Lauren Boebert says she ‘fell short of values’ after Beetlejuice groping video

Social Media

Boebert's on the market again now...for any MAGA types here who swing in her direction. Perhaps that's part of the reason behind the theater fondling episode:

Lauren Boebert's divorce is likely to be finalized next month, and it's unclear if her husband is cooperating

"Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert appears to be on track to have her divorce finalized next month, ushering in a new chapter for the conservative Republican who is never far from the headlines in Washington.

According to the court docket, Boebert and Jayson Boebert have a non-contested hearing scheduled for October 10. After nearly two decades of marriage, the congresswoman filed for separation in May."

https://www.businessinsider.com/lauren-boebert-divorce-is-likely-to-finalized-next-month-2023-9

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

The woman is bad news. It occurred to me....was this a dark theater and the footage is from an infrared camera? It kind of looks like it. I don't care to defend her, however, if it was indeed dark, at least the groping wasn't quite as blatant and obvious as it seems in the vid. I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Are you suggesting 'trash' shouldn't hold public office?

Not if they want to claim and hold the moral high ground.

If you are a christian, there is a saying in a book that runs along these lines

" Let him (or her) who is without sin cast the first stone".

Only those who are faultless have the right to pass judgment upon others (implying that no one is faultless and that, therefore, no one has such a right

to pass judgment).

Alternatively from the same book comes this,

Matt. 7 Verses 3 to 5
[4] Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? [5] Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Now, right or wrong, don't complain when the stones you throw came back on you.

If you are buddhist it is called karma.

Edited by billd766
corrected some bad spelling

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Is anyone really surprised with this? In my books, she ranks alongside Gaetz and Marjorie T-G in the bottom of the league for morality and decent behavour.

I wonder where she got that from?   

Grab them by the ..... :biggrin:

I have noticed a tendency for politicians to forget the proliferation of cameras these days. They swear they didn't do it then a video appears showing they did it. Perhaps lying is so natural they think they can get away with it. Sad. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps her constituency voters can arrange it for her.

Although I doubt the ‘screwed up’ bit, she’s simple showing what she really is, trash.

Not sure! MAGA voters have even been able to elect a dead pimp before! :biggrin:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/11/07/pro-trump-pimp-dennis-hof-wins-nevada-election-weeks-after-he-died.html

Edited by candide

2 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

Rumour has it that she developed an interest in congress while in employment serving under Ted Cruz.

Takes after the current VP I guess, who learned a lot while serving under Willie Brown in California.  

Politics indeed makes strange bedfellows...

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

She screwed up.  I would say resignation from Congress would be the dignified thing to do. But probably wont happen.

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Hopefully you are right, if she doesnt decide to resign or at least not run for re-election. I wonder if she was like this always, or is it the malignancy of the Sodom on the Potomac experience starting to shine through. There are far too many stories of Congresscritters behaving as if they were above the law and having DYKWIA moments. It needs to be nipped in the bud. 

Mitigating much? "Screwed up"? That could mean she just made an error. Pretty hard to make a case that she engaged in anything but a bald-faced lie.

And then you broach a claim that maybe she wasn't like this until she came to Washington  Assigning some of that blame elsewhere?

For someone so eager to vociferously condemn the behavior of those whose politics you disagree with, you seem remarkably subdued in your evaluation of Boebert's conduct.

• Like 1

Boebert -- Republican Party MAGA poster woman:

--arrested and charged multiple times for minor criminal offenses prior to running for office.

--pregnant at age 18 and a high school dropout.

--Now a 36-year-old grandmother

Lauren Boebert is now a 36-year-old grandmother after her teenage son fathered a boy with his girlfriend

""Now my son, when I approached him and told him, 'Tyler, I'm going to be a 36-year-old grandmother,' he said, 'Well, didn't you make Granny a 36-year-old granny?' 'I said, 'Yes, I did.' He said, 'Well then, it's hereditary.'"

https://www.businessinsider.com/lauren-boebert-grandmother-son-baby-2023-6

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Mitigating much? "Screwed up"? That could mean she just made an error. Pretty hard to make a case that she engaged in anything but a bald-faced lie.

And then you broach a claim that maybe she wasn't like this until she came to Washington  Assigning some of that blame elsewhere?

For someone so eager to vociferously condemn the behavior of those whose politics you disagree with, you seem remarkably subdued in your evaluation of Boebert's conduct.

Not at all. Maybe we have different ideas about what "screwed up" means- to me it means a remarkably stupid and egregious mistake. She deserves fully whatever is coming. As with so many things, the coverup attempt just makes things worse. Which is why I suggested that she do the honourable thing and resign. Wouldn't do that if it was just an "oopsie". 

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Not at all. Maybe we have different ideas about what "screwed up" means- to me it means a remarkably stupid and egregious mistake. She deserves fully whatever is coming. As with so many things, the coverup attempt just makes things worse. Which is why I suggested that she do the honourable thing and resign. Wouldn't do that if it was just an "oopsie". 

Again you're mitigating. There are all kinds of mistakes. Some are innocent. What she did was blatantly lie.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This may seem strange, and the news reports don't seem to say much about it, but at least one source I'm reading says vaping in indoor public areas is illegal in Colorado.

Current status as of 2023

"Colorado’s vaping laws continue evolving but include strict regulations as of 2023:

• Indoor vaping bans for nicotine products in all public spaces, workplaces, transit, etc."

Fines and Penalties in Colorado

Colorado has implemented fines and penalties for violating vaping laws:

"Public vaping in prohibited indoor areas results in fines around $500 per infraction."

https://www.coloradoclassic.com/are-vapes-legal-in-colorado/

So, if the above is correct, what Boebert and her date were doing wasn't just rude and inconsiderate (ignoring the complaints of a pregnant woman sitting nearby), but also in violation of Colorado law.

"Surveillance video captured during the "Beetlejuice" musical in Denver appears to show Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) vaping inside the theater, which contradicts her claim that the smoke was emitted from fog machines."

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2023/09/16/lauren-boebert-vape-theater-beetlejuice-ebof-vpx.cnn