Hunter Biden indicted on three federal gun charges

Social Media

image.png

Prosecutors in Delaware brought three gun-related charges against Hunter Biden on Thursday, with a grand jury indicting the president’s son after special counsel David Weiss said he would pursue charges following the evaporation of a plea deal.

The court filings detail charges Hunter Biden would have entered a diversion program for under the failed plea agreement, charging him with failing to disclose drug use when seeking to buy a weapon — resulting in two charges — as well as for unlawful possession of a firearm while addicted to a controlled substance. 

The most serious charges carry up to 10 years in prison and up to $250,000 in fines.

The indictment does not list any tax crimes — a matter that also would have been covered by the agreement that would have had Biden plead guilty to two charges of willful failure to pay taxes.

Weiss, who is also the U.S. attorney for Delaware, was elevated to special counsel status in August, shortly after discussion around the plea agreement broke down, signaling he may instead seek to bring charges outside the state.

Weiss suggested those charges could come in D.C. or California — two venues where IRS agents who spoke to Congress about the investigation claimed they found the stronger evidence of tax crimes. 

FULL STORY

THEHILL-250.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Longwood50 said:

Oh so your logic is that since others have done it, that it is ok.  It is true that on many forms people have lied.  Those lies have not been discovered. 

The same is true for Trump and his tax returns.  Assuming Trump falsified items on his tax returns does not exonerate him because others have similarly lied.  Try some common sense sometime. 

I was told that Hunters teeth were a result of Meth usage.  Since your reply I checked and determined that the similar decaying teeth can result from crack cocaine so I stand corrected. 

What Hunter Biden left OUT of his 'tell-all' memoir revealed | Daily Mail  Online

You were told? Is credible your middle name today?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Tug

The man was discharged from the military for drug use.  The law in an attempt to keep firearms out of the hands of people who may be a danger specifically requires a purchaser to attest to not being addicted to drugs.  That is making a false statement to the US Government.  A crime.  that is not maganites out for blood it is called equal treatment under the law.  Simple as that. 

Now of the charges against Hunter I think the gun purchase is the least significant.  His punishment if found guilty should not be any harsher or more lenient than others who have been found guilty of a similar offense.  The Form as I understand it has been amended to remove marijuana as a disqualifying drug but not the meth and cocaine that Hunters own pictures show he was clearly using. 

image.png.d63daefa03a17b4392c548ce9bba79e3.png

I have absolutely no issue with Hunter Biden being prosecuted under indictments handed down by a Grand Jury.

The indictments are in, prosecute and let a jury decide.

However, let’s separate indictments handed down by Grand Juries from this crock of nonsense:

“….. the meth and cocaine that Hunters own pictures show he was clearly using.

Come on back to the rational world before it’s too late.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

Federal appeals court strikes down law prohibiting users of illegal drugs from possessing firearms

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/09/politics/appeals-court-firearms-illegal-drug-users/index.html

Indictment

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23977714-hunter-biden-indictment

Three counts, two for making false statements, one possession of a firearm while being an addict.

Now tell me how other similar cases are charged and adjudicated? And let's make sure Hunter gets similar treatment.

While being an addict? I can play that game as well. At least "Hunter " never shot somebody like another famous coke addict.

• Haha 2

Just now, Longwood50 said:

I am not sure I understand exactly your point.  You are differentiating an indictment handed down from a prosecutor versus one from a grand jury?   In 1985, Sol Wachtler, then the chief justice of New York's Supreme Court said, “

Now lets be clear. both of the prosecutions the one against Hunter and the ones against Trump are biased and are a form of political persecution.  Neither would in all liklihood been targeted for indictment if it was not for politics.  The same is true of Genral Flynn, Michael Cohen the FBI surveillance of Carter Page. 

With that said irrespective of how the indictment started. It is irrefutable that Hunter Biden purchased a gun, was a drug user and lied on his 4473 form.  You can argue that his indictment was poltically motivated but you can't say that there was no basis for it irrespective of whether it came from the government directly or through a grand jury process. 

Sol Wachtler quote: A grand jury would 'indict a ham sandwich,' if that's...

Oh look, more deep state stuff. Of course, never ever been a credible accusation of a rigged grand jury. Never let that stop a good conspiracy theory.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Oh look, more deep state stuff. Of course, never ever been a credible accusation of a rigged grand jury. Never let that stop a good conspiracy theory.

First off he didn't say it was rigged. He said a good prosecutor could persuade a Grand Jury to get an indictment if that is what the prosecutor was seeking.  

Also do you know what the Dunning Krueger Syndrome.  That is when someone holds themselves out to be an expert in a field that they know little to nothing about. 

Now Sol Watchler was the Chief Justice of the New York Supreme Court.  Now I know this will come as a shock to you but given his background I have more than a slightly greater prejudice to believe his opinions on the grand jury process and its accuracy than yours. 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

First off he didn't say it was rigged. He said a good prosecutor could persuade a Grand Jury to get an indictment if that is what the prosecutor was seeking.  

Also do you know what the Dunning Krueger Syndrome.  That is when someone holds themselves out to be an expert in a field that they know little to nothing about. 

Now Sol Watchler was the Chief Justice of the New York Supreme Court.  Now I know this will come as a shock to you but given his background I have more than a slightly greater prejudice to believe his opinions on the grand jury process and its accuracy than yours.

"a good prosecutor could persuade a Grand Jury "

I hate to break it to you but that's their job

• Haha 2