Gunshot-Like Sounds Reported at Bangkok’s Shopping Mall

snoop1130

58 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

WHY??

Because they keep bringing on those daily VIOLENT soaps, since decades !!
Most locals think its NON fiction !

Not even talking about all those "killing" video/computer games.....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Oh, Bangkok is a dangerous place to live.

I used to live in Bangkok for 2 years way back in 2008-2009.

Then I relocated to Isaan province. The people over here are more open and more sincere.

Now I prefer a quiet life with my wife and children in the province.

The hustle and bustle of Bangkok is not what I want now.

Very interesting, but what has it to do with a sad occurrence in Bangkok.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Robbkk said:

Everybody with a phone triggers the metal detectors. They are useless.

And so are the security guards. I once stood outside the very entrance where video today showed people streaming from, and watched as many people went in the exit doors to avoid the scanners or just because they could, and the guard did absolutely nothing. Not unlike the MRT security guards who shine a torch for a nano second at a closed bag. It's a culture thing, as most Thais do not like confrontation. Not exactly a great qualification for a security guard, is it,

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

they literally have metal detectors at every entrance - how was he able to enter with a gun?!

You sometimes have to pass through them for malls and public transportation, but they long ago actually stopped checking in your bags (4 years ago?)  or checking clothes. Every time I go through it bleeps and I have never been stopped.

After this incident, they'll briefly improve security, and then after around 6 months it will lapse back to nothing. 

In any event, it's well known that "security theatre" (the performance and visibility of security for public consumption) doesn't actually work, and that the only effective measure is a very proactive system of recognising threats using CCTV and well trained anti-terror guards.

Edited by Gaccha

54 minutes ago, FunkOz said:

How can someone be an Incel at 14, I do not think you know what the word actually means, no doubt you throw woke around as well without knowing what it means?

There's some video footage on twitter of the kid surrendering.

Reminder you are posting on TVF. We are all expert keyboard warriors. You have too high expectations of us 555.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, NemoH said:

Heard the shooter was inspired by the US mass shooter - the one in army fatigues that carried a sub machine gun .. can’t remember which one but that is why the shooter also dressed in army fatigues. Mental problem 

Perfect. It’s all the bad foreigner’s influence. Ban USA social media.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Exactly what I was thinking - they literally have metal detectors at every entrance - how was he able to enter with a gun?!

Walk thru any of the metal detectors at these shopping malls they often beep but no action taken. they are there apparently for show. Have never been stopped my self even though may have had metal objects "cans etc". Expect a symbolic increase in checks in the future but will fade out soon as usual here.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

As an American, I always find myself boiling over and wanting to throw a smashing right to the chops of any American who gets out of line here. After all, the bad behavior of one American can cause others to be unfairly judged.

You are a foreigner in Thailand , we all look the same to them 

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

So sad for all involved. R.I.P

What drives a 14 year old kid to do this??

To throw away your life and your freedom for the foreseeable future especially at such a young age. ????

anger ... resentment ... family problems perhaps ... bullied ...   could be any one of these or a combination.   imo

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Wife is watching the Thai news right now and they said the shooter was behaving like another country which is known for these kinds of acts. I wonder which one that may be... ????

She probably means American ,because he was wearing a hat with the USA flag on it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Irish star said:

I was sitting in Terminal in Korat a few years ago , Deadly it was 

I live about 70 km from the site of the Kindergarten massacre by an ex Police in Nong Bualamphu province.

Killed more then 20 children around age 3.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3