Defiant Trump turns up at $250m New York fraud trial to blast 'scam'

Social Media

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Updated November 10, 2023

Also Thursday (09NOV), Trump’s lawyers renewed their call to halt the trial at least until the appeals court makes a final decision on Engoron’s fraud finding. In court papers, they wrote that the judge had shown a “gross and open disregard for the integrity of the process” and was causing “mounting irreparable harm” for the defendants.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-letitia-james-fraud-trial-arthur-engoron-new-york-9b8ac3f485607b5aa95f35ab724efcd4

A performance for an audience of one.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A performance for an audience of one.

No. 5:

Troy K. Webber, Justice Presiding,
David Friedman
Lizbeth González
Manuel J. Mendez
Martin Shulman, Justices.

SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK APPELLATE DIVISION: FIRST DEPARTMENT (their caps)

On 11/13/2023 at 4:51 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Sort of like you guys calling your neighbors and fellow citizens "deplorables" and "nutters" because they have a different perspective than you do... pots calling the kettles black comes to mind.

Even if your comparison was valid, they aren't going to vote for a candidate who much such hateful statements a constant practice.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

No. 5:

Troy K. Webber, Justice Presiding,
David Friedman
Lizbeth González
Manuel J. Mendez
Martin Shulman, Justices.

SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK APPELLATE DIVISION: FIRST DEPARTMENT (their caps)

I'll assume you're feigning ignorance of who the onat person is. That this person is who they are aiming to please would explain why their appeals have such a poor record of success. 

• Sad 1

Some posts with unsubstantiated allegations and the replies contravening our Community Standards have been removed.  If you are unwilling or unable to provide links to the allegations, don't bother posting.  Also, as per the header of World News forum:

World News
Interesting, thought provoking and topical news stories from around the world. Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

I'll assume you're feigning ignorance of who the onat person is. That this person is who they are aiming to please would explain why their appeals have such a poor record of success. 

Whatever team Trump's prior record on appeals, it would only take one to overturn Judge Engoron's initial initial summary judgment fraud ruling -- and the first level NY State appellate court has yet to issue their opinion on that.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23991872/ny-ruling-on-trump-business-fraud.pdf

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Whatever team Trump's prior record on appeals, it would only take one to overturn Judge Engoron's initial initial summary judgment fraud ruling -- and the first level NY State appellate court has yet to issue their opinion on that.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23991872/ny-ruling-on-trump-business-fraud.pdf

If only Team Trump had a legal basis for an appeal......

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

If only Team Trump had a legal basis for an appeal......

Well the appeal has been filed and accepted by the mid-level NY State appeals court. Maybe they and then maybe even the high appeals court will agree with you. But they haven't as yet.

This is their stated legal basis for an appeal whether ultimately bona fide or not

image.png.1ef589577cb6344f9401ef6b2fff0e17.png

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You mean like Joe Biden standing on the union picket line?

Your man Trump focused on tax cuts for billionaires. How does that help working class people?

I don't remember Trump promising to not give tax cuts for billionaires. Perhaps you can refresh my memory.

I do remember him promising to build a wall, and lock her up, but his main appeal was his attacks on Washington ( the swamp ), as his base doesn't like Washington at all.

BTW, Biden on the picket line was IMO just a photo op. I doubt Joe has cared about the working class his entire political career, except at election time and sending them off to war.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

BAsically, this appeal challenges all of Engoron's judgements about fraud having been committed. Given that the evidence is so overwhelming to show fraud, this is just another Hail Mary Pass from Trump's lawyers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There’s MAGA logic for you.

Here's some more MAGA logic:

He (Biden) trails among Hispanic voters by 5 percentage points, 39%-34%; in 2020 he had swamped Trump among that demographic group 2 to 1, 65%-32%.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/01/01/biden-trump-poll-odds-black-hispanic-young-voters/72072111007/

Could it be that unfettered immigration isn't what they really want?  And not just pandering...  Whaddaya wanna bet that seeing numbers like this, the Dems may decide to finally close the border? 

• Haha 2

On 11/15/2023 at 4:41 PM, Danderman123 said:

Trump not only promised a billionaire tax cut, he enacted one.

As for Biden supporting working class people, he has done better than most presidents, and better than any president since LBJ.

Do you disagree?

I don't think Biden has done well on anything. IMO the southern border is a disaster ( wasn't Harris supposed to fix that? ), IMO the Afghan withdrawal was a fiasco, inflation isn't solved, I understand, IMO he is supporting a vile regime in the Middle East, IMO he is threatening to expand the war in the Middle East, apparently the national debt increases by leaps and bounds, IMO his policy on Ukraine is failing, despite wasting billions on it. If he's achieved anything, I'm not aware of it.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't think Biden has done well on anything. IMO the southern border is a disaster ( wasn't Harris supposed to fix that? ), IMO the Afghan withdrawal was a fiasco, inflation isn't solved, I understand, IMO he is supporting a vile regime in the Middle East, IMO he is threatening to expand the war in the Middle East, apparently the national debt increases by leaps and bounds, IMO his policy on Ukraine is failing, despite wasting billions on it. If he's achieved anything, I'm not aware of it.

R u not aware of the $7.5B Biden allocated for his promise of building 500,000 EV charging stations?

Reference to Report

BidenEVchargers_ZERObuilt.jpg.2dc8e72e46f90a996f03ec44af37e77a.jpg

Well there is an update: First EV charging Station open in Ohio

Biden green new deal hoax is a hoax at this point and Americans top concerns are economy and immigration / border security with climate near the bottom. Despite Bidens empty promises and failed delivery on his laughable green charade he's gone on to rip into the economy to it's detriment and create nothing short of a national and international crisis with his immigration disaster.

He's well on his way to ripping apart democracy as well and plans on creating his campaign strategy on "blame Trump for attacking democracy because I have failed on everything, including economy" since the reality is Biden has nothing else to run on except attacking, persecuting, indicting, jailing, removing form candidate ballots and so on against Trump. What a loser and failure. America deserves btter and they had it with Trump. But in all fairness, Trump did not build any EV charging stations to my knowledge because, well, he knows better, and has a brain that functions normally. I notice Biden did not bring up anything about impeachment, Biden crime family corruption and what China and other countries paid his family north of $20M with no discernible marketing exchange of goods and services except for influence peddling, Biden name brand influence and he did not bring up yesterday's DNC report on payments made to many of Trump's hotels and business's despite Raskin's tale of Trump is compromised nonsense. He  did not talk about how great the economy is and how secure the border is and his proxy war with RU and the US endgame strategy on that and did not focus on his miserable support for his ME policy failures. no mention of all his achievements since there are none and that's because everything Biden has touched becomes another failure

Edited by illisdean
  • Haha 1