable does not brick the devices connected.

3 hours ago, ravip said:

so what do you mean by “100% compatible”? All the cables will fit, most if not all will charge. But high speed charging is different as is high speed data transfer

Not fast charging, no high speed data transfer is acceptable, as long as the cable does not brick the devices connected.

There is no suggestion by any reputable authority that any reasonable quality cable from any brand will brick any device, however you can buy no name ‘carp quality’ cable that is badly made that will brick any device.

However you can buy a charge only cable that will, by design not permit data transfer. It is quite likely that you may also be able to buy a data only cable, though that is even more special, and neither of those are at all common 

Apple devices are no different in those respects. It may be that you will need a rather special cable to get the ultimate 10Gbps that the phone is capable of. Incidentally that is the highest data transfer speed for any phone

10 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

There is no suggestion by any reputable authority that any reasonable quality cable from any brand will brick any device, however you can buy no name ‘carp quality’ cable that is badly made that will brick any device.

However you can buy a charge only cable that will, by design not permit data transfer. It is quite likely that you may also be able to buy a data only cable, though that is even more special, and neither of those are at all common 

Apple devices are no different in those respects. It may be that you will need a rather special cable to get the ultimate 10Gbps that the phone is capable of. Incidentally that is the highest data transfer speed for any phone

Yes. In short, you don't have to worry about the varying number of pins in different USB-C cables. As long as a cable is compliant with the USB-C standard, it can be used to charge the iPhone 15. 

The whole point of the European law that forced Apple to ditch the proprietary Lightning port for a USB Type-C connector is to enable people to use the same cable for a wide variety of devices.

As this is something new, I guess rumours will float around.