Getting into Thailand

Hi all

Back in 2021 i stayed bkk with tourist visa plus about 5 covid extensions.  

I left in 2022 with 4 day overstay and the  reapplied tourist visa and rentered via chiang mai and then bkk after 1 month back in uk.

Recent trip i got tourist + 30 days + 1 covid extension and left with 14 overstay(was hospitalied and needed to.opearte).

I entered bkk on 1st Feb 23 via TR and extended and left on 1st May.  

I then entered Bkk on 22nd June via TR and left on 13th Sept.  60TR + 30 day Ext

Iam planning to go end of October for a friends wedding.   What advice would be given to enter again for a month or so

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

back in the uk already.

You would have been out of Thailand for bit over a month when you return.

Some may suggest a visa exempt entry no issue.

Since you are wanting to stay "month or so" 

Thinking your best option is a eVisa tourist visa obtained while you are in UK.

Provides 60 day stay with option for 30 day extension. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pantsonfire said:

Iam planning to go end of October for a friends wedding.   What advice would be given to enter again for a month or so

Put your experience to good use and just apply for another tourist visa, which would give you wiggle room in case your "month or so" exceeds those 30 days you'd get visa exempt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

Hi all

Back in 2021 i stayed bkk with tourist visa plus about 5 covid extensions.  

I left in 2022 with 4 day overstay and the  reapplied tourist visa and rentered via chiang mai and then bkk after 1 month back in uk.

Recent trip i got tourist + 30 days + 1 covid extension and left with 14 overstay(was hospitalied and needed to.opearte).

I entered bkk on 1st Feb 23 via TR and extended and left on 1st May.  

I then entered Bkk on 22nd June via TR and left on 13th Sept.  60TR + 30 day Ext

Wait 2 years for divorce party

• Sad 4

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If  your current location facilitates eVisa them obtain a SETV..

18 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

back in the uk already.

So, yes, your current location allow you to apply for an eVisa (assuming the UK is your country of residence).

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pantsonfire said:

I got my 3rd TR now and will go to Bangkok after my trip to HK in 3 weeks time.  Concerned will i be denied entry even though i have my return ticket to UK.

Just reading some posts on facebook has me worried.

The thing about facebook posts is that there are a lot of people trying to come to Thailand claiming to be tourists who are not in fact tourists. They may be teaching without a work permit for example. If you have a plan for your holiday and a source of income to fund it (which the immigration officer at the airport may question you about) together with 3 essential things to show: 1) ticket back to home country) 2) hotel booking (one day was enough for me) and 3) 20,000 baht in cash, then you're highly unlikely to be denied entry. You may be pulled aside like I was and asked to fill in a form and wait an hour to speak to the senior immigration officer but if you're a genuine tourist there's nothing to worry about.

Edited by edwardandtubs

3 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

I got my 3rd TR now and will go to Bangkok after my trip to HK in 3 weeks time.  Concerned will i be denied entry even though i have my return ticket to UK.

Did you fully use the 60 days on the previous two tourist visas, and apply for the 30-day extensions? How long a gap was there between the 1st trip, second trip, and now the third trip? With the exception of these trips using the tourist visas, did you have other recent trips to Thailand as a tourist?

Depending on the answers to all these questions, it is possible (but thankfully unlikely) that the wrong official at Suvarnabhumi could decide you should not have been issued a visa and deny your entry. This is only a risk at certain airports as entry is only supposed to be denied pursuant to specific reasons given in Section 12 of the Immigration Act.

24 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Did you fully use the 60 days on the previous two tourist visas, and apply for the 30-day extensions? How long a gap was there between the 1st trip, second trip, and now the third trip? With the exception of these trips using the tourist visas, did you have other recent trips to Thailand as a tourist?

Depending on the answers to all these questions, it is possible (but thank fully unlikely) that the wrong official at Suvarnabhumi could decide you should not have been issued a visa and deny your entry. This is only a risk at certain airports as entry is only supposed to be denied pursuant to specific reasons given in Section 12 of the Immigration Act.

First time used 90 days.

Second time 87 days.

Period between all 3 TR around 6-7 weeks. 

No other previous entries into Thailand during this period

37 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

First time used 90 days.

Second time 87 days.

Period between all 3 TR around 6-7 weeks. 

No other previous entries into Thailand during this period

Should be OK, though you may face questioning.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

What FB posts have you worried? Any links?