Teen Shooter’s Dad Bows At The Feet Of Myanmar Victim’s Mother

webfact

Just now, jacko45k said:

She took it I believe. I think you are being harsh... he made some attempt at contrition, in a way usual in this part of the world. Have we seen similar from the Red Bull owners?

Were the families of the Tak Bai massacre and the war on drugs compensated?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Without the shooter there IS NO story!

Even with the shooter it's not much of a story anyway, just another day of senseless violence in Thailand being reported to enhance the bottom line. 

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

You can't shift the blame onto the parents.

Last I checked, there is no manual on how to raise kids, as a parent, you have choices, let them grow and find out things for themselves to survive, or try and guide them best you can without causing them too much brain damage.

In my opinion, there is a fine line in raising kids, and if they turn out as good people, all and good, job done, that's all we can ask for, if they end up on drugs, become gamblers, and abusers of women, then we cannot blame ourselves as having failed, that would be too easy.

I believe the gesture the father did with the mother of one of the victims is a cultural thing, besides, he did what he felt was right, who are we to judge him, as he is suffering as well, besides the money will assist the mother going forward as I am sure her daughter would have provided for her.

Maybe, just maybe you would prefer he didn't attend to show his remorse for his son's actions, and not offer her some compensation to assist her moving forward albeit it we all know it won't bring her daughter back.

I think you need to have a good long and deep look into yourself, too much anger bottled up in you, but then again, you own that, deep breath, more compassion as opposed to anger and judgement.

Overall a good reply, however I would be prepared to discuss

"you can't shift the blame onto the parents". Poor parenting usually  results in poor outcome, likewise good parenting usually results is a good outcome, however the opposite can and does occur. 

So who do you congratulate of criticize, the parents or their off-spring? 

Anyone posting sad or confused emoji to this comment need to sit back and have a serious look at themselves. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

You can't shift the blame onto the parents.

Are you sure? What has come out so far doesn't seem to indicate a troubled child being closely monitored by his parents since he apparently didn't live with them and had all the kit in his room to manufacture home-made guns. Is there not a minimum amount of oversight and supervision one should have with one's child? If they had such wealth as to own multiple homes in Bangkok, did they use it to ensure the best outcome occurred or did they just sweep things that were happening that were disturbing under the rug?

We don't know the answers yet, but I sure am not ready to absolve the parents of any responsibility without those details.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Totally disagree with your comment re good/bad parenting.

My mother treated both my sister and I the same .

I respect the law, never hit people (especially women) and try to be polite to everyone.

My sister is a criminal. Wanted by the police and when I caught her stealing cash from our mother and grandmother I kicked her out of the house. We never saw her again.

Some people just grow up bad. It is usually from the people that they mix with. Social media now is a BIG influence on kids.

People forget the innocent victims of crimes like this one. Parents, siblings, children etc.

I am not judging this kid's parents, but they will be hurting as well. Not the same as the family of the poor women who died, but they will still be hurting.

Did you actually read what I said, carefully? 

Edited by Artisi

58 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Overall a good reply, however I would be prepared to discuss

"you can't shift the blame onto the parents". Poor parenting usually  results in poor outcome, likewise good parenting usually results is a good outcome, however the opposite can and does occur. 

So who do you congratulate of criticize, the parents or their off-spring? 

Anyone posting sad or confused emoji to this comment need to sit back and have a serious look at themselves. 

There is a such thing as the art of parenting, and it has become a lost art for 90% of the world's parents. 

• Thumbs Up 2