Minister cited by the Corruption Commission for ‘minor’ role in Boss Vorayuth corruption scandal

webfact

3 hours ago, pomchop said:
3 hours ago, NORDO said:

An international bounty hunter and 200,000 quid would have settled this charade years ago.

Agree.  I have zero doubt that given an incentive that there are many many operatives that could capture red bull in less than a month and deliver him to Thai custody.

Unfortunately, you have zero comprehension of the law as his case would be thrown out of court because kidnapping, as opposed to legal extradition, is an offence.    There are no such legitimate "operatives" in the real world.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

There has never been any evidence that he was on the Red Notice list.

Yes, there has, Interpol has confirmed it on a number of occasions and his picture was shown on the publicly viewable area of Interpol's website for a period.  The majority of Interpol's Notice lists are not available for the general public to access. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The lack of action in the ‘Boss’ Vorayuth affair undermines confidence in the Rule of Law in Thailand.

What Rule of Law? There is only the Rule of Money: those who have enough of it, can do whatever the hell they want.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, spermwhale said:

What I think is really weak is that NO Thai newspaper has the gonads to do some investigative journalism 

The last investigative journalism in Thailand that I can recall was the story on the airport runway cracks, and look what happened to the journalist then! https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2007/2/2/sacked-for-exposing-airport-cracks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

It has also come to light that Mr Vorayuth Yoovidhya or ‘Boss’ is currently not featured on the Interpol Red Notice list of fugitives wanted by authorities in Thailand despite being placed on it by the Royal Thai Police in October 2020.

It's called Selective Enforcement.  Interpol Red Notices are for commoners and political enemies.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

...so what would he have done to qualify as a major player?

25 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Unfortunately, those "international bounty hunters" only exist in your imagination and movies, not real life.

Oh no! So Dog was just a charade of a programme  ? How deflating ???? 

38 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Unfortunately, you have zero comprehension of the law as his case would be thrown out of court because kidnapping, as opposed to legal extradition, is an offence.    There are no such legitimate "operatives" in the real world.

As for zero comprehension of the law let's start with the Thai authorities for refusing to find and extradite him...ok i take that back.  They surely must know that the law would require his apprehension but the big brown suitcases full of red bull cash say it is not in their interest to enforce the law.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

the quantity of involvement doesn't matter, what matters is that HE WAS INVOLVED, the quantity $$$$$$ also matters, a corrupt always a corrupt, when you are guilty you are guilty not a little guilty or a lot guilty, guilty is guilty, like dead os dead not a little dead or a lot dead

I would like to know the definition of MINOR role by the corruption commission, they really play people for stupid

Minister cited by the Corruption Commission for ‘minor’ role

Edited by Mavideol
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...but it no longer appears on the publicly accessible part of the site.

I was quoting directly from CNN! You are not!????

No, you're right I am not quoting from CNN (does CNN have some special credibility?), I am quoting Interpol.    Interpol has issued statements on the accessbility of the Red Notice list a number of times.  The majority of it cannot be accessed by the public.

57 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Expand  

As for zero comprehension of the law let's start with the Thai authorities for refusing to find and extradite him...ok i take that back.  They surely must know that the law would require his apprehension but the big brown suitcases full of red bull cash say it is not in their interest to enforce the law.

Let's stick with your zero comprehension of the law.  Thai authorities cannot extradite anyone without the agreement and cooperation of the authorities in the country that he is located, the RTP can only request extradition.  If that country does not agree to extradition, that's their prerogative, they do not have to comply.   

That the RTP knows that his apprehension is a requirement of Thai law is of no consequence if he is not located within the jurisdiction of the Thai authorities, they cannot just demand that another country bows down to their demands and arrests him.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Yes.  Confirmed by Interpol several times and seen on the public area of the site for a period.

For a period... not bad for a murderer

"Seen" publicly for a period but not removed from the list according to Interpol.   Most Red Notices are not seen by the public...they do not need to be.  You do know that he is not charged with murder, yes?   That's because he did not murder anyone.

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

Unfortunately, those "international bounty hunters" only exist in your imagination and movies, not real life.

Oh no! So Dog was just a charade of a programme  ? How deflating

I did not say that.  He is/was a bounty hunter in the US, he is not an "international bounty hunter" permitted to operate wherever he chooses because bounty hunters are not legally recognised entities in most jurisdictions.  

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I did not say that.  He is/was a bounty hunter in the US, he is not an "international bounty hunter" permitted to operate wherever he chooses because bounty hunters are not legally recognised entities in most jurisdictions.  

Think you missed the tongue in cheek aspect...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, there has, Interpol has confirmed it on a number of occasions and his picture was shown on the publicly viewable area of Interpol's website for a period.  The majority of Interpol's Notice lists are not available for the general public to access. 

Link to an Interpol source (not Thai) confirming this to be the case, thanks in advance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mr Meeseeks said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"We" have not ever known that.  His details were shown on the publicly available section at one time.

Have you got a screenshot to prove this? 

No, I do not need to prove what I saw at the time.  Have you got anything to prove that he has never been on the Red Notice list?

• Haha 1