ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

44 minutes ago, Morch said:

That's a common misconception. Israel does not, generally, carry out indiscriminate bombings. That there are civilian casualties is a fact, but the way the attacks are carried is, for the most part, in accordance with international law. What you imagines the rules to be, and what they are, is not the same.

Are you trying to claim much of the Palestinian attack did not intentionally target unarmed civilians? With all the available horrid footage about? And taking pride in it too? Well well....

Didn't know international law allowed killing of children. Like these incidents:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/israeli-army-kills-teen-girl-west-bank-raid-palestinians-say-rcna61299

And here:

https://www.france24.com/en/middle-east/20230303-israeli-forces-kill-teenager-in-west-bank-says-palestinian-ministry

There are many, many more. There is even video of a teenage girl being taken to school by her father, targeted and killed by Israeli checkpoint soldiers....

But some will say they only defend themselves. From 14 year old girls.... huh!

Edited by SpaceKadet
added emphasis

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't actually insinuating anything about you personally, rather a general question to all that support Israeli attacks on civilians.

However, I'll put you on ignore, so I won't be saying anything personally about you again.

Where did you see 'support' for attacks? I was clarifying a fact you're unwilling to accept.

1 minute ago, SpaceKadet said:

Didn't know international law allowed killing of children. Like these incidents:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/israeli-army-kills-teen-girl-west-bank-raid-palestinians-say-rcna61299

And here:

https://www.france24.com/en/middle-east/20230303-israeli-forces-kill-teenager-in-west-bank-says-palestinian-ministry

There are many, many more. There is even video of a teenage girl being taken to school by her father, targeted and killed by Israeli checkpoint soldiers....

But some will say they only defend themselves. From 14 year old girls.... huh!

I guess you understand that the previous exchange related to air strikes vs. rocket attacks.

Nowhere did I say the IDF does not break international law at all times. The comment was with regards to a specific point. But you already knew that...

1 minute ago, Morch said:

I guess you understand that the previous exchange related to air strikes vs. rocket attacks.

Nowhere did I say the IDF does not break international law at all times. The comment was with regards to a specific point. But you already knew that...

What I'm trying to convey here, is that some posters call all Palestinians terrorists, but will justify all terrorist actions by IDF.

Israel will be asking the US for more aid and assistance.

I wonder if in some 'perfect' phone call, if Biden will link the release of aid to Israel first providing dirt on Biden's potential opponent?

Would that be an impeachable offense? Republicans have said it would not, at least that's what they used to say.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

Yet another lazy copy-paste post (think forum rules do not allow this, even).  The current attack was not on occupied territory, but in Israel.

And regardless of the nonsense quoted, my comment holds - there is no general Palestinian acceptance of peace (as in dropping claims for the whole of Israel, and ceasing violence) for territory.

IMG_4440.thumb.jpeg.454905dc58f3405f729af17462db7ddd.jpeg

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If I was born a Gazan, I'm pretty sure I'd be supporting anyone that wants to attack the Israelis. Do you have any idea what those unfortunate civilians suffer, or is it all right with you because they are just Palestinians?

Yes, but on the other hand if you were born an Israeli you would be normally supporting anybody that tries to stop terrorists from attacking Israeli innocent civilians, would that be a fair comment.????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

What I'm trying to convey here, is that some posters call all Palestinians terrorists, but will justify all terrorist actions by IDF.

You quoted my post. I have never claimed either of these things.

thaibeachlovers wrote:

"No it's not complicated at all. If I was living under occupation and collective punishment in my own country I'd want to strike back at the oppressors."

Gaza is not under occupation by Israel, and, clearly, Hamas and Iran have a different agenda. They like to tell everyone who wants to know that they want to eradicate the state of Israel and establish a fundamentalist Islamic regime there. Ironically, neither Muslim Israelis, nor Palestinians want that, otherwise the latter would have elected Hamas extremists like in Gaza...

Someone mentioned that you're from NZ. On my recent trip there, esp. on the South Island, I saw Ukrainian flags raised in support of that country. How about supporting the state of Israel this time too, and flying the Israeli flag?

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Gaza is not under occupation by Israel, and, clearly, Hamas and Iran have a different agenda. They like to tell everyone who wants to know that they want to eradicate the state of Israel and establish a fundamentalist Islamic regime.

Just for clarification , it was TBL who wrote the post that you replied to . (That often happens when you reply to a post that has been replied to and the quote gets attributed to the wrong poster)

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Morch said:

@MrMojoRisin

Williamson currently hosts the programme Palestine Declassified on the Iranian government-owned TV channel PressTV.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Williamson_(politician)

Not too many are brave enough to speak the truth, because if you do, you end up ostracised and on Iranian government owned TV.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Not too many are brave enough to speak the truth, because if you do, you end up ostracised and on Iranian government owned TV.

Working for an Iranian government owned TV outlet doesn't do a whole lot to bolster one's credibility.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

This is a thread is about a war which was caused by Palestinians' attacking unarmed civilians . Unarmed civilians are still being held hostage by Palestinians and you've turned it around to Israel attacking unarmed civilians .

Now, do you support the Hamas attacks on civilians ?

The cause can be debated with good arguments for both sides.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Maybe, but it certainly helps one avoid censorship on this particular topic.

A 'censorship' which exists in your mind, perhaps. There are no shortage of critical reports on Israel appearing in more respected venues. First there was another poster hailing the Qatari government owned Al Jazeera as 'objective', now the Iranian Press TV is touted as free. Try harder.

None of this, as well as you copy/paste pics is really on topic much.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Now we are talking about Palestinian attacks on unarmed civilians .

If and when Israel attacks unarmed civilians then we can talk about that in a separate thread 

You said "This is a thread is about a war which was caused by Palestinians' attacking unarmed civilians . ".

We're talking about a war, the cause of which can be debated . 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Iranian T.V only allows opinions that agree with the Iranian Governments views , there is no free speech or anything to do with any truths .

Iranian T.V give s platform to anti Semites , because they are also anti Semites .

It isn't a "truth" , its a hatred of a people based on their religious beliefs and some theories about Jews controlling the World, (or whatever they believe in) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1