Brexit: UK could rejoin EU as an ‘associate member’

Social Media

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why should private individuals undertake the duties of the State?

Do you go out and sweep the streets, clean the drains, fix the roads or any other of the tasks dealt with by government local or national?

I agree. 

There are too many people in UK that can't seem to take care of their own responsibilities with out the need of,or demanding, government handouts.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I agree. 

There are too many people in UK that can't seem to take care of their own responsibilities with out the need of,or demanding, government handouts.

I’ve been in discussion with one this past few weeks, a guy who’s mother needs continuous care, he’s a lawyer and trying everything he can think of to get the NHS to pay for her care in order that she doesn’t have to use her own money.

Money he hopes to inherit when she dies.

Maybe it’s right that people on low incomes should pay taxes to take are of someone with significant financial means in order to pretext the inheritance of their children.

But of course that, as with your own objection, is individuals looking for the state to take care of them, not individuals taking care of the duties of the state.

I’m a supporter of the charity ’Soldiers off the streets’ but my support doesn’t run to taking a soldier off the streets and taking them into my own home.

That I don’t take a soldier off the streets into my home does not diminish my support for the ‘soldiers off the streets’ charity.

The argument that individuals should take i asylum dealers is nonsense.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve been in discussion with one this past few weeks, a guy who’s mother needs continuous care, he’s a lawyer and trying everything he can think of to get the NHS to pay for her care in order that she doesn’t have to use her own money.

Maybe it’s right that people on low i l one’s should take are of someone with significant financial means in order to pretext the inheritance of their children.

So who pays for the ladies care because he ( a lawyer, earning a few quid) wants her cash........?  ????

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Maybe it’s right that people on low incomes should pay taxes to take are of someone with significant financial means in order to pretext the inheritance of their children.

But of course that, as with your own objection, is individuals looking for the state to take care of them, not individuals taking care of the duties of the state.

I’m a supporter of the charity ’Soldiers off the streets’ but my support doesn’t run to taking a soldier off the streets and taking them into my own home.

That I don’t take a soldier off the streets into my home does not diminish my support for the ‘soldiers off the streets’ charity.

It's the dealers that need to be stopped. Not supported.

5 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

You were replying directly to a comment that I posted about illegal immigrants to any country; you then questioned that I had said it was to the UK; this is a typical online tactic employed by trolls that respond to something they claim someone has said, as opposed to what they actually said … please read more carefully in future.

“this is a typical online tactic employed by trolls”

I’ll bow to your expertise on the matter.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

For those who have worked, paid tax and NI, NHS care is not a benefit. It's an entitlement and should not be refused just because someone has chosen to be financially astute all their life and accrued wealth.

You suggest those on low incomes should not be taxed to take care of someone with wealth but I guess you are OK for those same low earners to be taxed to pay for care for someone who has chosen not to plan for such, but decided to fritter their salaries away every month, or has been on benefit for much of their life.

And there was I thinking you were against discrimination. 

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The failing Government’s failing policies are not going to continue beyond the next election.

Isn't this the whole point about Brexit? We can kick out the UK government at the next election if they fail to deliver on immigration. Therefore we've taken back control. 

If we were still in the EU we'd have all the Romanian and Lithuanian car washing men continuing to swamp our neighbourhoods legally, ON TOP of the thousands of young male economic migrants coming over illegally on boats. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Isn't this the whole point about Brexit? We can kick out the UK government at the next election if they fail to deliver on immigration. Therefore we've taken back control. 

If we were still in the EU we'd have all the Romanian and Lithuanian car washing men continuing to swamp our neighbourhoods legally, ON TOP of the thousands of young male economic migrants coming over illegally on boats. 

Can you tell me the last time the UK electorate were not able to replace the UK Government by means of an ejection?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

For those who have worked, paid tax and NI, NHS care is not a benefit. It's an entitlement and should not be refused just because someone has chosen to be financially astute all their life and accrued wealth.

You suggest those on low incomes should not be taxed to take care of someone with wealth but I guess you are OK for those same low earners to be taxed to pay for care for someone who has chosen not to plan for such, but decided to fritter their salaries away every month, or has been on benefit for much of their life.

And there was I thinking you were against discrimination. 

Incorrect.

Care in old age is means tested.

I thought you worked in the care industry and if so how are you not aware of that fact.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/financial-assessment-means-test/#:~:text=A financial assessment or means,savings less than £23%2C250.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I didn't say how it is, I said how it should be.

It really would be beneficial if you read what is written in comments rather than read what you'd like to see.

Sorry, I like dealing with the reality of how it is.

Your fanciful thoughts on why some folk aren’t sufficiently wealthy to fund their own care in old age are just that, fanciful.

Your statement “For those who have worked, paid tax and NI, NHS care is not a benefit. It's an entitlement” reads like an assertion of fact, all be it misinformed.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

the guy mother has been paying for care for a number of years

1) National Insurance

2) Adult Social Care Precept within your Council Tax  ( an additional amount put on everyone council tax bill

Maybe he is fed up with seeing Mp's in all parties claiming everything under the sun because they can

Everyone should be assessed for their health needs not how much they have in the bank

Hopefully the lawyer is aware of this website

https://caretobedifferent.co.uk/

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sorry, I like dealing with the reality of how it is.

Your fanciful thoughts on why some folk aren’t sufficiently wealthy to fund their own care in old age are just that, fanciful.

Your statement “For those who have worked, paid tax and NI, NHS care is not a benefit. It's an entitlement” reads like an assertion of fact, all be it misinformed.

It is a fact. All UK citizens are entitled to use NHS. Some non citizens too.

My thoughts are not fanciful. They are based on experience.

Edited by youreavinalaff

24 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

It is a fact. All UK citizens are entitled to use NHS. Some non citizens too.

My thoughts are not fanciful. They are based on experience.

Continuing Healthcare: The Secret Fund

READ THE TRANSCRIPT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/18_11_14_fo4_continuinghealthcare.pdf

https://decisions.ombudsman.org.uk/decisions?type=health

Filter on Complaint category and select Continuing Healthcare:

Both Local councils and the NHS would prefer that people are not made aware of any of the above

Incorrect.

Care in old age is means tested.

I thought you worked in the care industry and if so how are you not aware of that fact.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/financial-assessment-means-test/#:~:text=A financial assessment or means,savings less than £23%2C250.

Care in old age is means tested this is false if you have a primary health care need this should be fully funded by the NHS

Social Care is means tested 

8 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Indeed, as the EU are rather belatedly finding out; France has just sent soldiers, helicopters and drones to its border with Italy to prevent the surge of migrants from entering France. Georgia Meloni has just said that she will not allow Italy to become the refugee camp of Europe. Africa is invading Europe, and the EU remains completely passive to the invasion. The Strange Death Of Europe.

I posted this in another thread but it is also relevant here

-------

The suggestion that nothing is being done to prevent illegal migration is nonsense. 

Whether the measures are effective and the money is being as well-spent as it might be are different questions.

https://home-affairs.ec.europa.eu/policies/migration-and-asylum/irregular-migration-and-return_en

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2023/07/04/money-spent-by-eu-on-migration-policy-becoming-complex-to-track-expert

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Can you tell me the last time the UK electorate were not able to replace the UK Government by means of an ejection?

I was pointing out we now have more (electoral) control over immigration.

When we were in the EU the UK government were not accountable for EU migration by Romanian car washers etc., because Romanian car washers had freedom of movement into the UK. 

Now that the UK government are accountable for ALL migration, the UK electorate by extension have more power over immigration issues. As you'll see at the next general election if UK gov don't get a grip on it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

We signed a contract whilst in the E.U with the passport maker and we need to wait for that contract to expire before we can look for another supplier 

You seem to know more about this than me so could you confirm if this is the same company that was producing our pre-brexit passports?

And, additionally, can you point to any evidence to confirm your allegation that we chose the company because we were forced to under EU rules, as opposed to it simply being a financial decision to take the lowest offer?