Indian Man Arrested After 3,168 Days Visa Overstay in Thailand

webfact

Wondering which of those thousands of Somchais never ever had the idea to run an "overdue" list in their fancy immigration computer. I saw - by co-incidence - my own online record on a screen of an immigration computer and, trust me, everything is recorded there. 

The only explanation could be, that they put in the arrival year as 2557 (Buddhist calendar) while the computer runs on the Gregorian calendar (2014) which allows another 534 years until the immigration whistles and bells go off ... 

Another harmless fellow and an extremely poor certificate of immigration performance 8-) 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, blazes said:

Totally agree.

This gives hope for us all, especially as we get older and deportation seems less catastrophic.  Natural death may come before the Immigration boffins knock on the door....

My retirement extension is due end of this month. Makes me question why waste petrol and money on stupid photocopies? Assuming no need to ever exit/reenter Thailand of course. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Long term overstay,also looking over his shouldert for a long time.They all get caught in time now he is banned for life

Banned for life may not be a problem. He will probably just go back home, get a new passport, and do the same in another Asian country. Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, take a pick. Might even be a blessing for him to change ground.

The question is how did he slip away from all checkpoints, registrations and hunting all this time. Laying low, hiding in plain sight seems still possible. I doubt he was hiding underground for 8-9 years.

On 10/11/2023 at 11:50 PM, LALes said:

After reading this, it begs the question, who holds the record for the longest overstay?  Amazing what you can accomplish if you keep a low profile.

There was a guy on here with 11 years overstay some years ago, just before the severe penalties came into effect. He got his sheet cleaned, and was back the next week.

What the record is, Buddha knows. I have no doubt it is more than 2 decades, maybe even 3 or 4, never caught.

• 6 months later...