Great AC warranty service

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm wondering if Daikin is as good as everyone says, I've heard of other people having problems

Couldn't tell you about the service side as my Daikens have been working flawlessly with regular cleans for years.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm wondering if Daikin is as good as everyone says, I've heard of other people having problems

Maybe tell us about the brands that never have had a problem, and I don't mean the one hanging in your room, but from all they have sold in Thailand

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure Daikin trained the people who worked at my place. And I assume they will train all their technicians. 

Daikin's core business is aircons, so if they can stay in business after all those years, that mean they must do something right.

Not like all those other brands, that make TV's, video recorders and microwaves and also aircons, so if one of their products is pure crap, they still stay in business because their myriad of other products covers for it.

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

Daikin's core business is aircons, so if they can stay in business after all those years, that mean they must do something right.

Not like all those other brands, that make TV's, video recorders and microwaves and also aircons, so if one of their products is pure crap, they still stay in business because their myriad of other products covers for it.

Some companies, like Siemens, produce lots of different things. If they have well trained people for product A, then it is likely that they also have well trained people for product B - at least that is what I think.

But there is a big "but" for some products from some companies. I.e. many computer companies have professional products for business use and consumer products.

Professional products may have great quality, warranty, spare part supply, etc. And consumer products, from the same company, have bad support.

Obviously, consumer products are also cheaper. The customer must be aware what he buys. 

Had a Mitsubishi installed a couple of months ago and it kept leaking refrigerant.  Guy came back two additional times and didn't fix it.  Made them send a new guy who was true professional and had everything fixed in a few minutes.  He even waited the 30 minutes to make sure the pressure didn't drop.

• Like 1

I don't want an inverter AC. The compressor is always on.

A simple on/off type has less electronics and not near a hot , vibrating compressor.

So Onemorefarang has 4 compressors , even idling , that is at least 4 x 350 W = 1.4KW .

39 minutes ago, FlorC said:

A simple on/off type has less electronics and not near a hot , vibrating compressor.

So Onemorefarang has 4 compressors , even idling , that is at least 4 x 350 W = 1.4KW .

No

Inverter ACs use less electricity exactly because they do not just switch on and off all the time. Because that abrupt on is what uses a lot of power.

The idea about the electronics is to control everything, tell the AC to power up when that is needed and idle when not needed.

I have a current clamp meter; in the next days I will measure how much current they draw when the temperature is set. I will report here.

4 minutes ago, sungod said:

Not if he turns them off when not using them........

I measured already some situations:

All ACs on with temperature set to 18 degrees: total 24A, about 5,280W.

All ACs off, they still use 0.6A all together, about 130W. Because obviously there is some electronic working to be ready to receive commands per remote or WLAN, etc. I was surprised that it is so much.

I measured that right after turning them off with the remotes. It might be that they go to sleep mode after a while and use less power. I will check it another time. 

• Like 1

I was looking around in the specs and it said 300 -350 W minimal depending on how big (BTU).

Like now , my regular AC goes full power for 5 minutes and then quiet (off) for 20 minutes. 

Say at night when it is cooler , mine switches off ,while inverter types will keep turning at minimal until you switch them completely off.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2023 at 2:24 PM, FlorC said:

Since I replaced my aircons with inverter types my monthly electricity bill has dropped 50%. The start and stop of the old compressor uses high electricity. And the old compressor types always run on 100% when on, the new ones only with a percentage of the power (but nonstop), you can barely hear any sound. In fact they are so quiet that sometimes I even forget to swith the units off before leaving my home.

Edited by msbkk
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 5:12 AM, sungod said:

as my Daikens

On 9/15/2023 at 6:46 AM, sungod said:

this one is for Daiken

On 9/15/2023 at 7:46 AM, sungod said:

by Daiken

I had good experience with Mitsubeshi service over the years. Much better than the Sansum I used before. But all the manuals are in chinese for some reason. ????‍♂️

28 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

I had good experience with Mitsubeshi service over the years. Much better than the Sansum I used before. But all the manuals are in chinese for some reason. ????‍♂️

Sorry, dont recognise these brands, have you wrote this post in Chinese too?

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

When I bought my Daikin ACs in Thailand I could only find Thai manuals. I looked at websites from the same company in countries nearby but they didn't offer the model AC which I bought.

Sometime later, Daikin renamed the ACs. The model numbers are the same but the model name is different, and now they have also English manuals.

1 hour ago, msbkk said:

Since I replaced my aircons with inverter types my monthly electricity bill has dropped 50%. The start and stop of the old compressor uses high electricity. And the old compressor types always run on 100% when on, the new ones only with a percentage of the power (but nonstop), you can barely hear any sound. In fact they are so quiet that sometimes I even forget to swith the units off before leaving my home.

It seems the power consumption is even more optimized on new models. When I switched on my ACs it takes more than a minute before any cold air blows outside. I spoke with the technicians and they told me this can take up to 3 minutes. To be fair, there is a "power" button which I could press. I guess the idea is to start slowly and consume less power in the startup process. 

Once they run, it doesn't take long before the rooms are cool.

22 hours ago, msbkk said:

Starting is what , 5-10 seconds of current surge , stopping doesn't cost any power. The relay just cuts off.

Quiet maybe , but it keeps turning , and you forget it is on, or use the timer.

43 minutes ago, FlorC said:

Starting is what , 5-10 seconds of current surge , stopping doesn't cost any power. The relay just cuts off.

Quiet maybe , but it keeps turning , and you forget it is on, or use the timer.

The fact is that I save around 50% per months despite being more at home and using the aircons most time of the day.  It is also a question of efficiency

of inverters.

8 minutes ago, msbkk said:

The fact is that I save around 50% per months despite being more at home and using the aircons most time of the day.  It is also a question of efficiency

of inverters.

Do they maintain the temperature you choose? have you measured it? or do they overshoot by a couple of degrees then on again eventually to lower it back down?

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Do they maintain the temperature you choose? have you measured it? or do they overshoot by a couple of degrees then on again eventually to lower it back down?

Temperature is much more stable and not fluctuating so much like a non-converter.  

Edited by msbkk
  • Like 1