12 Thais may have been killed in Hamas attack in Israel

webfact

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I would say working on a kubutz farm on Illegibly occupied land stolen by the Israelis.

No. Most (or even all, I'm not 100% sure about that) work on cites within Israel, not the West Bank. You're either conflating areas, not aware of geography, or pushing an extremist view that Israel's entire existence is illegal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

It is generally accepted that there are over 300,000 foreign workers in Israel, among whom 200,000 are illegal migrant workers who can face deportation at any moment under the Entry to Israel Law and other legislation.

They do not actually get deported much, though. There are legal complications etc.

3 hours ago, Frankie baby said:

Israel are now going to do what they always wanted, take out Hamas & bomb the s--t out of Hezbollah. The only difference this time around is that they will have UN & international backing. For the sake of the hostages we can only hope that international pressure holds the Israelis at bay why some sort of diplomacy can be established in order to get as many hostages free before they kick-off?   

Israel could have tried to 'take out' Hamas on any given time. Didn't happen. Not even when it was Netanyahu's elections slogan in 2008. And while it may wish to 'take out' Hezbollah, doubtful it's possible (or excusable, given no major conflagration).

There is, presently and for a very time frame, international sympathy and nominal support. A few days of Gaza under bombing and the trend will no doubt shift.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Fairly normal? So people should just accept it when someone wants to grab their land and make them second rate citizens? How do you feel about Russia invading Ukraine?

People should accept that posting simplistic partisan 'historical' views doesn't make them true.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If they were taken accidentally, they would have better prospects. As in my previous post I don't know if they were targetted intentionally or not.

In the past when the Hamas terrorists have taken hostages it was very few people and they demanded a massive price for release.

With so many hostages now, we're in an unprecedented zone, and it's very hard to predict the odds of hostage survival.

They will of course be spread out and used as human shields.

That's how Hamas rolls.

So if you're religious probably time to pray for them.

I'd say, more than any other Asians, Hamas are looking for Filipinos as the Philippines was the only Asian country that supported (and voted for) the establishment of Israel in 1948. They're also the biggest group of Asian foreigner workers in Israel. Filipinos also have visa-free entry into Israel for up to 3 months. It could be a case of mistaken identity.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I could be wrong but my impression is that Pinoys in Israel are mostly involved as health carers in Israeli cities while Thais are mostly in agricultural work so more Thais would be in southern Israel.

I don't know why either nationality would be targeted by the Hamas terrorists.

I already mentioned a possible reason. Nobody knows anything for sure - we're just theorizing.

9 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Either Israel completely destroys Palestine or the other way around.

The thing that gets me is that as a US citizen apparently Israel is my "greatest ally" and we owe them unlimited military support in the form of US tax dollars (yay!). I can't even think of a single thing Israel ever did to directly help America. IMO the US government is completely captured by Zionists (Jews and Christians alike) and they will continue to fund Israel (with my tax dollars) until the ultimate destruction of Palestine.

What do you mean Israel doesn't help the US? They are the guards of the edge of earth. Without them keeping guard you would probably go look beyond and fall into the abyss. You should say thank you!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Morch said:

As a US citizen you ought to know that the US gives Israel a 3$ Billion annually (give or take). That's a lot, but not unlimited. Further, this aid is in fact a sort of subsidy. These funds can be used to Buy American. So, in fact, some of the main beneficiaries are US arms producers, and workers therein. A lot of the lobbying for this comes from them Congressmen and Senators in relevant areas. Write them.

Great so it's welfare to a sovereign nation and the military industrial complex. Not like we have millions of people living on the streets or anything so who cares.

• Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Great so it's welfare to a sovereign nation and the military industrial complex. Not like we have millions of people living on the streets or anything so who cares.

I do not disagree. But I think you're barking up the wrong tree. Can't see congressmen and senators in relevant areas angering backers, and losing support from possibly disgruntled workers. It's not very different from other instances in the US political system.

13 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Israel is usually pretty good with surveillance.  It may be possible to identify the losers who killed the Thais, capture them, and extradite the killers to Thailand.

A life sentence in a Thai prison seems like a reasonable outcome.

Compared to living in Gaza? They might see it as a vacation...

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Pig with green headband points AK at tied up Thais and people are whining and protesting about poor misunderstood peaceable Palestinians ????

Exactly the cowards need to be destroyed real brave people attacking unarmed kids and women , barbarian only understand violence and death so give it to them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Israel is usually pretty good with surveillance.  It may be possible to identify the losers who killed the Thais, capture them, and extradite the killers to Thailand.

There is no capturing and extradition when it comes to coward terrorist's who kidnap infants and the elderly. A bullet to the head of the scumbags seems like a more reasonable outcome.

Edited by nightfox

14 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Looking in though it does seem it’s the usual “peaceful” lot kicking off yet again. Putting aside history as if you don’t nothing in this world will get resolved, how can people shout “God is Great” whilst killing???  I’m back in the UK right now in my home city of Bristol  in a woke student area , the kind of area that has Lenin posters up and join the communist party etc etc. So I’m sure there’s gunna be the usual feel sorry for Palestine march in the coming days with a load of deluded students waving Palestinian flags and crusty old Che Guevara fantasists leading it.  

Already have hundreds of Palestinian / Hamas supporters marching through Sydney last night.

Police warned any Jewish people or their supporters to STAY OUT OF THE CITY!  

The world's gone mad!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Surveillance wasn't too hot on Saturday morning. I don't understand how it has improved since then to the extent that Hamas operatives can be identified in a city reduced to rubble by a bombing campaign.

14 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Fairly normal? So people should just accept it when someone wants to grab their land and make them second rate citizens? How do you feel about Russia invading Ukraine?

I didn't say I accept it, I said it was a fairly normal thing to happen - a completely different subject.

As for Russia /Ukraine, I think the Ruskies should <deleted> off, for Israel / Hamas, they have ever right to wipe out Hamad after the massacre of so many innocent civilians that were targeted.