ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

1 minute ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Firstly, the insecurity you display in your first paragraph, by suggesting that if more than one person voices an opinion contrary to your own, that they must be in cahoots, is something I cannot help you with.

Secondly, I did not say that Israel stops to allow hostage negotiations, so please only reply to something I have said, rather than pretending that I said something that fits the narrative that you want to reply to.

I am unashamedly pro-Israel in this conflict, and I loathe and despise Hamas, Hezbollah, and every other terrorist organisation with my every fibre; they epitomise one of mankind’s most appalling traits, cowardice.

That notwithstanding, if by some third party negotiation, the lives of the many hostages, of many different nationalities can be saved, then I support it. I trust the Israeli government and the IDF to make the best, but inevitably never perfect decisions, to continue their aim to eradicate Hamas while still doing everything in their power to secure the safety of the hostages; something your destruction of Gaza policy seems to give little consideration to.     

I think Morch can speak for and defend himself - which he did - you dont need to answer for him.

But I take your points - I have decided to agree to disagree with him.

Glad to hear you are rational - Israel should and will destroy Hamas.  Saving any of the hostages will be a bonus, but should not be their main aim, because that is why Hamas took them - to 'hide behind' - like they do with Gaza civilians.  I saw an interview today with a Hamas leader from a few weeks ago, and he was asked - 'why did you spend 15-20 years building tunnels for your fighters, but you refuse to let civilians use them when Israel bombs their buildings, os why dont you build bomb shelters for the  Gaza civilians.  His answer ws a bunch of rubbish about the fighters being protected so they can fight for their unholy cause, and when pushed again aboutbuilding bomb shelters, he replied that it was up to the UN to protect civilians from Israel bombings (by making Israel stop).  They are truly evil and inhuman and they should be eradicated from the Earth. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thorgal said:

As per your binary (quantitative analysis) observation this would be called "a massacre", while people like me have more tendency to go for qualitative analysis based on more consistent constant factors and variables. Qualitative analysis can be produced with a minimum of intelligence and intellectual competency.

The combatant kill ratio statistics that I had in mind was based on previous conflicts/incursions  is more or less 1 (IDF) to 20 (Hamas). The experience and equipment of IDF is also contributing to higher Palestinian causalities, whatever the duration and intensity of the conflict.

I agree that "replacements" will be needed at Palestinian side, but the critical path of +/-40.000 Hamas soldiers has not yet been reached and I doubt if Hezbollah/Houthi/Iran Quds/... will do nothing to compensate this critical path in Gaza.

Yeh, riiight, oh, and I see you have done your homework, can you get a Hamas application form online, I think they have internet now, but hurry, you maybe unlucky......:cowboy:

12 minutes ago, simple1 said:

When did Hamas attack the power station in Israel providing power for Gaza? Power is running out on local infrastructure within Gaza due to insufficient fuel because of the Israeli blockade. Israel has promised fuel supply for hospitals, but I guess would be extremely difficult to monitor so may not occur. Unsure if Egypt would step up.

Clarity on the legal issues concerning War Crimes is provided below:

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/menasource/hamas-israel-war-crimes/

Heya, that was on the first or second day. It was linked somewhere near the start of the topic. Production was disrupted for a few hours, and following that the relevant minister issued an order to cut the Strip's electricity supply.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Really have to laugh, Hamas supporters pointing fingers at others and accusing them of war crimes , whilst Hamas is currenty committing war crimes (by holding hostages).

"Looks its them , not us " 🙂 

Hamas committed numerous  war crimes , Israel is engaging in a war with those war criminals 

You can lie all you like, but you cannot change the facts and reality .

I'm glad you still can laugh, or you just forced yourself to mimic a laugh.

Posters like me are not accusing Israel of war crimes. Even the French lawyer is not accusing Israel of war crimes...

It's only the State of Palestine that can accuse Israel of any war crimes, genocide, ethnic cleansing etc.

The ICC prosecutor will have to investigate after 09/11/2023 and the ICC judge will decide much later the verdict, if any.

Why always trying to drag AN posters in decisions or conflicts that happen on another level, continent,...

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

October 7 th 2023, give or take a day or two 

Our Hamas supporters  celebrated the victory , its on the first few pages of this thread if you want to have a look 

Thanks. Reference is to the Rutenberg power station which only provides 15% of Israeli power requirements, no mention of supplying Gaza. In any case the Israelis cut off power supply to Gaza. IMO collective punishment which is contrary to the Rules of War and no I am not a supporter of Hamas. BTW about time you ceased such comment regards other members of the forum and other false assumptions.

2 minutes ago, candide said:

Ooops! My mistake!

When I searched with a the quote on Google, I only found the drawing. He seems to be quite competent.

You're welcome Mr Candide.

I've no problem to share this competent and honest man (impartial sometimes) his experience and views here on AN.

I've no problem that other posters disagree with me.

At least we can agree that we disagree...

• Thumbs Up 1

Former Mossad head: Chase down Iranians involved in Oct. 7 attacks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/former-mossad-head-chase-down-iranians-involved-in-oct-7-attacks/ar-AA1ja2qb

Some comments from former Mossad chief, Cohen - interesting take on Iran's involvement, what the Israeli government is doing and should to, plus the negotiation/hostages issue.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Yeh, riiight, oh, and I see you have done your homework, can you get a Hamas application form online, I think they have internet now, but hurry, you maybe unlucky......:cowboy:

Hamas application form ?

The French NATO general pointed also that IDF intel inside Gaza is very poor. They have no Hamas collaborators and most of the population has no affinity at all with Israel.

The 7 October Hamas operation was successful due to stealth (online + underground - lit/fig) operations and trainings.

Expecting to find any Hamas online application form is euh...very optimistic...

• Sad 2