Give your life a score out of 10 in Thailand and last few years in farangland

sidjameson

9/10 when in my Bangkok condo or travelling around Thailand and working remotely for my UK business over the UK winter. Lovely GF for last 3 years there too. Huge number of expat friends and aquaintances made over the pandemic lockdowns and reopening, when I was in Thailand for a full 14 months. 

4/10 when in my west London flat and working 6 days a week during the British "summer". A few trips out for Sunday lunch or dinner with friends and visits to family in Devon. Highlight of summer 2023 when GF came over from Thailand for 2 weeks and we bicycled 270kms on quiet west country roads and alongside canals, rivers, fields and seasides. 

Will "rinse and repeat" for next 5 years before hopefully moving to Thailand more permanently (then age 61, if still alive).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dan O said:

you're still here so it cant be that bad or you have no where else to go. Not sure what your going on about 300% increase? Perhaps you should look in the mirror to solve your problems as you bring them on yourself. 

So you think if Thailand was expensive like Germany it would appeal?

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

9/10 when in my Bangkok condo or travelling around Thailand and working remotely for my UK business over the UK winter. Lovely GF for last 3 years there too. Huge number of expat friends and aquaintances made over the pandemic lockdowns and reopening, when I was in Thailand for a full 14 months. 

4/10 when in my west London flat and working 6 days a week during the British "summer". A few trips out for Sunday lunch or dinner with friends and visits to family in Devon. Highlight of summer 2023 when GF came over from Thailand for 2 weeks and we bicycled 270kms on quiet west country roads and alongside canals, rivers, fields and seasides. 

Will "rinse and repeat" for next 5 years before hopefully moving to Thailand more permanently (then age 61, if still alive).

Is it common for people to die at 61?