Lazada or Shopee?

Lacessit

Just wanted to place an order on Shopee and found there was a 25% voucher available, which is only valid when Pay Later is activated.

No idea what that is, and sure I don't need a mortgage for a 400 baht item, but I clicked activate now.

To my surprise everything was in English, which is already a rarity with Shopee.

So I enter all the details, get to the final step, where a message in English says, sorry only available to Thai nationals.

So why everything to activate is in English, while everything else which foreigners have access to like support or reporting a seller is solely in Thai, when it is not available to foreigners?

No loss off course, it only shows how brain-dead those software developers of those platforms are

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2023 at 10:21 AM, lopburi3 said:

I found using G+ for logon for Lazada to be much easier than password - long before current issue (many have reported recent issue).  If you have a Google account you might try it.

As for Shopee used for many years as primary when they allowed bank transfer.  They no longer allow such payment and do not allow foreign cards to be used so have stopped using for most things.  In general Lazada shipment is a bit faster but otherwise Shopee has better search ability.  They both work well with specific limitations.  They both can have cowboys so close check of sellers is always important.

I used a foreign CC with them…

6 hours ago, NextG said:

I used a foreign CC with them…

Really?   Was this recent?  Have had both USAA debit and Chase credit (with Thai address) rejected by Shopee - both work fine with Lazada/Lotuss/Tops.  They still stay only banks within Thailand accepted on website:

1. Pay via credit/debit card.

Shopee supports payment via various credit/debit cards. issued by banks within Thailand

Edit:  did you use browser or a phone app?  I only use browser.

Edited by lopburi3

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Really?   Was this recent?  Have had both USAA debit and Chase credit (with Thai address) rejected by Shopee - both work fine with Lazada/Lotuss/Tops.  They still stay only banks within Thailand accepted on website:

Edit:  did you use browser or a phone app?  I only use browser.

Browser. Recently. I’m sure that I read somewhere that it’s an issue with cards from the ???????? 

Edited by NextG

26 minutes ago, BenStark said:

So if return warranty would be 1 day, that would mean zero?

I do understand what 7 days AFTER the parcel is delivered means

image.png.d2d66acc5be75043d29c71b6fb6eb868.png

It could mean company that sent confirms item returned intact?

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

obviously if you want to return need to decide day 1 or 2

7 days return so why would I need to decide day 1 or 2?

You have 7 days to initiate the return request, not 1 -2 or 6

Edited by BenStark

Depending where you are, always use the service that provides to purchase COD as the delivery service often is not at all reliable. There will always be people saying it went fine for them...well good for them, but make sure first with neighbours if it is the case in your area.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Shady Thailand practices, obviously you need to return an item way before the end date to avoid drama

We are talking about starting the return request, which is 7 days. After that seller get 3 days to approve or it get approved automatically.

Once approved you have 5 days to select shipping method, and if you select drop off you get another 3 days from when you selected to drop it off

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:
59 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You mean other than having to use the correct password ?? :giggle:

My password is stored in Bitwarden, it's correct. Troll someone else, smart@>se.

Don't get so tightly wound up...  it's just a pishtake.. 

Lazada / Shopee...   they are both just as good and bad as each other... 

As soon as something abnormal happens its a PITA to sort it out. 

I find Lazada easier to navigate than Shopee...  thats the only real difference IMO.

Years ago, I actually ended up just setting a second Lazada account because a repetitive niggle with the main account...   this is a viable solution if you have a working second e-mail. 

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:
59 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You mean other than having to use the correct password ?? :giggle:

My password is stored in Bitwarden, it's correct. Troll someone else, smart@>se.

I find Lazada easier to navigate than Shopee...  thats the only real difference IMO.

Years ago, I actually ended up just setting a second Lazada account because a repetitive niggle with the main account...   this is a viable solution if you have a working second e-mail. 

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't mind a joke at my expense. However, it does have to have some wit and originality.

I seem to be going OK by accessing via Google. Comparing prices on Shopee for my repeat orders.

One of my recurring orders is for Kelloggs' All-Bran, which is very good for regular bowel function. Perhaps I should be thanking guys like you for reducing my consumption.

Received another piece of crap from Shopee. An IR Illuminator which is claimed to illuminate 60 meters but in reality doesn't even cover 3 meters.

Started a return request, refund amount is 388 baht, then the seller insulted me by offering 10 baht if I closed the request.

And that is when I discovered this interesting detail.

Because the seller had the guts to insult me with the 10 baht offer, I wanted to give him some negative feedback.

Well as long as you haven't pressed "received the product" there is no option to give feedback, and neither is there an option to add feedback on returned orders.

So that is why you don't see much negative feedback on Shopee, and how they protect their sellers to the disadvantage of their customers.

Once you have confirmed you received the product, the money is released to the seller, and good luck then opening a return request and getting your money back