Thailand remains neutral on Israeli-Palestine conflict

snoop1130

Thailand being Thailand.

The world will see such neutrality in the face of evil as projecting as a weaker "fly over" country that doesn't really want to be a major player. Not to be taken seriously.

Up to them. 

At least they're not like Iran.

I don't really blame Thailand for this.

They've decided this is in their best self interest and I reckon they're probably right about that. 

But again there is also a price to backing off from being a serious world player.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Thailand being Thailand.

The world will see such neutrality in the face of evil as projecting as a weaker "fly over" country that doesn't really want to be a major player. Not to be taken seriously.

Up to them. 

At least they're not like Iran.

I don't really blame Thailand for this.

They've decided this is in their best self interest and I reckon they're probably right about that. 

But again there is also a price to backing off from being a serious world player.

The only problem with that assessment is that Thailand IS a major player in this - they've lost people and their citizens are currently being held hostage. Thailand has quite a big footprint in Israel, with 30,000 foreign workers.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

You want to pressure the invaded and not the invader? 

You would agree to put pressure on to Ukraine instead of Russia?

Don't tell me it's that what you mean.

You're the one who brought up 'pressure'. I was asking why do you think only one of the sides should be pressured? And what good will it to do when the two Palestinian sides (yes, it's a three-way) are neither willing nor able as well?

Don't deflect with bringing up Ukraine and Russia.

Don't put words in my mouth.

6 hours ago, JensenZ said:

There is one important point you might not have considered. Hamas knew exactly what would happen as a consequence of their brutal attack. They knew how Israel would retaliate. This was all well planned in advance. They want Israel to overreact to gain the support of the whole Arab world. It worked well, as even a number of members on this forum are blaming Israel as they systematically destroy Gaza.

Hamas were well aware of how many of their own people would be killed. They are using their own people as cannon fodder to further their cause. They have no respect for their own people. The more who die the better as far as they are concerned.

Hamas is 100% responsible for every death, on both sides.

I just wondering if we live in the same world. Your views are absolute abstruse to me. Sorry. 

9 hours ago, mark131v said:

Oh yes they will be 'stamped out' just like ISIS, you can mark my words on that!

I agree we will never have substantial peace as some ideologies are incompatible with peace and they need to be eradicated, Hamas, Iran et al knew this but decided terror was the way to further their cause. They have misjudged and many, many innocents on both sides will be killed because or these religious nutters!

Nuts. Who will decide who should be stamped out? And what kind of view is it to give someone the right to stamp out your neighbour?? Sorry, when reading your post I could vomit.

33 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Nuts. Who will decide who should be stamped out? And what kind of view is it to give someone the right to stamp out your neighbour?? Sorry, when reading your post I could vomit.

Both of the previous two posts you've replied to are pretty much right on. Terrorists do not care about anyone, including their own workers. They will sacrifice their lives for an insane cause, a cause no normal mind can fathom. When he said this was planned to start something bigger, it may well be exactly that. Sacrificing a few hundred to start a war means nothing to them. They can always recruit more disturbed people to help their cause. They knew that Israel has the firepower to kill them, and they don't. They think that others will pick up the slack when the few they've sent are all killed off, meaning Iran. Insanity doesn't look at the future, for them their future means little. As far as stamping out your neighbor, if your neighbor comes into your backyard and kills innocents, that gives them all the right to follow with extreme prejudice. It doesn't mean wanton killing of civilians, although collateral damage always occurs. We don't yet know the full reason they did this, and can only speculate, as can be seen by the armchair quarterbacks here. Terrorists kill for their own sick reasons. Sometimes it's to enlist other backers. And they knew full well that the US would back Israel.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Both of the previous two pots you've replied to are pretty much right on. Terrorists do not care about anyone, including their own workers. They will sacrifice their lives for an insane cause, a cause no normal mind can fathom. When he said this was planned to start something bigger, it may well be exactly that. Sacrificing a few hundred to start a war means nothing to them. They can always recruit more disturbed people to help their cause. They knew that Israel has the firepower to kill them, and they don't. They think that others will pick up the slack when the few they've sent are all killed off, meaning Iran. Insanity doesn't look at the future, for them their future means little. As far as stamping out your neighbor, if your neighbor comes into your backyard and kills innocents, that gives them all the right to follow with extreme prejudice. It doesn't mean wanton killing of civilians, although collateral damage always occurs. We don't yet know the full reason they did this, and can only speculate, as can be seen by the armchair quarterbacks here. Terrorists kill for their own sick reasons. Sometimes it's to enlist other backers. And they knew full well that the US would back Israel.

I hope US will be not involved. Wherever they were involved since 1945 they left devastated land and people. 

And when you talk about "neighbours".....who occupied eg the Westbank? It was Israel! And who claims Jerusalem to be the religious Capital? It was Israel, though Moslems got the same right to carry out religious customs. 

Trying to kill your neighbour will never be any solution for peace. Hatred is growing the more innocent people will die.

And sanctions never ever worked. 

So to sanction The Gaza Strip by cutting electricity, drinking water and fuel is not only inhuman but stupid useless. 

Best example you'll see in Russia or Iran or elsewhere.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

I hope US will be not involved. Wherever they were involved since 1945 they left devastated land and people. 

And when you talk about "neighbours".....who occupied eg the Westbank? It was Israel! And who claims Jerusalem to be the religious Capital? It was Israel, though Moslems got the same right to carry out religious customs. 

Trying to kill your neighbour will never be any solution for peace. Hatred is growing the more innocent people will die.

So to sanction The Gaza Strip by cutting electricity, drinking water and fuel is not only inhuman but stupid useless. 

Letting terrorists get away with killing means it will increase. The US gets involved because the US is all nations in one place. It isn't a country of just Americans, but all countries on earth in the same place. That's why they want to help when another country is being victimized by terrorists. Doing this doesn't mean mistakes won't be made, as in Vietnam. But letting the Taliban leaders get away with 9-11 wouldn't have stopped them but let them live to do it again, and in other countries as well. Problem is they , and all terrorists organizations, recruit others to hate.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/11/2023 at 9:34 PM, JensenZ said:

I don't know if you're speaking for Thailand as you use the pronoun "we". The Thai government's affirmation of neutrality is made by some politicians and they don't speak for everyone, and neither do you.

"Really? What does saying we support Israel do? Doesnt achieve anything."

Possibly the "we" in this post is what the government might say.

Not the poster including himself as a person speaking for Thailand.

Ya think?

22 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Letting terrorists get away with killing means it will increase. The US gets involved because the US is all nations in one place. It isn't a country of just Americans, but all countries on earth in the same place. That's why they want to help when another country is being victimized by terrorists. Doing this doesn't mean mistakes won't be made, as in Vietnam. But letting the Taliban leaders get away with 9-11 wouldn't have stopped them but let them live to do it again, and in other countries as well. Problem is they , and all terrorists organizations, recruit others to hate.

Hahaha, is there even one country where US left in peace since 1945? NONE!! US helps only if it is in their interest, mainly political or economic. 

There is an UN resolution concerning the Westbank. Did help US Palestine? 

I won't start US bashing, but I ask you to consider history of US involvement since 1945. It may hurt.

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Hahaha, is there even one country where US left in peace since 1945? NONE!! US helps only if it is in their interest, mainly political or economic. 

I won't start US bashing, but I ask you to consider history of US involvement since 1945. It may hurt.

I'm from the US and fully aware of what goes on there. What do you mean by left in peace? The US goes where terrorists live, to kill them, so they won't kill others, not only in the US but in other countries, so they are doing a service to all countries. Do you think going into Afghanistan was about making money? Think what terrorists have done. You think they deserve any breaks?

• Thumbs Up 1

Thailand's neutrality is their business, my opinion is of no consequence to them.

But...

My first awareness of Palestinian militants is of a Palestinian pushing an elderly man in a wheelchair off the deck of the ship Achille Lauro into the Mediterranean Sea. This was intentionally done in front of TV cameras.

Most recently the murderous attack by Hamas on unarmed civilians in Southern Israel committing multiple murders on video.

Although, there is no doubt a lot of blame to be shared on both sides, the Palestinians have projected an image of inhuman brutality and cruelty that works to their disadvantage.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mark131v said:

Oh yes they will be 'stamped out' just like ISIS, you can mark my words on that!

I agree we will never have substantial peace as some ideologies are incompatible with peace and they need to be eradicated, Hamas, Iran et al knew this but decided terror was the way to further their cause. They have misjudged and many, many innocents on both sides will be killed because or these religious nutters!

Excuse me.. I believe you have a bit of foam in the corner of your mouth... 

9 hours ago, JensenZ said:

There is one important point you might not have considered. Hamas knew exactly what would happen as a consequence of their brutal attack. They knew how Israel would retaliate. This was all well planned in advance. They want Israel to overreact to gain the support of the whole Arab world. It worked well, as even a number of members on this forum are blaming Israel as they systematically destroy Gaza.

Hamas were well aware of how many of their own people would be killed. They are using their own people as cannon fodder to further their cause. They have no respect for their own people. The more who die the better as far as they are concerned.

Hamas is 100% responsible for every death, on both sides.

Mostly agree with with the above. Addressed in other posts on parallel topics.

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Hamas tried to do just that. Hamas's agenda is a lot to do with that. You seem to have less issues with them.

• Love It 1

“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality”.

Dante Aligheri

Of course one has to believe in hell or heaven for this quote  to have any meaning.  Like many things in LOS things have little meaning except to maintain the “tourism” gravy train to keep chugging along.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

The current fighting is in and around the Gaza Strip. No occupation, no illegal Israeli settlements.

I've no idea what 'religious capital' means. Israel considers Jerusalem as it's capital, period. The Palestinians  contest this, fine.

If Hamas wasn't bent on launching rockets at Israel and carrying out terrorist attacks, there would be no sanctions and no blockade. You can ignore history and fact, but it's not like either sanctions, nor blockade were always present in their current form. 

It's one thing that you constantly deflect, jump from one point to another without addressing even your own comments, it's another when you misrepresent facts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

"I won't start US bashing,..."

Start how? You're well into it by now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sigmund said:

The US intefering and provoking wars all over the world is a homeland business scheme,  to feed the corruption handled by the US arms industry.

Funny how this topic is about Thailand's stance vs. current events, yet some go on and on about the USA. Is Thailand a new US State nowadays?

26 minutes ago, Morch said:

The current fighting is in and around the Gaza Strip. No occupation, no illegal Israeli settlements.

I've no idea what 'religious capital' means. Israel considers Jerusalem as it's capital, period. The Palestinians  contest this, fine.

If Hamas wasn't bent on launching rockets at Israel and carrying out terrorist attacks, there would be no sanctions and no blockade. You can ignore history and fact, but it's not like either sanctions, nor blockade were always present in their current form. 

It's one thing that you constantly deflect, jump from one point to another without addressing even your own comments, it's another when you misrepresent facts.

The word “Jerusalem” is mentioned more than 660 times in the Hebrew bible and 146 times in the New Testament. Jerusalem, by his name is not mentioned in the Quran, how comes that? when muslims pray the turn their backs on Jerusalem

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Israel will! the world vividly remembers ISIS, have you forgotten?

If you feel nauseous that's because you have a pink and fluffy idea of how the world should be and are out of touch with reality, human nature, twisted ideology, the inability to forgive guarantee it....

2 hours ago, bobbin said:

Excuse me.. I believe you have a bit of foam in the corner of your mouth... 

Nope not at all, not angry just sad that already people are apologising for what Hama's chose to do but you can mark my words on their eradication if you like! 

"Neutral means they condone the slaughter of civilians, including the murder of infants."

Absolutely disagree.

Would supporting either side make one a brave nation?

This type of conflicts are obviously supported/involves powerful international politics in the background. Hence, countries taking a neutral stance, would minimise attracting unwanted political fury towards them later on.

It's easy to be a Rambo in an anonymous forum - but governments need to think of the detrimental repercussions that may arise due to their decisions, where-by the innocent citizens of their own will suffer.

Only terrorists and psychopaths would condone the slaughter of civilians, including the murder of infants, for any reason.

2 hours ago, Morch said:

BS. Hezbollah started from the North recently.

Israel could stop the war by giving back the Westbank according to the statement of UN. And finally agree to the 2 states option. Israel acts again International Law. 

However, there is no accuse for the cruelty of Hamas. 

27 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

BS. Hezbollah started from the North recently.

Israel could stop the war by giving back the Westbank according to the statement of UN. And finally agree to the 2 states option. Israel acts again International Law. 

However, there is no accuse for the cruelty of Hamas. 

Attacks on Israel's north were mostly by Palestinian organizations in Lebanon, with Hezbollah allowing and condoning then, but not very much in participation so far. The Hezbollah is not Lebanon, and comments from the Lebanese government already implored not getting directly involved - Lebanon simply cannot afford to.

No one in his right mind expects Israel to withdraw from the West Bank at this moment. A two-state solution would require the Palestinians accepting an agreement - this is not according to Hamas agenda, and hardly something Abbas and the PA are willing and able to go for. Laying all the blame on Israel does not match facts and reality.

Hamas could stop the war, or at least give some reprieve to to the citizens of the Gaza Strip, by releasing the hostages.

44 minutes ago, Morch said:

Attacks on Israel's north were mostly by Palestinian organizations in Lebanon, with Hezbollah allowing and condoning then, but not very much in participation so far. The Hezbollah is not Lebanon, and comments from the Lebanese government already implored not getting directly involved - Lebanon simply cannot afford to.

No one in his right mind expects Israel to withdraw from the West Bank at this moment. A two-state solution would require the Palestinians accepting an agreement - this is not according to Hamas agenda, and hardly something Abbas and the PA are willing and able to go for. Laying all the blame on Israel does not match facts and reality.

Hamas could stop the war, or at least give some reprieve to to the citizens of the Gaza Strip, by releasing the hostages.

I would be interested how you will judge about the ongoing violation of International Law by Israel????

• Like 1