Police Order Security Upgrade, Strengthen Surveillance of Foreigners Entering Thailand

webfact

I know it's wishful thinking, but at the very least, I hope they have facial recognition technology that can match faces from the horrendous Hamas photos and videos, and catch any of them trying to enter Thailand.

I'm forecasting a massive grass roots interweb effort to go through those photos and vids to publish those faces.  One of the things the interweb was just made for...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tosakit is a rather pathetic attempt to translate the name of police chiefTorsak Sukvimol.  I don't know how they got that from ต่อศักดิ์ which has a silent mark over the "di" at the end which would be Torsakdi, if it didn't.  Some Thais just write down the first thing that comes into their heads when they transliterate names of other Thais without regard for how the name is pronounced or how the owner spells it in English themselves.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Additionally, the Tourist Police are directed to intensify their efforts ensuring the safety of travelers in every aspect.

would be nice if some of them would learn how to speak a foreign language, that would help communicating with foreigners, that I would considered as an improvement on their part, otherwise much of the same same blablabla and no changes

• Like 2

4 hours ago, greg71 said:

Well its not "Joke" its actually "Jok" as in rice porridge , it seems to be the westerners who are confused about his actual nic name . 

hear some locals saying his name and it sounded very much like "yoke"  555

My security checks so far have been ''why is there a teddy bear in your luggage''  ''where are you flying to today sir?''  and ''You teach English?  Why you don speak Thai???''  Lets hope the big questions keep coming for the sake of security.

Edited by Chris Daley
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, impulse said:

I know it's wishful thinking, but at the very least, I hope they have facial recognition technology that can match faces from the horrendous Hamas photos and videos, and catch any of them trying to enter Thailand.

I'm forecasting a massive grass roots interweb effort to go through those photos and vids to publish those faces.  One of the things the interweb was just made for...

including Netanyoohoo................using israeli software like China and other totalitarian regimes................

• Confused 2