Tour Bus Full of Chinese Tourists Crashes into a Tree at Bali Hai Pier in Pattaya, Driver Blames Brake Failure

webfact

22 minutes ago, nausea said:

Using brakes to control the descent, I assume, rather than gears; would be technically break failure.

Yes can cause brake 'fade' I presume its air brakes so an audio alarm and gauges would tell the driver of low air below 80psi (never tested and timed on how long to rebuild the air when I have witnessed government testing or load tested, and the brakes would come on below that, many don't know it is the air pressure that keeps the brakes OFF, if the foot pedal (valve) starts to leak then it can be heard. 

55 minutes ago, transam said:

Driving in bare feet, whist posting on TikTok sounds more like it......????

Or his flip-flop stuck under the pedal, which is why I never drive wearing them… 

Also, I am not a peasant, so I don't wear them at all unless I am at a swimming pool or sauna etc. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

This incident is almost as comical as reading the comments posted here! 

It was a Chinese tour group on board so almost definitely a Chinese owned bus with a Chinese level of maintenance, add that to a "Thai driver" anything is possible!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Next time you are driving, change to the lowest gear you can, double de-clutch if you know how and kill the engine. quite easy if you know how to drive.

Think we know about compression breaking, curious why turn off motor tho.. risk to power steering, brakes, lights maybe... please explain! 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Think we know about compression breaking, curious why turn off motor tho.. risk to power steering, brakes, lights maybe... please explain! 

Didn't think that would need explaining, steering can still be used with strength, BRAKES? their not frigging working! lights stay on, the turned off motor will slow you down through the low gear you have selected and pressure inside the engine. Admittedly steering could be a problem, but if you select first gear that would slow you to almost a halt.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Didn't think that would need explaining, steering can still be used with strength, BRAKES? their not frigging working! lights stay on, the turned off motor will slow you down through the low gear you have selected and pressure inside the engine. Admittedly steering could be a problem, but if you select first gear that would slow you to almost a halt.

In my vehicle, switching off the engine would lock the steering........

23 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

It seems as though brakes in Thailand are of very poor quality... every other crash of which there are many is due to the brakes failing... it would be wise of the Thai's to buy better brakes.  

They might want to get a pair of actual shoes first, as going suicide-speed with open toe flipflops seems to be the national pastime.

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang

19 hours ago, transam said:

Driving in bare feet, whist posting on TikTok sounds more like it......????

Saw a real WINNER the other day: Somchai on a half-wai Scoopi special PoS, no helmet, flipflops, but a brand new bright blue face mask! ???? of course speeding and with no tail lights at all, tunnel vision.

It's like, you know how ULTRA-PC crybabies insist "Everyone is the same on the inside ☮️"? That's the biggest BS ever told. Some humans are practically completely different species from each other. Examine the brain and capabilities of a Chess-Prodigy, and then Somchai, and then with all seriousness tell me that "Everyone's the same on the inside!" When there is a demonstrably vast difference in intelligence and physical capabilities, but let's all keep pretending everyone "is the same" on the inside. We are not. 

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Saw a real WINNER the other day: Somchai on a half-wai Scoopi special PoS, no helmet, flipflops, but a brand new bright blue face mask! ???? of course speeding and with no tail lights at all, tunnel vision.

It's like, you know how ULTRA-PC crybabies insist "Everyone is the same on the inside ☮️"? That's the biggest BS ever told. Some humans are practically completely different species from each other. Examine the brain and capabilities of a Chess-Prodigy, and then Somchai, and then with all seriousness tell me that "Everyone's the same on the inside!" When there is a demonstrably vast difference in intelligence and physical capabilities, but let's all keep pretending everyone "is the same" on the inside. We are not. 

You seem to prove that theory!