Probe launched into 200,000 litres of diesel missing from military base

snoop1130

Good job it's only a tiny amount.....a single tanker could probably take it and sell it to lucky people in Saraburi. My wife's aunt does this as a sideline, behind he house is a large metal container filled with diesel that she sells to her neighbours and friends. Been doing it for years. 

• Like 1

During that time, no one less than the former prime minister, serving also as defense minister, was in charge. So it happened during his watch, and if it happened before him but after 2014, then Prawatch might be taken for questioning.

While I certainly would not accuse either gentlemen of being directly involved, it is obvious, that apart from murky aircraft carrier and submarines deals it seems, that there are some other "leaks" (pun intended) within the armed forces ........ 

BIL's stepson is an NCO in charge of a group of caretaker soldiers for a park on a mountain. The caretaking is cleaning hotel rooms that are used by tourists, and working in the coffeshop for the visitors, there is also a large residence there for SOMEONE who hasn't been there for 40+ years. I won't say where, as it is a good gig.

Anyway, back to the point. When my BIL and his wife go to see him several times a year, they are encouraged to fill their tank on the pickup truck, as the military allows its soldiers to use the free fuel. Most of the other soldiers take advantage of this and let their families fillup. I am guessing that they sell it to locals too. The fuel tank is filled up once a month. Supposedly it is for the generator, but since the gen unit hardly ever runs for the large residence, they use it before it goes bad and get it filled up monthly. From what I understand, this is common all over.

• Haha 1