What's your opinion on this? Jordan Peterson on Woke Mentality

FruitPudding

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Healthy people don't spend as much on pharmaceuticals, so I'm not seeing that happening...

Everything start at some place at some point! The motivation back in the 50 and 60'ies, was economic growth and new wealth for everybody.

When the need is there, and people Unite to pull in same direction for the country's best it is possible, but who and what can make that change and give motivation?  Unfortunate, war seems the only way, and with an bigger enemy, and and a new crises with suffering might create motivation for a change, but when looking back at covid, that ony divided people even more. So I'm not to sure. 

The west will loose if this continues in same direction as now. And the orange man is not the solution either. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sadly I do not think wokeism will vanish any time soon. I hate rap with a vengeance and when it emerged in the 90s I hoped it would be a passing fad, but sadly it stayed and even morphed into more antisocial noise that <deleted> play at deafening levels in public places.

I think woke is here to stay as long as the <deleted> exist.

You may be correct, unfortunately the noise may persist until a future generation snaps out of it, hopefully before full fledged dictatorial communism sweeps them away.

1 minute ago, novacova said:

You may be correct, unfortunately the noise may persist until a future generation snaps out of it, hopefully before full fledged dictatorial communism sweeps them away.

Remember Generation Rockn Roll?

Elvis started out as an healthy good rebel, and ended up fat and addicted to booze, drugs and to young women! That's America's downfall and the west. Generation Coca Cola cultivating the dream of happiness and freedom without responsibility? 

Every Generation have its trademark but I'm not sure az bad as now! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I predict Islam will grow remarkable in the future, because it still have structure and discipline, and also preach love and respect among its own! 

People missing that, and before anyone goes off here, strict religion have something many people needs. 

I'm not Christian or believe in any man made religion, but I have read my history and psychology. 

Modern growth. Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the world. In 1990, 1.1 billion people were Muslims, while in 2010, 1.6 billion people were Muslims

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_of_religion

Edited by Hummin

17 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Mods allowing for posters to put Joe Rogan clips(trash) on this site..........Mr Fear Factor himself

Waits for Fox News(opinions) to show up next.....  I think my days here are coming to a close

weak minds are easily misled.....  

Bye, bye. I'd say you'll be missed, but you won't.

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

When I moved from New York to LA, I was so out of place, and so desperate for contact with real people, I hung out in lesbian bars for a few years. That was great fun. Getting in was sometimes difficult. But once inside alot of the women were very cool. They seemed to get a kick out of the wierd straight guy. Most lesbians are not monsters nor are they extremists. Most are very decent souls. 

Cue netflix series.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sadly I do not think wokeism will vanish any time soon. I hate rap with a vengeance and when it emerged in the 90s I hoped it would be a passing fad, but sadly it stayed and even morphed into more antisocial noise that <deleted> play at deafening levels in public places.

I think woke is here to stay as long as the <deleted> exist.

You're right, the angry old white men will die out. Woke isn't really a thing for the young.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

I predict Islam will grow remarkable in the future, because it still have structure and discipline, and also preach love and respect among its own! 

People missing that, and before anyone goes off here, strict religion have something many people needs. 

I'm not Christian or believe in any man made religion, but I have read my history and psychology. 

Modern growth. Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the world. In 1990, 1.1 billion people were Muslims, while in 2010, 1.6 billion people were Muslims

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_of_religion

Yeah, they are colonizing Europe now through asylum seeking.

Though, I can't figure out why it's almost exclusively young military-aged men on the boats. Not a woman, child, or elderly person in sight on most boats ????

Islam without a doubt will take over the West eventually.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mark Nothing said:

I consider woke as the equivalent of mental garbage designed to poison the soul.

The antidote I chose to combat this plague is the Bible. 

Ahhh..... religion - the greatest conspiracy theory of them all.

7 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

a dying dinosaur in the modern world. 

Family values? 

Just sad religion is the only glue for the masses when it comes to discipline, control, and behavior even it sounds strange for us I'm the west now, we or I remember how we where tied to the old Christian traditions even we where not book religious as a family, but my grand mother and many on her side as well. 

It have created a vacum that now being absorbed by social media and fake prophets or Influencers as they call themselves. 

• Like 1

There has always been an inherent need to rank ourselves, and feel good about it or feel we can improve our standing. That's why sport all around the world uses league tables.

Humans growing up with social media feel poor and ugly compared to everyone they see online. So hopeless that it feels pointless to compete. Striving to move from bottom to second to bottom ain't fun.

Virtue signalling is the new game in town for all those who will never be attractive enough to be an influencer on YouTube.

10 hours ago, Hummin said:

Family values? 

Just sad religion is the only glue for the masses when it comes to discipline, control, and behavior even it sounds strange for us I'm the west now, we or I remember how we where tied to the old Christian traditions even we where not book religious as a family, but my grand mother and many on her side as well. 

It have created a vacum that now being absorbed by social media and fake prophets or Influencers as they call themselves. 

yeah, those damn influencers and false prophets. 

23 hours ago, Jelli said:

The green movement is twofold: to tidy the world up for the elite and their future heirs to power and wealth. To drive technology at the consumers cost to:

1 wetwire information and data direct access to brain function Godlike

2 delay aging and death, eternal life* Godlike

3 get maniacs into space. TBH I'm not certain the end game here at all. = Godlike

4 to become God and to rule with godlike powers over the world.

All this is very doable. It's happening right now. Just poke around the internet for a few hours.

Sadly I agree with that. However, the peasants will likely revolt and burn the whole thing down.

If I'm around when that happens I'll be out there with a pitchfork.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jelli said:

The first cohort is region of the greater Indian subcontinent. The second is sub Saharan Africa. The only thing that will control population are waves of deadly disease and or famine.

Countries with declining birthrates. We can equate these rates with total collapse of civilization as we know it as children will need to effectively birthed by the state and even potentially in artificial wombs. There may also be surrogates as well as indentured, prisoner and slave surrogates. Countries will need people despite technology and robotics to simply maintain the nation state. This is the neo lumpenproletariat, worker bees and those that will service the elite.

I don't believe that we will ever get to that as IMO Gaia is going to rid the planet of us and start over. Likely by ever more efficient plagues ( was covid just a trial run? ), though the weather seems to be doing quite well on that at the moment.

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I doubt a "good" Muslim woman would marry a man that was not a Muslim, so conversion would be necessary first.

I almost married a Khmer Cham Muslim. She was a stunner.

Almost married a French Iranian also stunning.

Arabs, you are probably correct