Tourist turmoil: Thailand grapples with 10,000 unexpected Israeli guests amid conflict aftermath

webfact

On 10/10/2023 at 12:33 PM, Airwolf said:

Majority of Israeli tourists/backpackers I met on my travels were very rude and unfriendly, was pretty much the consensus with other international backpackers. The women are pretty hot though. 

Was staying in a guesthouse in Siem Reap filled with Israeli backpackers 2020, they were all really friendly.

The guys were all totally buff, and the girls were all chubbies and I asked them why .........

The guys said, "we just finished out military service, and the gals aren't require to do what we have to do"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That's not very conclusive is it ?

You felt uncomfortable on a van trip 30 odd years ago with two Israeli guys and that equates to ALL Israelis being unfriendly ?

Maybe they just didn't want to talk to you

Or maybe he picked it from AlJazeera....

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, tkramer said:

No, they definitely will...but they are not the ones sitting in the White House today.

As far as I'm concerned...the Israelis brought this upon themselves. Inch by inch, day by day, with their constant and systematic 'land theft'.

The UN warns them every time they make a new infringement, but the rest of the west looks the other way.

2nd half of this 2 minute video...

'Absolutely predictable': Analyst on why Hamas attacked Israel | CNN

Well, the propaganda key here is "CNN" - antisemitic for years and no friend to Israel. IMO, the Israelis did not "bring this upon themselves".  In 1993, the nation of Israel traded their land (Gaza) for peace with the PLO, a terrorist organization, first headed by the terrorist Yasser Arafat. Israel never received the "peace" part of the Accords. So now, repossession of the "land is the most reasonable option. Pundits can sit in Ivory Towers and claim that Israel should "do this or that", but it's really just virtue signaling. Using this kind of logic - here's what we would conclude: "tit for tat" - so how many babies would the Palestinians allow to be beheaded of their own?  "Measured response" as the Ivory Tower apologists for Hamas suggest is foolish. Pearl Harbor bombing by Japan... everything would be "equitable", if we had just bombed a Japanese harbor?  War is horrific, so if one wants to avoid consequences, don't start one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In a previous post I mentioned working for a man named Roy Farran. I said that there was plenty of info on Google.. Since it's been a while, I took my own advice and googled him..

Member of the SAS. One of the most decorated British soldiers. Born in India. Graduate of Sandhurst. Operated behind enemy lines, working with partisans(terrorists). Openly admitted to shooting unarmed Germans and Italians who had surrendered under white flags. Stone-cold killer indeed..

After the War, Britain fought against Jewish terrorists in Palestine for 3 years. Thousands of British soldiers killed by Jewish nationalists (terrorists). Somebody higher up in the British Army realized that they had a few, SAS and the like, veterans who had practiced terrorism themselves against Germans and Italians.. Lets send them to Palestine.. It worked on a practical level but failed politically..

After the incident with the young boy that I mentioned, Stern Gang sent a book bomb (through the Post) that killed his younger brother whose name had the same first initial...in Britain.

The Jewish state was born from European guilt and Jewish terrorism. in twenty years there will be more Arab citizens than Jewish, yet Israel is a theocratic State. Like Iran. How is that going to work?

I believe an imposed peace has to be on the table because these 2 peoples ( both Semitic BTW) so much for "anti-semitism", are just 2 sides of the same coin.

History did not start yesterday.

Plenty of bad people and atrocities to go around..

Edited by bobbin
spelling
  • Haha 1

One wonders if Hamas has the political sophistication to announce inquiry into proven (video) war crimes by some of their soldiers..

"Gotta take one for the team fellas"

Of course most of the identified are already dead, but even a few would counter the legitimate outrage..

Ball in Israel's court.. Think collective punishment of Gazan women and children..

Starting to get complicated isn't it?

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Morch said:

How is it relevant?

it's relevant because, like Jingthing, most people assume that it means anti-Jewish, and it does in it's modern usage, when it's actually a predjudice against all Semitic peoples, not just Jews..

So if the phrase can be applied to both Arabs and Jews, it's not specific enough and people would be more correct (linguistically speaking to say someone is anti-Jewish, not an anti-semite.)

For more relevance take the phrase in the context I wrote it.

"2 sides of the same coin.."

Edited by bobbin
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, bobbin said:

it's relevant because, like Jingthing, most people assume that it means anti-Jewish, and it does in it's modern usage, when it's actually a predjudice against all Semitic peoples, not just Jews..

So if the phrase can be applied to both Arabs and Jews, it's not specific enough and people would be more correct (linguistically speaking to say someone is anti-Jewish, not an anti-semite.)

For more relevance take the phrase in the context I wrote it.

"2 sides of the same coin.."

It means exactly anti-Jewish. Look it up. No one uses it in the context of Arabs, for example.

This nonsense been done to death on these topics for years now.

So as JT said....not that crap again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Morch said:

It means exactly anti-Jewish. Look it up. No one uses it in the context of Arabs, for example.

I was using an anthropological phrase ..Forgive me for bringing science into the discussion..

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Morch said:

YIKES...!

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Morch said:

I looked it up:

Screenshot_20231013-160751_Brave.jpg

Edited by Bobthegimp
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2023 at 11:38 AM, bobbin said:

In a previous post I mentioned working for a man named Roy Farran. I said that there was plenty of info on Google.. Since it's been a while, I took my own advice and googled him..

Member of the SAS. One of the most decorated British soldiers. Born in India. Graduate of Sandhurst. Operated behind enemy lines, working with partisans(terrorists). Openly admitted to shooting unarmed Germans and Italians who had surrendered under white flags. Stone-cold killer indeed..

After the War, Britain fought against Jewish terrorists in Palestine for 3 years. Thousands of British soldiers killed by Jewish nationalists (terrorists). Somebody higher up in the British Army realized that they had a few, SAS and the like, veterans who had practiced terrorism themselves against Germans and Italians.. Lets send them to Palestine.. It worked on a practical level but failed politically..

After the incident with the young boy that I mentioned, Stern Gang sent a book bomb (through the Post) that killed his younger brother whose name had the same first initial...in Britain.

The Jewish state was born from European guilt and Jewish terrorism. in twenty years there will be more Arab citizens than Jewish, yet Israel is a theocratic State. Like Iran. How is that going to work?

I believe an imposed peace has to be on the table because these 2 peoples ( both Semitic BTW) so much for "anti-semitism", are just 2 sides of the same coin.

History did not start yesterday.

Plenty of bad people and atrocities to go around..

I seriously doubt that in the short term that  msm will be permitted to present anything  that can verify such clarification. Not to say that horrific  abuses  have  been or  continuing on  either side.

15 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

From what i know if they come here they keep quite about where they come from.I imagine knowing what they do and look at the current problem and may happen no wonder they keep quite.Not only thailand but many countries i bet they do the same.

'Quiet' I think Geoff, 'quite' not quite right.