Thai PM says he opposes the recreational use of cannabis

webfact

9 hours ago, Poseidon said:

So after allowing many thais to buy the drug legally they are going to remove the legal supply. t

This will mean thais who are most likely addicted will buy it illegally welcoming in drug dealers and gangs. Brilliant move. Well thought out this one 

Hang about, for the last year or so all the potheads on this forum have been claiming that cannabis is entirely harmless as it is not at all addictive!

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Shocked farang said:

I think that pot & alcohol just cannot be compared. All the latest medical research points to alcohol simply destroying completely someones liver (plus many other negative consequences). Pot is a completely different animal. 

Yes, Pot destroys your brain, do you smoke dope........?.........:whistling:...............????

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

And do you send the ~ 4,000 people who were released from prison back to prison who were convicted of cannabis related crimes?

And do you reimburse the thousands of people who invested in the cannabis business? 

And do you burden the already overwhelmed police force with enforcing what is now, again, a crime?

There are many, many more serious public health challenges, and many, many more serious drug problems (Meth) and crime to be focused on.

7 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

I think that pot & alcohol just cannot be compared. All the latest medical research points to alcohol simply destroying completely someones liver (plus many other negative consequences). Pot is a completely different animal. 

Deflection.

Alcohol is worse, let’s solve that first.

Tobacco is worse, let’s solve that first.

Washing Machines break, let’s solve that first.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

That infographic contains incorrect information. 

Only extracts with more than 0.2% THC are illegal, as they are still on the narcotics list.

You can grow and possess flower with any THC content. Source: the Thai ministry that gave us a commercial grow and sales licenses. 

The infographic IS correct.

It’s also the same advice given by US Government to it’s citizens visiting Thailand.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Peabody said:

2 wrongs don't make a ...

This is where the ambiguity comes in. The infographic and US Government define the law, how it is being interpreted is different.

This can be a bad thing for stoners, because the government can argue that THC greater than 0.2% in flower is already banned and then it’s game over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

The infographic and US Government define the law, how it is being interpreted is different.

US can't define anything here.

Neither can an incorrect infographic.

Jesus Christ, why don't you ask the guy who actually has a government license to grow and sell?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Peabody said:

US can't define anything here.

Neither can an incorrect infographic.

Jesus Christ, why don't you ask the guy who actually has a government license to grow and sell?

I have. My friend has a huge cannabis farm in Chiang Rai, the infographic released by THE THAI GOVERNMENT is correct, but it’s being overlooked, currently.

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

The infographic IS correct.

It’s also the same advice given by US Government to it’s citizens visiting Thailand.

No it isn’t. 

Source: the Thai government ministry that gave us the commercial growing and sales licenses for flower. ????‍♂️ 

59 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

No it isn’t. 

Source: the Thai government ministry that gave us the commercial growing and sales licenses for flower. ????‍♂️ 

Does your licence specify THC percentage? According to the law you can grow and sell flower with less than 0.2% THC.

Equally, if Srettha says the licences are being interpreted incorrectly, they don’t need to change the law, only change how you interpret it.

3 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

yes it destroys your brain and lungs both of which wont heal like the liver 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

Nonsense I have been drinking alcohol since I was 15 now, I am 76 I still drink my few glasses of wine every day, had a blood test last week and there is nothing wrong with my liver 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

And just like that he lost every eligible voters vote and support who's into smoking cannabis as well as everyone who makes a living with cannabis products. Smart move - not! 

Srettha's name was not in the ballots, so I don't think he really cares about voters support. Interestingly, Pita also openly opposed recreational use of marijuana (a u-turn from his position years before), but no one told him he would lose voters and that he is not smart.  Go figure.

What JBCR and TransAm (who are frequent critics) and the others miss is the geo-political actuality..

As I have already posted in another thread, Germany will legalize recreational use by the end of this year. Guaranteed. Done deal. Big news for Europe, where Germany is very influential.

In USA, Cannabis has already been recommended to be rescheduled by the FDA, who have passed on the recommendation to DEA, who answer to FDA. Safe Banking Act will allow cannabis business the same access to banking and ability to write off expenses against income that all other legitimate business have..

These anti-cannabinates are simply the result of many years of moralistic propaganda, which is to be expected.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, bobbin said:

These anti-cannabinates are simply the result of many years of moralistic propaganda, which is to be expected.

I am against legalizing recreational use of cannabis but not through ignorance.

Most users see their experience as a bubble, how it affects them, their lives, their friends, their relationships and work, and what they see is positive.

Typically, they will say there’s no such thing as CUD/addiction, there’s no such thing as violence or crime whilst under the influence. They say this because in their bubble of normality they never see it.

CUD/addiction IS a thing, it’s been identified by dozens of prestigious medical bodies and governments.  It’s like saying I can drive perfectly well when drunk because I have done it dozen’s of times and never had an accident, that’s your “bubble of normality “.

I volunteered one day per week as a magistrate in the UK. I saw only the cases outside of a typical stoner’s “bubble of normality” and what I saw was horrific.

Lives & families ruined. I have been here almost 20 years now and my friend on the bench tells me that he is dealing with drug driving almost 100 times more often than alcohol now and people are being killed.

So yes, I am against recreational use of cannabis.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

And do you send the ~ 4,000 people who were released from prison back to prison who were convicted of cannabis related crimes?

And do you reimburse the thousands of people who invested in the cannabis business? 

And do you burden the already overwhelmed police force with enforcing what is now, again, a crime?

There are many, many more serious public health challenges, and many, many more serious drug problems (Meth) and crime to be focused on.

No comment necessary!

31 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Most users see their experience as a bubble, how it affects them, their lives, their friends, their relationships and work, and what they see is positive.

Typically, they will say there’s no such thing as CUD/addiction, there’s no such thing as violence or crime whilst under the influence. They say this because in their bubble of normality they never see it.

CUD/addiction IS a thing, it’s been identified by dozens of prestigious medical bodies and governments.  It’s like saying I can drive perfectly well when drunk because I have done it dozen’s of times and never had an accident, that’s your “bubble of normality “.

I volunteered one day per week as a magistrate in the UK. I saw only the cases outside of a typical stoner’s “bubble of normality” and what I saw was horrific.

Lives & families ruined. I have been here almost 20 years now and my friend on the bench tells me that he is dealing with drug driving almost 100 times more often than alcohol now and people are being killed.

Nothing you have said negates what I posted.. In the interests of balanced discussion, you should be equally against the recreational use of alcohol, a socially accepted recreational "drug?". But you don't, because you would be crying in the wilderness..

With regard to your friend the magistrate, and his (your) assertion of 100 to 1 cases of impaired driving.... I am calling complete BS. You are entitled to your opinion (as am I), but you are not entitled to your own facts. Time to up your game JBCR.

The trend is your friend. Live your life as you wish, but stay the hell out of mine.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Nothing you have said negates what I posted.. In the interests of balanced discussion, you should be equally against the recreational use of alcohol, a socially accepted recreational "drug?". But you don't, because you would be crying in the wilderness..

With regard to your friend the magistrate, and his (your) assertion of 100 to 1 cases of impaired driving.... I am calling complete BS. You are entitled to your opinion (as am I), but you are not entitled to your own facts. Time to up your game JBCR.

The trend is your friend. Live your life as you wish, but stay the hell out of mine.

Deflection with alcohol is irrelevant.

You are, of course, free to believe what you want to believe

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Deflection with alcohol is irrelevant.

You are, of course, free to believe what you want to believe

Yes I saw you lurking and knew you would be reacting..

Alcohol is not a deflection. The argument is  the same, only the intoxicant is different.. You have a drum and you want to bang on it.

Times change, attitudes change. You self-identified in another anti-cannabis post as gay. Shall we return to the attitudes towards gay people that were prevalent in my youth many decades ago?

Enough back and forth with you for today..

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/15/2023 at 12:56 PM, ezzra said:

If so he must now allocate many more of his police force to make sure of it, in my opinion, wrong decision, after allowing Thai people to grow, use and sell now he comes up with this...

And so many police are  growing it  and Kratom , I think he had a chat with Xi on what future Thailand will  move forward 

Alcohol is the typical deflection quoted by a stoner, it’s not relevant when talking about recreational use of cannabis. I am against driving whilst under the influence of alcohol FWIW.

I didn’t identify as gay, what I said was “Maybe because I am gay?” Note the “maybe”. Someone “deflected” by suggesting I go in the gay forum and spout anti-gay propaganda.

If recreational use of cannabis continues then at some point the police will start testing for it here.  Using cannabis every other day will fail a drug wipe test, so if you use it every day, then you will definitely fail the test.

In the UK police will routinely ask drivers to take a drug wipe if stopped and they have any suspicion eg manner of driving, crossing lines etc. It’s identifying any regular cannabis users who all say they can drive perfectly safely.  The police advice is you can drive a car/motorbike or you can use cannabis, but not both.

People are entitled to their opinions as I am mine.

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

Sheer Lunacy 

• Thumbs Up 1