Cheapest prices you have paid last 12 months

bignok

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I just go into 7/11 and ask the cashier whether I can have some more hot water and they haven't said no yet and just fill my coffee cup up .

Its just a cup of hot water as I'd already paid for the actual coffee

What are you going on about? Do you drink the first cup, and then ask for a refill of hot water, with no coffee left. Confused, itout an emoji.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:
1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

What are you going on about? Do you drink the first cup, and then ask for a refill of hot water, with no coffee left. Confused, itout an emoji.

No . I use half the sachet of coffee for the first cup and use the second half of the sachet for the second cup 

Do yer under-crackers last 4 days before you wash em ???

- Right way / Reverse em / Inside-out / Inside-out reversed....  :whistling:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Where was that. Expensive in bigc Pattaya.

Read my post on page 2 of this thread regarding "off the beaten track" shopping alternatives many might and do overlook. Just takes a little leg work and depending on your needs will save you big. Had a business in Pattaya before you can find some decent buys early in the morning on the wet market on Pattaya Tai, also on Sukhumvit towards the country club, it's moved a couple times over the years so I can't be definitive. You can also find diamonds in the rough on the Dark Side, again they might have moved so I can't say with certainty,

Jomtien used to have spots but they seemed to have faded through the years. My advise for those with large monthly food shopping needs is to drive to Chonburi even Bangkok if you are a business. Bulk online purchasing is also a good sensible solution.

Big C is wickedly expensive in Pattaya and Bangkok for that matter, they should be wearing masks worn by bank robbers, I'd feel better paying those prices. I hope this helps and be sure to tell others if you find the information useful. Cheers

Edited by gwapofarang

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No . I use half the sachet of coffee for the first cup and use the second half of the sachet for the second cup 

Great honest answer and I half figured that based on prior encounters and experience. Funny how people forget everyone has their own way. Cheers!

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Bought Kelloggs All=Bran on Lazada, about the same price as in Australia.

Going forward to next year, I have paid 23,000 baht for a return ticket Bangkok to Melbourne. With flight changes permitted, and 20 kg hold luggage. IMO that's a pretty good deal post-COVID.

What airline is that?

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Back in the UK in 2009, living in my own paid off house with Brit wife and kids

total outgoings = 1,500gbp/month.

Here in Chiang Mai 2023, living in her mortgaged house with Thai wife and kids

total outgoings = 1,200gbp/month.

My life is  better in Thailand, and as a bonus it's also cheaper (for the same living standard), warmer, and includes a lot more sex!

I think for the most part, only those women under 20 seem to have an interest in sex, in the US now. Likely the same in the UK. After that, it is mostly purpose driven. It is becoming a sexless, purposeless society, that is degenerating, and moving backwards socially, culturally, economically and morally.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

I think for the most part, only those women under 20 seem to have an interest in sex, in the US now. Likely the same in the UK. After that, it is mostly purpose driven. It is becoming a sexless, purposeless society, that is degenerating, and moving backwards socially, culturally, economically and morally.

Humans are mostly scum these days. Perhaps they always were but you notice more as you get older and see how people are.

The level of ignorance is astounding. People dont know anything about shops 200m from where they live.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, bignok said:

Humans are mostly scum these days. Perhaps they always were but you notice more as you get older and see how people are.

The level of ignorance is astounding. People dont know anything about shops 200m from where they live.

Part of it is noticing it more, but a large part of it is the backward movement of mankind in the past 20 years or so. We stopped evolving as a species. Popular culture, society, politics, economics, and civilization is moving backwards, and we are regressing.

I blame alot of it on social media. Alot of people just do not understand how corrosive, damaging, degrading and nasty social media can be. There are an infinite number of scammers, predators and fraudsters out there. Most of us have the good sense to avoid them, and not get taken in by their unwillingness to do actual work for a living. It boggles the mind, to consider the number of people who fall for these scams. Someone calls you, or contacts you online, and you send them money? Someone you have never met? Someone you have not researched? What gives? Where are the survival instincts? 

How is a youngster supposed to have the wisdom to know? Granted being asked to send naked pics to a stranger is a bit much. But, I am sure it happens all the time. There is little chance of these people getting apprehended. Very little. And it is a strong indication of just how bent, warped and misguided contemporary culture and society is, that someone can be considered an idol or celebrity just because they have alot of followers on Tik tok, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Personally, I consider social media to be the most corrosive and degenerate force in culture today, and they can be downright dangerous, on multiple levels. 

Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter addiction is real and it is dangerous. Not only does it prevent you from living in the present, it can also leave you with crippling anxiety and insecurities. But few people talk about the real danger of social media addictions. These addictions make you boring. Nobody wants to hear about what he said on Facebook, what she said on Instagram or what you said on Twitter. If they wanted to know, they would have already seen it, liked it, and moved on.

The real danger of social media is not that you might say the wrong thing to the wrong person. The real danger is the fact that one determined person with nothing else to do can find your name, your phone number, your address, your parents’ address, your third-cousin’s Twitter, your boss, your co-worker, your ex-lover, the ex-lover you briefly forgot about and use all this information to systematically tear your life apart piece by piece. But why would someone go through so much trouble to do that? Because it was probably not that hard. There’s a good chance your own web presence coupled with some inventive searches led them straight down the trail to destroying your social life, your relationships and your career all in one fell swoop.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, bignok said:

Coffee 20 baht

Noodles 30 baht

Curry 60 baht

Train ride 13 baht

Hotel 400 baht

Still value out there

20 years ago those prices were half of what is listed. Better value was then.

Curry 60 baht, all the India curries I see are 3X the price of Thai meals.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Part of it is noticing it more, but a large part of it is the backward movement of mankind in the past 20 years or so. We stopped evolving as a species. Popular culture, society, politics, economics, and civilization is moving backwards, and we are regressing.

I blame alot of it on social media. Alot of people just do not understand how corrosive, damaging, degrading and nasty social media can be. There are an infinite number of scammers, predators and fraudsters out there. Most of us have the good sense to avoid them, and not get taken in by their unwillingness to do actual work for a living. It boggles the mind, to consider the number of people who fall for these scams. Someone calls you, or contacts you online, and you send them money? Someone you have never met? Someone you have not researched? What gives? Where are the survival instincts? 

How is a youngster supposed to have the wisdom to know? Granted being asked to send naked pics to a stranger is a bit much. But, I am sure it happens all the time. There is little chance of these people getting apprehended. Very little. And it is a strong indication of just how bent, warped and misguided contemporary culture and society is, that someone can be considered an idol or celebrity just because they have alot of followers on Tik tok, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Personally, I consider social media to be the most corrosive and degenerate force in culture today, and they can be downright dangerous, on multiple levels. 

Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter addiction is real and it is dangerous. Not only does it prevent you from living in the present, it can also leave you with crippling anxiety and insecurities. But few people talk about the real danger of social media addictions. These addictions make you boring. Nobody wants to hear about what he said on Facebook, what she said on Instagram or what you said on Twitter. If they wanted to know, they would have already seen it, liked it, and moved on.

The real danger of social media is not that you might say the wrong thing to the wrong person. The real danger is the fact that one determined person with nothing else to do can find your name, your phone number, your address, your parents’ address, your third-cousin’s Twitter, your boss, your co-worker, your ex-lover, the ex-lover you briefly forgot about and use all this information to systematically tear your life apart piece by piece. But why would someone go through so much trouble to do that? Because it was probably not that hard. There’s a good chance your own web presence coupled with some inventive searches led them straight down the trail to destroying your social life, your relationships and your career all in one fell swoop.

I could not agree more with every stated in this post. Look up social engineering and the clear definition of everything you wrote above is there and a whole lot more.

I'll take it a step further by injecting something conspicuously missing above, the injection of the so called "smart phone" into everyone's lives. That little devil is far from a "smart phone" it's entirely the opposite tracking every move one makes. Literally disconnecting humanity from reality. This is not hyperbolic, all one needs to do is walk around any department store or look into a busy restaurant to witness this with their own eyes.

It's time people start asking the right questions, seeking the elusive word known as truth. We have lost the simple wisdom, "question everything" and read to discern. Attention spans have dropped to off the charts. Based on how things are moving forward that ability to find books will no longer be available. After that, history holds that answer in stone through the ages.

I removed the so called "smart phone" from my life almost three years ago. The withdrawals and psychological trauma was immense for months. Focus and clarity of thought took a while to come back. That changed everything for me and opened my eyes, best thing i ever did. The price, well.

Best tip I can give anybody ever is Z Library, search that out and find all of humanity's knowledge through the ages for free. Pass that along, education is required.

Edited by gwapofarang
  • Like 1

For shirts tailored not so long back it was 900 to 1100 THB. Now for the same stuff they are charging minimum 1500 and usually more for the top quality stuff. No point in getting clothes tailored in Bangkok anymore...at least not in Sukhumvit. Better try Chinatown where they are cheaper and the quality grade is very similar.

1 hour ago, freeworld said:

20 years ago those prices were half of what is listed. Better value was then.

Curry 60 baht, all the India curries I see are 3X the price of Thai meals.

The problem is that foolish and guilable tourists, expats, foreigners just pay and say "ohh ohh it costs more back home". Sure it does but back "home" the salaries and other expenses are higher. Due to such foolish people who pay prices increase.

The rich won't pay absurd prices and get cheated even if the price back home is less.

It is only the upstarts or one-week millionnaires who pay blindly and  and try to live it up like fools and thus send the wrong message to the service providers and retailers.  They don't understand that secretly the guy or lady overcharging is plainly saying inside his/her mind "oh man what a fool this foreigner".

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Jetstar.

If you join Club Jetstar and buy during sales you can get super bargains. Say less than 6000 each way. Done it 3 times post covid. Tend to think holiday starts in Thailand but rethinking that after a few delayed flights.

In Thailand lots of bargain hotels in Khao Lak and Koh Chang at 3.5 to 4.5 star hotels. Phuket and Bangkok a bit expensive compared to those quieter locations which have seemed to remain quiet post covid. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

17 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was trying to cut down on my daily coffee intake 

With the difficulties of trying to make a big buck these days it's hard to find good coffee cheaply. Most just rely on sugar to make it taste good. Best way to gauge your coffee. Have an olive and a bit of cheese then at morning time when taste buds are hard as a rock Drink it with no milk and sugar first to rate it. 

16 hours ago, bignok said:

The only way is to turn off the internet.  But we all know....don't worry to much. I figure we have had the best of both worlds. Chemist developed photos and pirate streaming. My only advice. Avoid the humans when u can and u are bound to be less stressed.

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

because people can and do buy Thai curries instead, if Indians want to become popular they need to drop the prices to Thai price not Indian price 

Indians are never going to become "popular" here because the vast majority of Thais don't like Indian food, or are too prejudice to even try it.

Also I guess some of the ingredients need to be imported which will naturally increase the prices.

Don't get me wrong, I love Indian food. It would be nice if the prices went down. They don't "need" to, though.

On 9/27/2023 at 5:53 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Indian curries need to be same price as Thai food. That's one of the reason Pattaya's indian restaurants are mostly empty

Exactly same in bkk. I dont know the reason why since it is only a few diff spices which should not really affect the prices the way they charge.

• Like 1