Could you see yourself wearing a gold chain

bignok

I knew an old 150kg guy with a big gold chain around his neck. When he went out with a younger handsome guy the young guy was sure that all the girls would ignore his big friend. But the opposite happened. In most bars the girls went straight to the big guy with the big gold chain.

Personally, that would be no reason for me to wear such a chain. But it's still interesting to know.

• Haha 2

I've had two 1 Bt gold chains that I wore around my neck. First one I had a minor mc accident and some Thais assisted me, carried me off the road and into a temple. When I came to my gold chain was gone and my wallet as well. The second one was snatched from my neck by 2 Thais passing me on a mc. So that's it. I've learned my lesson. No more gold for me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wear no watch or any jewelry at all. 

Got one valuable watch in safe with my one baht gold chain. Never used since 2003 when bought in Dubai.

I never needed any bling bling ???? Media did a great job for me to reach attraction

The rap/hip-hop look isn't quite my style.  And "No."  In fact I don't wear jewelry at all.  And I gave up wedding bands after the third marriage.  Gold chain?  Even my wife won't wear one of those now that gold is about 32K THB per baht-weight of gold.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Got one valuable watch in safe with my one baht gold chain. Never used since 2003 when bought in Dubai.

Gold in 2003 ranged from $315 to $415, so a baht weight of Thai gold 97.5% would have been less than 157.50 to 207.50 USD as Thai gold isn't the same price as 99.999% fine gold.  "Valuable watch?"  Not quite in the same league as the dude wearing his "Dead Friend's Watches" 'eh?  :wink:  I'd have no problem wearing a $200 watch - if I wore a watch - which like jewelry, I don't.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bignok said:

Thais and Indians love them. Farangs not so much. Any Mr T fans?

The A-Team!  The only show on TV where there could be a 5 minute fire-fight with all sorts of guns - and nobody gets injured.  :thumbsup:

"I believe in the Golden Rule - The Man with the Gold... Rules."
Signed,
"Mister; Middle name: period; Last name T"

1597979209_Screenshotfrom2023-09-1510-37-08.png.c69342d57088290c6f278f513b114d7f.png

Edited by connda
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, connda said:

Gold in 2003 ranged from $315 to $415, so a baht weight of Thai gold 97.5% would have been less than 157.50 to 207.50 USD as Thai gold isn't the same price as 99.999% fine gold.  "Valuable watch?"  Not quite in the same league as the dude wearing his "Dead Friend's Watches" 'eh?  :wink:  I'd have no problem wearing a $200 watch - if I wore a watch - which like jewelry, I don't.

It wasnt to brag I posted obviously ???? I do not wear any jewelry since 2003. No rings, nothing. I do not like to wear, and my type of sports and also work made it risky to wear anything at all. 

My watch is a collectors item, and can if sold, live well for a year in Thailand. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, connda said:

The A-Team!  The only show on TV where there could be a 5 minute fire-fight with all sorts of guns - and nobody gets injured.  :thumbsup:

"I believe in the Golden Rule - The Man with the Gold... Rules."
Signed,
"Mister; Middle name: period; Last name T"

1597979209_Screenshotfrom2023-09-1510-37-08.png.c69342d57088290c6f278f513b114d7f.png

Earrings and chains look gay. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1