Joe Biden makes history by joining UAW picket line

Social Media

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Why does Donald Trump say he supports the UAW strike?

Is that rhetorical, as you're asking the wrong person, as I don't care.

I support Biden in 2024, as worked out best for me so far, so keep that high inflation/COLA coming.

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

That's just because the liberal states just don't report petty crime any more. 

Any shoplifting below $950 is no longer a crime, and the big chains just move out.

https://www.hoover.org/research/why-shoplifting-now-de-facto-legal-california

"Crime is rising almost everywhere in California, including violent crime. Homicides in California jumped 31 percent last year, making 2020 the deadliest year since 2007. The 2,202 homicides in 2020 represent an increase of 523 over 2019. Homicides in Los Angeles rose 40 percent to 332, and they rose 35 percent to 285 in San Francisco. Both San Francisco and Los Angeles feature district attorneys who are perceived to be soft on crime, and both are facing the possibility of a recall election. Gives a whole new take on defunding police, doesn’t it?"

Edited by BritManToo

On 9/27/2023 at 6:18 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

Does Joe often join picket lines or is it just this once ?

Does Joe have a habit of  standing shoulder to should with the workers and is that his primary concern for attending or does he just want to win the Michigan vote ?

No prizes for guessing the correct answer.

Has Joe EVER joined a strike action in all his decades in the US government in the party of the "worker" 5555555555?

• Haha 1

i have to believe that part of the motivation of the Trump fans to post here is emotional. They just have to post, they don't care if what they post is easily refuted. They just want to express their feelings that the other "tribe" is wrong.

LOL. I can remember more than a few of your side's opinion that post meaningless insults directed at a certain individual.

Pot, kettle, etc.

9 hours ago, impulse said:

Gosh, what's next?  Blaming the Repubs for the horrendous crime sprees happening in Dem controlled cities, because they refuse to sit down and rewrite the laws around organized smash and grab looting?   

Repubs simply want to enforce the laws already on the books.  They worked fine for decades.  And they recognize that having theft and immigration laws on the books is meaningless if they're not being enforced.  Like at the border, which was pretty darn secure until Biden's first day in office.  And in the cities, before no-cash bail, defunding the police and the Summer of Mostly Peaceful Arson and Looting disguised as protests.

Ah yes, https://www.ncja.org/crimeandjusticenews/is-it-true-that-eight-of-the-top-ten-murder-states-are-red-states

Is It True That Eight Of The Top Ten Murder States Are 'Red' States?

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No prizes for guessing the correct answer.

Has Joe EVER joined a strike action in all his decades in the US government in the party of the "worker" 5555555555?

In my 50 years of working life I never joined a union, joined in a strike action.

Why would I need to? I didn't need anybody to tell me to withdraw my labour (thus earning only my strike pay which I would pay for in union subscriptions). In effect I would be paying myself in the hope of possibly getting more money in the future. And having to work longer just to get my money back that I lost.

Nor would I be happy if another union official called the members out on strike to support me, thus dropping themselves down to strike level pay.

If I wasn't happy then I could always leave and get another job elsewhere, and I did, twice.

I can understand the historical reasons why the unions started.

Why should President Biden NEED to join a strike action in the first place. It is a personal choice that HE made.

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

Why should President Biden NEED to join a strike action in the first place. It is a personal choice that HE made.

LOL. Personal choice yes, but his motivation would be significant. Short of some other explanation, I'm going with he's worried about losing to Trump so making political gestures he thinks will make him more popular. That's what most politicians do at election time, and nothing to do with actually supporting such as the autoworkers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump was speaking to the autoworkers in Detroit and seems to have a lot of support there. Many U Tube VDOs about it.

Not union members. He even faked union members with placards. Don't you find that dishonest? I guess all the dishonesty is like water off a republican's back?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2023 at 11:43 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

I joined a Union at age 18.

At age 20 I won a company bursary to support me reading Engineering at University.

The company reneged on the award.

My Union took the case up for me and got me the bursary I had earned.

I would not have been able to afford to go to university without my union’s help, nor might I ever have had a well paid career as a professional engineer.

I’ve been a proud union member ever since, always pay my dues, always thankful the positive help my Union gave me.

Working people shilling for employers against unions, AKA class traitors, cap doffers and forelock tuggers.

"Then I got Mary pregnant
 And, man, that was all she wrote
 And for my nineteenth birthday I got a union card and a wedding coat....
"

• Confused 1

On 9/28/2023 at 10:12 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Personal choice yes, but his motivation would be significant. Short of some other explanation, I'm going with he's worried about losing to Trump so making political gestures he thinks will make him more popular. That's what most politicians do at election time, and nothing to do with actually supporting such as the autoworkers.

"Interviews with a diverse group of striking autoworkers and other voters in the critical battleground state of Michigan this week highlighted Biden’s troubles: Many of them had voted for him in 2020 and appreciate that he joined the picket line Tuesday. But several were frustrated with his handling of high prices and other economic issues — and not yet sold on voting for him again next year."

Tone Woods, a Black building trades worker from Detroit, said he is also undecided after voting for Biden in 2020. He attended Trump’s speech Wednesday in the Detroit area.

Gas is high. Inflation. So that’s why I’m stuck in the middle,” he said. He is considering Trump because “the economy was a little better when Trump was in office, to be honest with you.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/29/white-house-bidenomics-failure-00118949

Bidenomics_Politico.thumb.jpg.cf7efcddac2b30bbf45ea146bc618a14.jpg

Bidenomics high inflation is also making history, highest in 40 years.

On 11/29/2023 at 10:13 AM, illisdean said:

"Interviews with a diverse group of striking autoworkers and other voters in the critical battleground state of Michigan this week highlighted Biden’s troubles: Many of them had voted for him in 2020 and appreciate that he joined the picket line Tuesday. But several were frustrated with his handling of high prices and other economic issues — and not yet sold on voting for him again next year."

Tone Woods, a Black building trades worker from Detroit, said he is also undecided after voting for Biden in 2020. He attended Trump’s speech Wednesday in the Detroit area.

Gas is high. Inflation. So that’s why I’m stuck in the middle,” he said. He is considering Trump because “the economy was a little better when Trump was in office, to be honest with you.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/29/white-house-bidenomics-failure-00118949

Bidenomics_Politico.thumb.jpg.cf7efcddac2b30bbf45ea146bc618a14.jpg

Bidenomics high inflation is also making history, highest in 40 years.

Inflation in the US is dropping.

watch and learn.

I think you said that already, nothing to learn, it's quite obvious to a rational and casual observer except you.

A picture can speak "watch and learn" for you.

I'll help you out here...

Enjoy.

Bidenpolls_NOV10copy.thumb.jpeg.2b006df2d9e90da06dad5e6fbabd7dc5.jpegEnjoy.

Edited by illisdean