Trump calls for store robbers to be shot in speech to California Republicans

Social Media

I can understand trumps reaction.   After I watched a video on Instagram of these 2 guys in a convenience/ liquor store knelt down backs facing the videographer who were loading bottles into duffle bags and backpacks i got perm banned frim instagram because I posted you should be able to shoot guys like this. So should trump be banned from all platforms?   In my defense the store had many patrons in attendance and all did nothing and you could hear people calling the police, also the race was not evident for sure and I dont think race had any influence on my statement.  It was the first video of a crime like this I had seen and that was my gut reaction. 

Edited by Elkski
At that time i didnt carry and I still may or may not?

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

I can understand trumps reaction.   After I watched a video on Instagram of these 2 guys in a convenience/ liquor store knelt down backs facing the videographer who were loading bottles into duffle bags and backpacks i got perm banned frim instagram because I posted you should be able to shoot guys like this. So should trump be banned from all platforms?   In my defense the store had many patrons in attendance and all did nothing and you could hear people calling the police, also the race was not evident for sure and I dont think race had any influence on my statement.  It was the first video of a crime like this I had seen and that was my gut reaction. 

That’s trumps spiel in a nut shell he vocalizes the most base easy reaction to a given subject regardless of the laws or society gets his base riled up . the problem is it’s not practical unless it’s a country like n Korea or similar.the truth is it’s just some ignorant big mouth spouting off, just this particular big mouth had money and power that’s how he’s got away with it over the years.if your regular average guy flaps his yap like this they are usually ignored in polite company 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow! Kelly is not tender with Trump! ????

“What can I add that has not already been said?” Kelly said, when asked if he wanted to weigh in on his former boss in light of recent comments made by other former Trump officials. “A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’

Exclusive: John Kelly goes on the record to confirm several disturbing stories about Trump

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/02/politics/john-kelly-donald-trump-us-service-members-veterans/index.html

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

17 minutes ago, candide said:

Wow! Kelly is not tender with Trump! ????

“What can I add that has not already been said?” Kelly said, when asked if he wanted to weigh in on his former boss in light of recent comments made by other former Trump officials. “A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’

Exclusive: John Kelly goes on the record to confirm several disturbing stories about Trump

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/02/politics/john-kelly-donald-trump-us-service-members-veterans/index.html

Not in the least surprised lucid people have known this for quite some time,I’m glad mr Kelley has broken tradition and come forward ,mr trumps unfitness should cross party lines reject this abomination 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I think the definition of "shoplifting" is shifting from what I understood. Back when I was a kid, "shoplifting" meant sneakily lifting a chocolate bar or a pack of gum from a shop.  It did NOT mean breaking the windows/doors, trashing the place, and stealing bags full of merchandise.

I equate what is happening in many American cities to home invasions more than anything. The casual and wanton destruction of property for no purpose, the terrorizing of shop owners and their families, it goes beyond simple theft.  In these cases, I think that business owners have the right to defend their businesses as if they were defending their homes. That is, use deadly force if necessary to repel the invaders. 

FAFO would give some pause to the looters and vandals who assume they can get away with such wanton anti-social behavior.

They can get away with this anarchy because of the liberal city governments . If as is  the case the  police cannot control these  looting sieges - Then call in the national guard. Not saying anyone should be shot, just take away these miscreants.  Unbelievable that no one here seems to have a problem with these mass looting/invasions ???

2 minutes ago, morrobay said:

They can get away with this anarchy because of the liberal city governments . If as is  the case the  police cannot control these  looting sieges - Then call in the national guard. Not saying anyone should be shot, just take away these miscreants.  Unbelievable that no one here seems to have a problem with these mass looting/invasions ???

I think any non criminal has a problem with it, but when it's apparently CAUSED by the state government what can they do about it?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, heybruce said:

Perhaps Trump has turned against white people.  They make up 77.5% of shoplifters in the US, well above their percentage of the overall population.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104590/

Give me a break analyzing this until the cows come home for a PhD. Have you seen these mass store looting invasions on TV ??

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

20 hours ago, candide said:

Interesting article. Gun-friendly Texas is on top and California is not even among the highest larceny cases.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/232542/larceny-thefts-reported-in-the-us-by-state/

Screenshot_20231003-091904.png

Key words there...  REPORTED Larceny.

You don't figure that's because nobody in California bothers reporting thefts, because it's futile? 

Or that the vast majority of illegal immigrants cross over into Texas, with just the clothes on their backs and need to go "shopping" when they get there?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

If you're clueless then maybe best to not have an opinion  such as yours

Not clueless, as I've stated before I don't "watch" the news, I read the news.  I don't watch carefully selected video clips and assume they accurately portray the situation across the country, state, or even city. 

I'm sure there are problem areas, I don't think summary justice delivered by...I don't know, who do you think was suggesting should do the shooting?

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Key words there...  REPORTED Larceny.

You don't figure that's because nobody in California bothers reporting thefts, because it's futile? 

Or that the vast majority of illegal immigrants cross over into Texas, with just the clothes on their backs and need to go "shopping" when they get there?

Do you have any evidence that illegal immigrants, who have much more to lose if caught shoplifting than legal citizens, are doing a disproportionate share of the stealing?

8 hours ago, morrobay said:

Are not the law abiding leaving California in droves? The more that leave the less tax the 'government" will have to waste on being nice to criminals.

10 minutes ago, candide said:

As usual....

Illegal immigrants commit less crimes in Texas than born citizen

Quote:

We make use of uniquely comprehensive arrest data from the Texas Department of Public Safety to compare the criminality of undocumented immigrants to legal immigrants and native-born US citizens between 2012 and 2018. We find that undocumented immigrants have substantially lower crime rates than native-born citizens and legal immigrants across a range of felony offenses.

https://www.ojp.gov/library/publications/comparing-crime-rates-between-undocumented-immigrants-legal-immigrants-and

3 comments...

1) That study was done in 2020, just before Biden opened the floodgates.  The Larceny data is from 2021, after the floodgates opened.

2) The clearance rate on property crime runs about 15%.  Not hard to believe that criminals who live in the area are arrested more often than the ones just passin' through.  And that data is just about arrests.

3) The study is based on Texas DPS arrests.  Texas state cops don't really focus on property crime.  Mostly, that's local police.

And do you really trust data from a gub'ment that claims the border is closed, nothing to see here?  I've been in enough sales calls and management presentations to know that data can be sliced and diced to say pretty much whatever you want it to say.  Or not say, if you leave out the bad parts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

33 minutes ago, impulse said:

3 comments...

1) That study was done in 2020, just before Biden opened the floodgates.  The Larceny data is from 2021, after the floodgates opened.

2) The clearance rate on property crime runs about 15%.  Not hard to believe that criminals who live in the area are arrested more often than the ones just passin' through.  And that data is just about arrests.

3) The study is based on Texas DPS arrests.  Texas state cops don't really focus on property crime.  Mostly, that's local police.

And do you really trust data from a gub'ment that claims the border is closed, nothing to see here?  I've been in enough sales calls and management presentations to know that data can be sliced and diced to say pretty much whatever you want it to say.  Or not say, if you leave out the bad parts.

Of course, there are always research limitations.Yet you don't have any data to contradict it.

As mentioned by Heybruce, there is also a very logical explanation: if you are an illegal immigrant, the last thing you want is to be stupidly caught for shoplifting.

About your last claim, it is a peer-reviewed article, it was financed by a grant from Trump's DOJ. In 2019 and published in 2020.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

Of course, there are always research limitations.Yet you don't have any data to contradict it.

About your last claim, it is a peer-reviewed article, it was financed by a grant from Trump's DOJ. In 2019 and published in 2020.

Here's my data.  Texas has the highest rate of illegal immigration.  People who enter the country with nada.  Zip.  Just the clothes on their back.  Coincidentally (?) Texas also has the highest rate of larceny.

Some would call that a slam-dunk.

Anyone claiming it was ever Trump's DOJ just hasn't been following along.  He won't make the same mistake in 2025.

BTW, any response to my other theory that people just don't bother reporting larceny in California because it's futile?

• Love It 1

18 minutes ago, impulse said:

Here's my data.  Texas has the highest rate of illegal immigration.  People who enter the country with nada.  Zip.  Just the clothes on their back.  Coincidentally (?) Texas also has the highest rate of larceny.

Anyone claiming it was ever Trump's DOJ just hasn't been following along.  He won't make the same mistake in 2025.

BTW, any response to my other theory that people just don't bother reporting larceny in California because it's futile?

The response to your other theory is that the number of  reports is probably linked (in all States) to:

- the fact that robbers are seldom arrested (you made this claim about Texas),

- the possibility of having their insurance pay for it. In most cases, insurances companies may only pay for theft in case of property breach. Most retail linkage or theft probably don't fall into this category.

For these reasons (among others such as lack of time, etc...) It is likely that only thefts above a certain amount are reported in both States.

Edited by candide
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, impulse said:

Reply 2:

Not Trump's DOJ? Well , I was just parodising the right-wing. Not his DOJ then, nor Biden's DOJ now either.

But certainly not anti-Trump at that time as they were led by a Republican, at both the DOJ and the FBI.

Here are a few example of not being against Trump

Justice Department backed Trump strong-arm of House impeachment probe

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/21/justice-department-backed-trump-strongarm-house-impeachment-probe-101333

Judge Slams Barr for ‘Misleading’ on Mueller Report

https://www.courthousenews.com/judge-slams-barr-for-misleading-on-mueller-report/

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1