Gaza 'soon without fuel, medicine and food' - Israel authorities

Social Media

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

https://www.britannica.com/place/Palestine

Palestine, area of the eastern Mediterranean region, comprising parts of modern Israel and the Palestinian territories of the Gaza Strip (along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea) and the West Bank (west of the Jordan River).

The term Palestine has been associated variously and sometimes controversially with this small region, which some have asserted also includes Jordan. Both the geographic area designated by the name and the political status of it have changed over the course of some three millennia. The region (or at least a part of it) is also known as the Holy Land and is held sacred among Jews, Christians, and Muslims. Since the 20th century it has been the object of conflicting claims of Jewish and Arab national movements, and the conflict has led to prolonged violence and, in several instances, open warfare.

The word Palestine derives from Philistia, the name given by Greek writers to the land of the Philistines, who in the 12th century BCE occupied a small pocket of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza. The name was revived by the Romans in the 2nd century CE in “Syria Palaestina,” designating the southern portion of the province of Syria, and made its way thence into Arabic, where it has been used to describe the region at least since the early Islamic era. After Roman times the name had no official status until after World War I and the end of rule by the Ottoman Empire, when it was adopted for one of the regions mandated to Great Britain; in addition to an area roughly comprising present-day Israel and the West Bank, the mandate included the territory east of the Jordan River now constituting the Hashimite Kingdom of Jordan, which Britain placed under an administration separate from that of Palestine immediately after receiving the mandate for the territory.

Palestine seems to have been around for about 1200 years BCE, 

BCE = Common Era (CE) and Before the Common Era (BCE) are year notations for the Gregorian calendar the world's most widely used calendar era.

The British mandate contained Palestine  and TransJordan, which was East of the Jordan River.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

They were called "Arabs" by the Jews. Or "Palestinian Arabs".

You are using revionist history to make them disappear.

Bull.

It's a fact that that identity was created for political reasons in response to Israel.

Acknowledging facts doesn’t make anyone dissappear.

As far as dissappearing people, it's Hamas and much of the Arab side that want to exterminate Jews. Witness what just happened.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Bull.

It's a fact that that identity was created for political reasons in response to Israel.

Acknowledging facts doesn’t make anyone dissappear.

As far as dissappearing people, it's Hamas and much of the Arab side that want to exterminate Jews. Witness what just happened.

Whatever you want to call them, they have been there in great numbers for a long time.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, xylophone said:

That's a possible scenario tgw, but until we know for certain, it's still a bit of a mystery.

I notice that I got a bit of pushback to my post, however I wasn't trying to defend any actions from any side, other than to point out that both sides are culpable and capable of inflicting horrific injuries on each other, by whichever means they are perpetrated.

When hatred gets to the point it has, the outcome is inevitable. Seen before so many times, more recently in Rwanda.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I no longer want to see your vile posts so off to ignore with you.

If you put posters on ignore anyway (I've no doubt you can't resist taking a pick, though), what's the point of broadcasting it?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2023 at 2:57 PM, impulse said:

Simple statistics tell us there's a bunch of 6 year old Palestinian kids living in Gaza.  Do they deserve to be killed?  What about unarmed teenage Palestinian girls?

They can take their anger out on Hamas.  Israelis are the effect, not the cause.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2023 at 6:25 PM, billd766 said:

Shame on Egypt?

How about shame on the Israeli governments over the decades for all their attempts at genocide and the absolutely complete control over a population who are fighting to regain what they once had. their own country which was, and still is, being stolen from them on a daily basis. 

An even bigger shame on the western countries who support Israel and have done for decades.

And an even bigger shame on the warmongering governments of Israel for doing it coldly, deliberately and with malice aforethought

Every living member of the Knesset should stand before the international court in the Hague, where the Germans stood in the courtroom at Nuremberg, and be accused of war crimes and genocide.

So you suport the beheading of children  Shame on you

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2023 at 7:01 PM, tgw said:

I'd be interested in knowing how many Jews and how many Arabs were present in the area in 1947.

Are you interested in knowing how many Jews that year were in Baghdad, Cairo, Damascus? How many are there now?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

You are a Hamas suporter  Israelis are the effect, not the cause.

I am not sure how or why you made the jump from my post to being a Hamas supporter and that I support the beheading of children as I cannot read your mind.

Nonetheless I will try to fathom that out later, if I can be bothered.

I support MOST  countries whose people suffer on a daily basis by an oppressive warmongering  government such as Israel has now.

Benjamin Netanyahu made a statement that ALL male supporters of Hamas are to be killed. He and his government  that the illegal land sea and air blockade of the Gaza strip will be reinforced.

That means no food, water, electricity, money, travel, medicine and anything else the HE decides to block.

That means that every man woman and yes child will die, just for his vanity.

He seems to care nothing about the human rights of the Palestinian people or that Israel, under HIS leadership will be committing genocide.

And then you accuse me of supporting the beheading of children.  Shame on you.

Yet you support a government hell bent on committing genocide.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I am not sure how or why you made the jump from my post to being a Hamas supporter and that I support the beheading of children as I cannot read your mind.

Nonetheless I will try to fathom that out later, if I can be bothered.

I support MOST  countries whose people suffer on a daily basis by an oppressive warmongering  government such as Israel has now.

Benjamin Netanyahu made a statement that ALL male supporters of Hamas are to be killed. He and his government  that the illegal land sea and air blockade of the Gaza strip will be reinforced.

That means no food, water, electricity, money, travel, medicine and anything else the HE decides to block.

That means that every man woman and yes child will die, just for his vanity.

He seems to care nothing about the human rights of the Palestinian people or that Israel, under HIS leadership will be committing genocide.

And then you accuse me of supporting the beheading of children.  Shame on you.

Yet you support a government hell bent on committing genocide.

"Benjamin Netanyahu made a statement that ALL male supporters of Hamas are to be killed. He and his government  that the illegal land sea and air blockade of the Gaza strip will be reinforced."

Is that actually what he said? "ALL male supporters"? Must have missed this particular phrase - any chance for a link?

The blockade on Gaza is upheld by Egypt as well. Egypt could easily nullify Israel's sanctions. Egypt chooses to do otherwise. Not much comment on this form you, usually. The current, harsher, restrictions will not be in place until all Gazans die, as your hysterical post implies. In this as well, no criticism whatsoever vs. Hamas - who clearly knew this was coming and did not prepare for the benefit of the populace. Guess it's acceptable when the Hamas uses Gazan suffering as negotiation coin, but not so if Israel does it.

I doubt that at his moment, Palestinian human rights are foremost in their concerns, for most Israelis. Unless you missed it, Israel just experienced a terrorist attack of greater magnitude than 9/11.

Genocide would imply much less Palestinians around. Somehow, the Palestinian population steadily grows year by year. Maybe find another bogus word?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Gaza can get the water, food, and electricity turned back on, according to Israel. All they need to do is release the hostages. 

BTW do you have a link for that?

It looks as though it came via The Guardian.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gaza+can+get+the+water%2C+food%2C+and+electricity+turned+back+on%2C+according+to+Israel.&rlz=1C1CHBF_enTH1026TH1026&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Israel has said there will be no humanitarian break to its siege of the Gaza Strip until all its hostages are freed, amid growing concern over dwindling water, food and fuel supplies after a fifth night of bombardment.

There is much more in the link.

The energy minister, Israel Katz, wrote on social media that no “electrical switch will be turned on, no water hydrant will be opened and no fuel truck will enter” until the “abductees” are free.

It does not appear to be the official government line.

And dfo you believe the words of the energy minister, Israel Katz, or Netanyahu, the IDF and the Israeli government?

How about this link from the BBC news website 12 hours ago.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67082351

14 minutes ago, billd766 said:

BTW do you have a link for that?

It looks as though it came via The Guardian.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gaza+can+get+the+water%2C+food%2C+and+electricity+turned+back+on%2C+according+to+Israel.&rlz=1C1CHBF_enTH1026TH1026&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Israel has said there will be no humanitarian break to its siege of the Gaza Strip until all its hostages are freed, amid growing concern over dwindling water, food and fuel supplies after a fifth night of bombardment.

There is much more in the link.

The energy minister, Israel Katz, wrote on social media that no “electrical switch will be turned on, no water hydrant will be opened and no fuel truck will enter” until the “abductees” are free.

It does not appear to be the official government line.

And dfo you believe the words of the energy minister, Israel Katz, or Netanyahu, the IDF and the Israeli government?

How about this link from the BBC news website 12 hours ago.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67082351

So, when it suits you believe Netanyahu's words, and when it doesn't you don't?

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

Are you interested in knowing how many Jews that year were in Baghdad, Cairo, Damascus? How many are there now?

I'll gladly take any reliable figures you have, especially those about the territories under British mandate in 1947 or when it was turned over to UN.

4 hours ago, Morch said:

"Benjamin Netanyahu made a statement that ALL male supporters of Hamas are to be killed. He and his government  that the illegal land sea and air blockade of the Gaza strip will be reinforced."

Is that actually what he said? "ALL male supporters"? Must have missed this particular phrase - any chance for a link?

If he didn't say that, I would still think it's stopping short of the target, it takes (a minimum of) 2 people to breed murderers.

7 minutes ago, tgw said:

If he didn't say that, I would still think it's stopping short of the target, it takes (a minimum of) 2 people to breed murderers.

I was actually wondering about the 'male' part, which sounded odd. Later realized it was a translation thing.

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Are you seriously suggesting that Non Jews get treated like that in Israel ?

Are you seriously suggesting (in Gaza - to the topic) they don't ?

If so, then you don't understand anything about the conflict.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

As there are no Jews in Gaza , I thought that you were referring to life in  Israel .

I thought that you were comparing Israeli Jews to Israeli Muslims in Israel  , maybe you should have just written Gazians instead of non Jews

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

I seriously suggest that if you claim this is 'just another day' for Gazans you're either unfamiliar with facts, did not read the OP, or trolling.

The whole point of the OP is that the current situation in Gaza is massively different than usual.

Your 'non-jews' is dully noted, for the next time you'll try to deny the obvious.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/11/2023 at 12:25 AM, billd766 said:

Shame on Egypt?

How about shame on the Israeli governments over the decades for all their attempts at genocide and the absolutely complete control over a population who are fighting to regain what they once had. their own country which was, and still is, being stolen from them on a daily basis. 

An even bigger shame on the western countries who support Israel and have done for decades.

And an even bigger shame on the warmongering governments of Israel for doing it coldly, deliberately and with malice aforethought

Every living member of the Knesset should stand before the international court in the Hague, where the Germans stood in the courtroom at Nuremberg, and be accused of war crimes and genocide.

I may have been wrong about Egypt, as the israelis bombed the crossing to stop Gazans exiting.

That gives the lie to that israeli politician that said Gazans should leave, when it's israel that is stopping them.

Netanyahu is claiming that this is necessary to protect israelis, but IMO after this no israeli will be safe anywhere in the world, as the conflict will move away from Palestine into the wider world, and against soft israeli targets.

There are about 1.8 billion Muslims and I'd say most of them are outraged by what is happening in Gaza.

Israel may win this "battle", but IMO they will lose the war.

They will not forget that america is supporting the slaughter.

The Muslim world is watching.

Meanwhile blinken travels the Arab world looking for assistance to rescue the hostages, but not a word about restraint, not committing collective punishment ( illegal under international law ) and stopping the murder of children by bombs.

I hope they send blinken away with a flea in his ear.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, John Drake said:

Gaza can get the water, food, and electricity turned back on, according to Israel. All they need to do is release the hostages. 

They would be very foolish to believe anything the israelis say.

If they did release the hostages they have nothing to prevent the israelis completely destroying the city.

If they have any sense, the hostages will be released when israel sends the massed military back home and open the border to Egypt for the supply of fuel, food and medical supplies while allowing refugees to leave.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1