ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

50 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Here's a law for you to read .

If a hospital is used for military purposes , then it non longer has protection from attack by the enemy and the attackers just need to give their enemy notice of their intention to bomb the hospital to make the attack legal 

Article 19 of the 1949 4th Geneva Convention applies.

The protection to which civilian hospitals are entitled shall not cease unless they are used to commit, outside their humanitarian duties, acts harmful to the enemy. Protection may, however, cease only after due warning has been given, naming, in all appropriate cases, a reasonable time limit and after such warning has remained unheeded.

Correct:

"Targeting  hospitals is specifically outlawed under the first Geneva Convention. But even the protection of hospitals is not absolute. If hospitals are “used to commit … acts harmful to the enemy,” then attacks on them may be permitted so long as they follow the rules of proportionality and precaution. "

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Correct:

"Targeting  hospitals is specifically outlawed under the first Geneva Convention. But even the protection of hospitals is not absolute. If hospitals are “used to commit … acts harmful to the enemy,” then attacks on them may be permitted so long as they follow the rules of proportionality and precaution. "

I have just been reading that Hamas has its headquarters below a hospital, whether true or not it would not surprise me in the least if they did.

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

I have just been reading that Hamas has its headquarters below a hospital, whether true or not it would not surprise me in the least if they did.

Yes read that and saw the video presentation as well. Its posted a few pages back

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

In that case, destroying their HQ would be significant enough in most cases to permit targeting it.

Just now, Wobblybob said:

If its good enough for Hamas to bomb Palestinian hospitals it should be good enough for the Israelis.

It’s all about proportionality for the Israeli’s  who don’t want to commit war crimes.  Hamas on the other hand are terrorists.  Terrorists are not generally known for following the law..

6 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

It’s all about proportionality for the Israeli’s  who don’t want to commit war crimes.  Hamas on the other hand are terrorists.  Terrorists are not generally known for following the law..

Exactly, Hamas needs culling, I'm glad you agree

47 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Yes they do, they've even given the land a name - Israel.

I suggest you write your government and demand they severe relations.

While on it, file another complaint about....

Australia lists all of Hamas as a terrorist group

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/australia-lists-all-hamas-terrorist-group-2022-03-04/

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

In that case, destroying their HQ would be significant enough in most cases to permit targeting it.

I should think not.

And at any rate, a very bad PR move, even if they 'don't care' about civilian casualties.

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

They would just claim it was a failed Hamas rocket 😉

Well, you noticed that the incident referred to was analyzed and researched by several Western intel services (and let's not forget the might NYT!). So maybe in this sense, the world is watching. 

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

They would just claim it was a failed Hamas rocket 😉

Aaaaaaaaaaah, your agenda is showing, tut, tut...........:whistling:

But, you have chosen the one thing that has been proven to be a Hamas lie, your chums...........Back in the cave for you, JBC......:spamsign:

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Well, you noticed that the incident referred to was analyzed and researched by several Western intel services (and let's not forget the might NYT!). So maybe in this sense, the world is watching. 

He forgot..................😂

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I'm just looking at the possible outcome. If IDF ground forces go in; Hezbollah will get involved. Or so they say. Then all hell will break loose.

All hell may depend on things like whether Iran's unstoppable hypersonic missiles work any better than Russia's, which were all shot down by aging Patriot missiles. Gerald R Ford likely has better ones. But any shooting between Iran and the West would be real bad. 

Edited by rabas

34 minutes ago, transam said:

Aaaaaaaaaaah, your agenda is showing, tut, tut...........:whistling:

But, you have chosen the one thing that has been proven to be a Hamas lie, your chums...........Back in the cave for you, JBC......:spamsign:

33 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Stop that nonsense , it WAS a failed Hammas rocket that hit the Gaza hospital 

Palestinians were the dishonest liars claiming that it was an Israeli rocket that hit the hospital 

33 minutes ago, transam said:

He forgot..................😂

Lighten up guys, that was humour, hence the 😉

Transman, I thought you would’ve got that being British and claiming you have a sense of humour, even though you’re taste in cars is questionable

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Lighten up guys, that was humour, hence the 😉

Transman, I thought you would’ve got that being British and claiming you have a sense of humour, even though you’re taste in cars is questionable

It's "transam", I don't know why you chaps can't remember how to spell it, but then again, I do wonder about some posts.......:huh:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

Well past that, Israel have now exterminated 7,700 in Gaza, including 3,000 children. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/inside-story/2023/10/27/what-trauma-do-children-suffer-in-israels-war-on-gaza#:~:text=More than 3%2C000 children have,according to Palestinian health authorities.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, rabas said:

All hell may depend on things like whether Iran's unstoppable hypersonic missiles work any better than Russia's, which were all shot down by aging Patriot missiles. Gerald R Ford likely has better ones. But any shooting between Iran and the West would be real bad. 

What would Iran gain from getting involved in war right now?

The economy would collapse. The populace even more restive.

Their pet toy in Lebanon would be crushed.

Both bad for a regime focused first and foremost on survival and maintaining power.

On the gains front there's little of real value - other than prestige and posturing.

If they can spin it somehow as to be able to claim some 'win' etc. it should be enough.

Doubt they will directly interfere on behalf of Hamas.

Harassing Israel and USA forces by supported outfits, yes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Isn't a shame Hamas/Gaza started something they could never finish, well isn't it Neeranam...?

After all, the numbers you call up are 100% your chums doing, you start a war, you must be able to finish it, eh, Neeranam.............?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why would I agree with that rubbish claim that the IDF are state sponsored murderers. So as before trolling for amusement. 

Talking about me trolling whatever that is, you have got a sense of humour or you would not be posting your standard responses that disagree with your side. II have no side, I only look for peace and love.

Nothing changes the IDF are murdering innocent civilians exactly the same as Hamas did on the 7th, except they did it up front and personnel as terrorists bastards do, may they rot in hell or all their virgins have the clap.

It's a War, both sides are as bad as one another for taking lives to further both their useless causes, they must either live together or die fighting.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Talking about me trolling whatever that is, you have got a sense of humour or you would not be posting your standard responses that disagree with your side. II have no side, I only look for peace and love.

Nothing changes the IDF are murdering innocent civilians exactly the same as Hamas did on the 7th, except they did it up front and personnel as terrorists bastards do, may they rot in hell or all their virgins have the clap.

It's a War, both sides are as bad as one another for taking lives to further both their useless causes, they must either live together or die fighting.

Ooooh, so now it's your peace and love ............Bwaaaaaaaah, though a good excuse as any, I suppose........😂

But you forgot, Israel had nothing to do with the attack from Gaza, Israelis were doing what normal people do, have a bit of fun and live their lives...You forgot all that...

Edited by transam
  • Like 2

Just now, Morch said:

From my post: "neither particularly informed nor objective."

Entirely up to you if you want to display ignorance and bias, of course.

You manage to do it quite well, I quite enjoy reading your informed objective posts, as long as they support Israel and ignore any other positions.

• Haha 1

Back on topic after the trolls have disrupted the thread yet again. How many warnings does Israel have to give before they get the message?

Israeli forces reissue call for civilians in Gaza to move south
Israeli army spokesperson Daniel Hagari has issued an "urgent plea" to the citizens of northern Gaza and Gaza city to move south "immediately".

He adds that Hamas puts their lives in danger by placing weapons in civilian areas, and that Israel will not forget the group's brutal 7 October attacks.

"Your window to act is closing," Hagari warns. "Move south for your own safety."

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1