Non - O ME in HCMC and Hanoi: Denied!

On 10/10/2023 at 10:01 PM, vinci said:

oh i think i know why they did not ask for my financial statement 

2.4.1. Thai spouse:

Guarantee letter from Thai Spouse, can be Thai or English,

this is very important without this letter they will reject you out right, it's just a letter from your wife saying that i'm her husband, but the catch is in that letter it also said, she will sponsor me for the multiple non-o and will pay all expense related to our relationship

maybe i don't know, why they don't ask for my financial statement

Just to clarify few points:

- I did have a letter from my wife.

- I was wearing clean clothes, long pants (it seems someone was assuming my appearance could have been the problem.....)

- Regarding the finance: I was short of maybe 50k thb and only because I was working offshore India and internet was crap, not allowing me to transfer money to Thailand on time....

I am not asking to bend the rules or circumvent any, i am just trying to share my experience of IO creating or adding new rules on the last minute.....

By the way, using an agent and preaching that you don't support bribes.... what a f@@@ng joke!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomaway said:

Just to clarify few points:

- I did have a letter from my wife.

- I was wearing clean clothes, long pants (it seems someone was assuming my appearance could have been the problem.....)

- Regarding the finance: I was short of maybe 50k thb and only because I was working offshore India and internet was crap, not allowing me to transfer money to Thailand on time....

I am not asking to bend the rules or circumvent any, i am just trying to share my experience of IO creating or adding new rules on the last minute.....

By the way, using an agent and preaching that you don't support bribes.... what a f@@@ng joke!!!

Unlucky! Hanoi, in particular, is very unfriendly these days.

On 9/21/2023 at 8:26 AM, Tod Daniels said:

AFAIK; Hanoi NEVER issued that year-long, multi-entry Non-O visa and HCMC changed their policy just before the covid sh*t-show closed the borders to where they wanted proof of 400K baht in a bank account to issue that visa. 
You want that year long, multi-entry Non-O the only consulate in the vicinity that issues it without proof of funds is Savannakhet.

One thing to keep in mind is that there have been several posts by people who went there and were sold just a single entry 90 day Non-O because they didn't have their thai wife with them AND they didn't have a "letter" written from the thai wife asking the consulate in Savannakhet issue the year-long, multi-entry Non-O visa. The first time someone posted it I took it as an aberration and the officer having a bad day, but after the 4th or 5th person said the same thing (that they got only a 90 day single entry) AND the one guy I told to have his wife write a letter to Savannakhet asking for the year visa got his without his wife I started thinking they require that letter again   

^^ EDITED
That is totally the correct info I just talked to two visa run companies (BKK and Pattaya) and they said they RUN Sunday AND Wednesday nights meaning they are there Monday and Thursday
I stand humbly erected ???? err corrected, Sorry for the bad info

I got non-O ME at Savannakhet recently..same requirements as before Covid.

No letter from wife necessary. Although, for the first time, wife was present in Savannakhet (we did a little tour of Southern Laos) she stayed at the hotel while I applied for the visa.

This was just a few weeks ago after you posted your comment.

On 9/21/2023 at 4:21 PM, Tod Daniels said:

This is ripped of my messenger from someone who was AT Savannakhet with EVERYTHING 3 weeks ago and denied the year Non-O
image.png.84d93f373c7e07ace50f57b8d4ca249d.png
So you can take it with a grain of salt OR you can believe it I have no dog in this fight and just relate info I get from the thai visa related groups

I was there 3 weeks ago and wife didn't need to be present nor is a letter needed.

Nothing has changed from pre Covid.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 5:01 PM, vinci said:

oh i think i know why they did not ask for my financial statement 

2.4.1. Thai spouse:

Guarantee letter from Thai Spouse, can be Thai or English,

this is very important without this letter they will reject you out right, it's just a letter from your wife saying that i'm her husband, but the catch is in that letter it also said, she will sponsor me for the multiple non-o and will pay all expense related to our relationship

maybe i don't know, why they don't ask for my financial statement

Sorry to bother you but your wife wrote you a letter that she will sponsor your stay in Thailand ? Did you provide her bank statements ?

Im looking now into this option now as well. Maybe that you would be even easier for me.